Borat

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Borat

Postby CheMateo » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:58 am

I'm bored so I'm gonna make another movie related post. Borat. The movie that has alot of buzz. It has done very well at the box office even though 20th Century Fox didn't think it would.

Now I've seen the Ali G show, the show from which Borat got his "break" from. I enjoyed the tv show. As for the movie I felt it was a bit over rated. Don't get me wrong I didn't hate it but I didn't find it as funny as the critics did or as the whole theater did.

I saw it on the opening day and was surprised at how full the theater was considering it was a fairly early show. And the audience laughed constantly throughout the whole movie. I was just amused some what through the movie but didn't laugh at loud except for one part of the movie. It was when Borat caught Azmat jerking off to the Pamela Anderson book. And then the nude brawl and chase through the hotel happens. That was the only part I found funny.

Any other thoughts and opinions?
CheMateo

Postby Slappy » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:17 am

I havent seen it yet but I've always found Bruno funnier in the TV series.

I think after all the press Borat has got, the characters probably dead now. How can he lure people into speaking their mind, when everyone knows what he's trying to do.
Slappy

Postby SoCalAndy » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:17 am

I thought it was amazing. I hate Ali G, but Borat is awesome. The movie itself was very hilarious in my mind. I was pretty grossed out by some of the stuff in the movie, but things like the hotel fight, the AV scene with the drunk frat boys, the running of the Jew, and the scene with Borat at the Virgin Megastore in Orange made up for it big time.
SoCalAndy

Postby curbstomp » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:42 am

The Bed & Breakfast... "The Jews have transformed themselves!!! Give them money! More, more!"

I love the scene where he's "saved."

The running of the Jew was one of the best.

The rodeo was great too.
curbstomp

Postby CheMateo » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:11 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:I I was pretty grossed out by some of the stuff in the movie,

What stuff grossed you out?
CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:12 pm

curbstomp wrote:The rodeo was great too.

Oh yeah I forgot about the rodeo scene. Borat's conversation with that guy and then singing the Kazakh national anthem to the tune of the US was amusing.
CheMateo

Re: Borat

Postby Dangerous Robot » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:00 pm

CheMateo wrote:Any other thoughts and opinions?

I'm a big fan of Borat & Bruno (not so much Ali G) so I was stoked to see the movie. I was lucky enough to see it about a week before it opened and was pretty impressed. Even though it was dubbed in German (fucking weird) I thought it was hilarious. I didn't even mind that most of the gags in the film were obviously staged. Can't wait for the DVD. . .
Dangerous Robot

Postby evilpaz » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:53 pm

CheMateo wrote:

Really? Even I know the answer to this.

I really didn't like the movie, and the naked fight didn't really help matters. It was like they were trying to work random people, but you already knew it was a work cuz it was part of the movie.
evilpaz

Postby SoCalAndy » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:24 pm

CheMateo wrote:

The male nudity and Borat drinking out of a toilet. Plus the overweight black lady.

The male nudity during the fight scene was fine though, as it wasn't as disgusting as the scene with Borat's son.

Also, the part with the Jews doing another 9/11 was hilarious.
SoCalAndy

Postby CheMateo » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:48 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:The male nudity and Borat drinking out of a toilet. Plus the overweight black lady.

The male nudity during the fight scene was fine though, as it wasn't as disgusting as the scene with Borat's son.

Also, the part with the Jews doing another 9/11 was hilarious.

Sweet jesus I can't believe how much of the movie I've already forgotten. But yeah the prostitue was pretty bad. I'm surprised you didn't mention the bathroom scene at the southern dinner. I just remember that one and it grossed me out. Oh yeah and his son, that was pretty nasty too.

I don't recall him drinking toilet water, I thought he was splashing it on his face.
CheMateo

Return to General Discussion