DDT4 on May 22, 2009 - Tickets on sale now!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 on May 22, 2009 - Sixth & Seventh Teams Announced!

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:30 pm

PWG_Silverback wrote:

On Friday, May 22, 2009, at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, eight of the best tag teams in professional wrestling will collide at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4, and tickets for this event are on sale now at the DDT4 Mini-Site! Front Row tickets are $25, and General Admission tickets are $20!

With less than a handful of appearances in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla to their credit, Brandon and Dustin Cutler have impressed the Board of Directors enough to earn themselves the sixth spot in 2009's DDT4. The Cutler Brothers made their Pro Wrestling Guerrilla debut earlier this year against Los Luchas, but it wasn't until World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks offered the Cutlers an impromptu shot at the titles at One Hundred that Brandon and Dustin were viewed as a legitimate tag team force. Now, The Cutler Brothers have an opportunity to climb to the very top of the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla tag team scene in a single night. Are the brothers prepared, or with the other seven teams be caught unawares by the Cutlers?

The seventh team to enter Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 are probably the least surprising entry into the tournament, but that is no knock on their abilities; The Young Bucks are the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Champions for a reason! Currently in Japan competing for Dragon Gate, Matt and Nick Jackson have the second longest reign of any Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Champions, and if they successfully defend the titles in Japan, they will come back to the United States and put the titles on the line at DDT4!

If The Young Bucks come into DDT4 as champions, then every match the brothers have on May 22 will be a title match. El Generico and "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen attempted to defend the titles throughout the tournament at 2008's DDT4, but were unable to make it past the final round. Will The Young Bucks be able to do what no other team in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla history could? Find out on May 22 at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4!

Speaking of El Generico, the former World Champion and World Tag Team Champion has been such a big part of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla over the last four years that we feel it fair to announce he will not be competing at DDT4 due to injury. We at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla wish him a speedy and complete recovery.

Team 1 -- The Dynasty (Scott Lost & Joey Ryan)

Team 2 -- Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre)

Team 3 -- Kenny Omega & Chuck Taylor

Team 4 -- Chris Hero & Roderick Strong

Team 5 -- Bryan Danielson & Paul London

Team 6 -- The Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin Cutler)

Team 7 -- The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

Check back on Monday, April 27 to find out the final team to be entered in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4! Visit the DDT4 Mini-Site to get your tickets today!

Kind of bums me out that Generico won't be there. But I do hope he gets better with that knee injury. That way he comes back and goes for the big gold. I think he needs another title reign.

I'm curious to see the last match up. And if we will get new champs crowned at DDT4
DjEn3rgy21

Re: DDT4 on May 22, 2009 - Tickets on sale now!

Postby watts63 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:02 am

Too bad about El Generico...Oh well, c'mon Anchors Away or The Negro Division...Just a thought.
watts63

Postby FruffMyPirrowPreeze » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:38 pm

it's almost everyone from 99 just paired up into tag teams. It should still be a good show but I would have preferred 8 actual teams and not just random pairings. But hey..there still gettin my 20 bucks.
FruffMyPirrowPreeze

Postby Zwarrior2 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:19 pm

Here's to hoping Hart Foundation 2.0 takes the final spot...a man can dream can't he.

Sadly no matter who it is they will be devoured by the Swarm.
Zwarrior2

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:36 pm

I thought the last team would be Steenerico, but since El Generico's injured I guess that's out of the question. Well, I guess my guess now is AXP. It probably won't happen, but if it does I'll be happy.
Whoblehwah

Postby OSKMIA » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:02 pm

I'm hoping so badly that PWG brings in the Hart Foundation 2.0, but it feels like a long shot... well come to think of it, I was wrong about them never bringing in El Blazer, so I could be wrong here too.
OSKMIA

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:50 am

Zwarrior2 wrote:Here's to hoping Hart Foundation 2.0 takes the final spot...a man can dream can't he.

Sadly no matter who it is they will be devoured by the Swarm.

I'm hoping that too, that will make it so much better. Please bring in Hart Foundation 2.0!!!!!

And yeah the swarm might take it, but it would be great to see regardless!!! Bodies flying everywhere!!!

Cheers
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Whoblehwah » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:55 am

The last team will be announced today. =O

Am I the only person that doesn't want it to be the Hart Foundation 2.0? I love Jack Evans, but Teddy Hart? Ehh......
Whoblehwah

DDT4 on May 22, 2009 - Final team announced!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:54 pm

On Friday, May 22, 2009, at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, eight of the best tag teams in professional wrestling will collide at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4, and tickets for this event are on sale now at the DDT4 Mini-Site! Front Row tickets are $25, and General Admission tickets are $20!

The eighth and final team entered in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 was originally scheduled to be in the first ever tournament in 2007, however due to a variety of reasons they were unable to compete. Now, Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley, the Motor City Machine Guns, have their sights set on the tournament victory that eluded them two years ago.

Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley made their return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla at Ninety-Nine, when they challenged Matt and Nick Jackson, The Young Bucks, for the World Tag Team Championship. Though they were unable to defeat the reigning Tag Team Champions, the Machine Guns were so impressed by The Young Bucks that they asked the Jackson brothers for a rematch as soon as possible. While The Young Bucks were unable to grant an immediate rematch, they petitioned the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Board of Directors to include Sabin and Shelley in DDT4.

With their inclusion in DDT4, the Motor City Machine Guns have the possibility of meeting up with The Young Bucks once again, though no one knows exactly when. It could happen in the first round, with the titles changing hands and the Guns going on to defend throughout the tournament. Or if each team finds themselves on opposite sides of the brackets, the rematch could be the tournament final. But with six other teams vying for a chance to win DDT4, there's a strong possibility that neither the Bucks nor the Guns will be present in the tournament final.

Team 1 -- The Dynasty (Scott Lost & Joey Ryan)

Team 2 -- Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre)

Team 3 -- Kenny Omega & Chuck Taylor

Team 4 -- Chris Hero & Roderick Strong

Team 5 -- Bryan Danielson & Paul London

Team 6 -- The Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin Cutler)

Team 7 -- The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

Team 8 -- Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley)

Check back on Wednesday, April 29 when the first first round tournament match for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 will be announced! Visit the DDT4 Mini-Site to get your tickets today!
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:02 pm

OH SHIT!!!
Lord Akiyama

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Wow... what an awesome final addition. In many ways, they were the best team they could have gotten for that final spot. Can't wait to see the matches now. So many ways they can go with this...
TigerDriver98

Postby Matt Flash » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Wow is right. That's the absolute ultimate right there in final participants. It probably goes without saying that Danielson/London vs. MCMG is the front runner for most anticipated match. I wonder if they match MCMG vs. Young Bucks up again at anytime during the tournament. That would be interesting to see if they have that rematch again so soon. And what four teams make it to the semi finals. Danielson/London, MCMGs and Young Bucks seem to be the 3 "definites". Hero/Strong and Lost/Ryan are two others who you would think would have a pretty strong chance, as well. And Omega/Taylor is such a crowd pleasing team that you'd have to think they've got a chance, as well, provided they don't get a whammy of a first round match-up.

There's definnitely lots of ways for this to go, and they're all pretty much golden. Can't wait 'till Wednesday to see the first bracket.
Matt Flash

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:06 pm

Very nice addition to the ddt4...so I guess it wasn't a one time deal to bring in mcmg. Very happy with their addition, as I missed seeing them live at 99. So does this mean that other tna wrestlers are able to work pwg shows again?
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby onlxn » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:26 pm

Fabulous way to round it out... you can't ask for more than that.

I'm guessing we see a Bucks/Dolphins finals, with Danielson and London beating the MCMGs in an epic semi. And I'm guessing it's pretty friggin' rad.
onlxn

Postby Zwarrior2 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Now we have to hope that TNA doesn't pull them out again.
Zwarrior2

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:39 pm

Zwarrior2 wrote:Now we have to hope that TNA doesn't pull them out again.

I thought they were released from their contracts though?
DjEn3rgy21

Postby CheMateo » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Awesome! I truly believe that MCMG were the best possible choice for the final spot. There are so many exciting and fun possible match ups. MCMG vs Los Luchas, Hero & Strong, and of course Hybrid Dolphin. Before 99 was even under way, I remember wondering if it was at all possible to see the MCMG back for DDT 4. But I quickly shot myself down. Now it's actually happening!
CheMateo

Postby watts63 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:18 pm

MCMG vs Hyprid Dolphins...that would be beautiful.
watts63

Postby RoaringElbow » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:55 am

what an awesome addition. it doesnt get any better than those two. MCMG vs Hybrid Dolphins gives me a semi
RoaringElbow

Postby luca brasi » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:46 pm

This show went from being kind of interesting to absolutely must-see.
This shit's gonna be nuts.
luca brasi

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum