BOLA 2016

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:17 pm

Just wondering if anybody has any predictions of who will be Dalton Castle's Boys in the Main Event of Friday Night. I was hoping Gargano and Ciampa but I'm not sure if they will be available on those dates. I wouldn't mind seeing Cody Rhodes and Chuck Taylor ( I know Chuck isn't booked but he wasn't last year and still did commentary and wrestled on Night 3 ).
ShadowMaster

Postby toby80 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:12 am

ShadowMaster wrote:Just wondering if anybody has any predictions of who will be Dalton Castle's Boys in the Main Event of Friday Night. I was hoping Gargano and Ciampa but I'm not sure if they will be available on those dates. I wouldn't mind seeing Cody Rhodes and Chuck Taylor ( I know Chuck isn't booked but he wasn't last year and still did commentary and wrestled on Night 3 ).

Yeah I was thinking Cody and someone. How hilarious would it be if it was Liger :lol:
toby80

Postby toby80 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:30 am

Btw, with the shows just a few weeks away now, who do you guys have as the favourite to win the tournament?

It's really tough to call, but my No. 1 picks would be Zack retaining, or Marty, if he gets past Pentagon Jr (who could be in with a shout, if the the result of that match is reversed).

Beyond that, I think Cody, Trevor Lee and maybe even Matt Riddle have an outsiders' chance.

Whatever the case, I can't wait man. BOLA is the date on the wrestling calendar for me now.
toby80

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:55 am

This years pick is tough iv'e been going back and forth with either Zack going back to back which would be a first in BOLA or having Marty going all the way. I wanted to wait till after 13 to make my pick and after 13 I can say it made my decision harder but i'm going with Marty winning BOLA this year. Outsiders chance I would say Chris Hero or Will Osprey . I really think Jeff Cobb can make a serious run in the tournament similar to what Marty Scrull and Mike Bailey did last year but having him go over Ricochet is tough to call cause i'm sure I'm not the only one who who wants to see Will Osprey vs Ricochet somewhere on Night 3. Hands down we are defiantly in for a amazing weekend of wrestling.
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:55 am

My pick is Marty. He has been killing it this year, and ulike Pentagon or Will he has been a huge part of PWG, which is why I say those two won't win.

Another guy is someone I can't stand. I think Sami could do it. I really hope not, and the thought of seeing 4 Callihan singles matches in one weekend is making me itch. But lets be honest, Dragon and Excalibur love him, so I say he is one of the favorites.

Hero has been to the finals and lost 3 times. With the year he is having I can see him. If he does make it back to the finals he is definitely winning. No way he loses 4 times.

I don't see Cobb making a run. I think he gets past Ricochet, but loses the next match. I just don't think he has the wind to do multiple long matches, he was dead after his match with Hero.

And I can't see anyone winning their second BOLA. I just don't see the benefit in that. And as much as I love Zack, I do not think a second won would recieve a big pop at all.
eastbay510

Postby OSKMIA » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:40 pm

I'm surprised a lot of people aren't picking Pentagon Jr. to win to be perfectly honest... He was the most over guy (next to ZSJ) at last year's BoLA.
OSKMIA

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:58 pm

OSKMIA wrote:I'm surprised a lot of people aren't picking Pentagon Jr. to win to be perfectly honest... He was the most over guy (next to ZSJ) at last year's BoLA.

It's hard to pick a guy like Pentagon since he hasn't wrestled for PWG since last years BOLA I would find it hard to have him win it all when he isn't a regular on the roster.
ShadowMaster

Postby OSKMIA » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:02 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:
OSKMIA wrote:I'm surprised a lot of people aren't picking Pentagon Jr. to win to be perfectly honest... He was the most over guy (next to ZSJ) at last year's BoLA.

It's hard to pick a guy like Pentagon since he hasn't wrestled for PWG since last years BOLA I would find it hard to have him win it all when he isn't a regular on the roster.

I don't know, Cima wasn't a regular for PWG either per se and he won. Also it could be beneficial for PWG to have a lucha guy win... It means more trust and maybe even open more doors to see luchadores in PWG. But that's just my opinion...
OSKMIA

Postby toby80 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:57 pm

As mean as I feel saying this, I hope Hero isn't in contention, as it means we'll get to see more of Liger! :P
toby80

Postby iamloco724 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:54 am

Coming in from out of state for this, any recommendations on areas to look for an airbnb in?
iamloco724

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:51 pm

iamloco724 wrote:Coming in from out of state for this, any recommendations on areas to look for an airbnb in?

Sorry what is that?
eastbay510

Postby iamloco724 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:06 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
iamloco724 wrote:Coming in from out of state for this, any recommendations on areas to look for an airbnb in?

Sorry what is that?

An airbnb is a rental house/apartment as an alternative to a hotel.
iamloco724

Postby shyboy13 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:44 am

It depends on what you wqnt to do. If you want to visit LA and do all the touristy things then you should prolly stay round Hollywood, Downtown, or Santa Monica/Venice. If your only plan on this trip is to see PWG then it would be best to stay as close to the venue as possible. But Reseda is pretty far away from anywhere fun for a tourist so it all depends.

LA is way too big for anyone to really answer your question without knowing a lot more about what you're looking for.

Good luck and have fun.
shyboy13

Postby iamloco724 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:37 am

shyboy13 wrote:

It depends on what you wqnt to do. If you want to visit LA and do all the touristy things then you should prolly stay round Hollywood, Downtown, or Santa Monica/Venice. If your only plan on this trip is to see PWG then it would be best to stay as close to the venue as possible. But Reseda is pretty far away from anywhere fun for a tourist so it all depends.

LA is way too big for anyone to really answer your question without knowing a lot more about what you're looking for.

Good luck and have fun.

First two days will be more tourist stuff and then 3 days of PWG. So it's split
iamloco724

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:32 am

I recently subscribed to Revolution Pro Wrestling's on demand service and watched Pete Dunne vs Will Ospreay from Summer Sizzle 2016 and it was one hell of a match. Dunne is gonna be a guy like Scrull last year that gets over on the BOLA weekend. Also go to catch Jeff Cobb vs Zack Sabre Jr that had everything to offer and towards the end of the match Cobb was so over with RPV fans that they were booing Sabre Jr out of the building now think of that for a second. Cobb vs Sabre Jr is a match I would love to see on Night 3 of BOLA in two long weeks.
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:41 pm

I agree about Dunne. To me besides Riddle and David Finlay, Dunne is the most improved wrestler of 2016. I feel like Andrews may win though. I like Andrews but Dunne is about to break out as a star and one of the top indy talents.
eastbay510

Postby MikeBrownYo » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:16 pm

Hey,
It looks like this board isn't super active but I guess it's worth a shot. One of my friends may be unable to make it and as such I will likely have one extra front row ticket for night 1 of BOLA. If I HAVE to sell it, I will do so for face value and you can buy me a burrito if you really want, but mostly face value because scalpers are the worst.
That said, I'd rather trade it for one of the following:
2 General Admission tickets to night 1 OR night 2
1 GA ticket to night 1 AND 1 GA ticket to night 2
If you have extra standing room only tickets to either/both nights I am sure we could figure something out too.

I hope this isn't against the rules. I read all the new poster guidelines before writing this and I didn't see anything saying tickets can't be sold or traded.

Anyway, PM me and we can figure out the specifics.
MikeBrownYo

Postby MikeBrownYo » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:19 pm

Sorry for the double post. I can't find an edit button.

I just realized that my math was way off. For some reason I thought the GA and standing room tickets were both cheaper and priced differently. If you are interested, hit me up and we can crunch the numbers together and figure out a fair trade/offer. If anyone is interested in trading, I want to make sure it's of equal value on both sides. Again, because I'm not a dick with ears.
MikeBrownYo

Postby MikeBrownYo » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:43 pm

And now a triple post.

The aforementioned ticket is gone. Huge thanks to user Jamboree for a painless transaction.
MikeBrownYo

Postby ShadowMaster » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:22 am

I've been seeing people on twitter selling their tickets beyond face value , right now someone on craiglist is selling 4 Front row tickets for Night 2 for get this $800 that is insane.
ShadowMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum