Human Tornado over Petey Williams
Christopher Daniels Over Colt Cabana
Arrogance Over Kazarian/M-Dogg 20
Scorpio Sky Over Homicide
AJ Styles Over Rocky Romero
Ronin Over Arik Cannon
El Generico Over PAC
Joey Ryan Over Quicksilver
SD/B-Boy Over Davey/Strong, KOW and Shelley/Sabin to regain the Tag Team Titles when SD pinned Davey.

Joey Ryan Vs. Human Tornado announced for Dec. 2nd (nothing on that yet)

MOTN: Generico Vs. PAC. PAC got over HUGE, and really became a star tonight. CRAZY match. I have a feeling we'll be hearing more from PAC.

More thoughts later, just thought I'd share the results.
TigerDriver98

Postby Big Joe » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:40 pm

Ronin Over Arik Cannon

THATS ALL THAT MATTERS
Big Joe

Postby npdavis » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:42 pm

For the first time in a long time, I'm glad to see Ronin's name appear in the W column for his match. Cannon's garbage.

Of course Super Dragon & B-Boy were going to regain. But I love how this is defintely going to give us Super Dragon/Richards.
npdavis

Postby BMH55 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:46 pm

Generico Vs. PAC was right up there with Generico vs. Cima. Great stuff, thats why I watch wrestling, all the emotion and athleticism was amazing.

I enjoyed tonight a little more then Night 1, but it did start off slow. Kazarian/MD20 vs. Arrogancee was very good. I was a little dissapointed with Sky vs. Homicide. AJ vs. Rocky was solid.

The main event was second best of the night, one of my friends in my row pointed out how its amazing how many spots they had to remember in that match, it definetely had a lot of great spots.
BMH55

Postby Obnoxiouz » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:58 pm

Just Finished posting the pictures, go check em out
Obnoxiouz

Postby Htornado » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:58 pm

Pac vs. Generico was Insane. To me, it was just as good as the Generico-Cima match at BOLA. I really hope PAC comes back because I'd love to see him in a match agianst Jack Evans.
Htornado

Postby Obnoxiouz » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:03 pm

Ya, no doubt it was good. But the 100 Second Suplex was hilarious.
Obnoxiouz

Postby SignalsCorrupted » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:14 pm

I hope Dragon is alright.

El Generico vs. Pac was a whole lot of fun.

It was cool meeting some of you, though I can't say I remember any names - I was the guy in the army hoodie passing out streamers.
SignalsCorrupted

Postby Jamboree » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:16 pm

That Pac match was great. Match of the weekend for me. Hope he comes back very soon.

Can everybody tell how absolutely pissed off AJ was after his match?

Petey was fine in both of his matches. With that said though, I wouldn't mind never seeing him again.

What was up with Dragon during the main event? He seemed pretty loopy halfway through.

I was fully expecting The Briscoes appearing some way during the weekend, and that was kind of a disappointment for me.

And finally, where did the Kings Of Wrestling go after their match? I expected this whole speech from Claudio and a big standing ovation and the whole nine.

All in all, a fucking amazing weekend of wrestling. Thanks, PWG!
Jamboree

Postby Obnoxiouz » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:27 pm

I was sitting with the guy AJ yelled at. Shit was funny, ya can see ti in the pictures.
Obnoxiouz

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:36 pm

Jamboree wrote:I was fully expecting The Briscoes appearing some way during the weekend, and that was kind of a disappointment for me.

And finally, where did the Kings Of Wrestling go after their match? I expected this whole speech from Claudio and a big standing ovation and the whole nine.

Yeah, I really really wanted to see The Briscoes too. Who knows what (if anything) happened with them (no clue where they would have fit into the card either) But hopefully PWG has plans for them next month, like maybe against the KOW! (I know ROH has it booked for Dec 22nd, but I want it in PWG damn it)

I don't know if this is the last of Claudio in PWG. Hero has the Dec 2nd and 16th shows on his date list, maybe Claudio will appear with him on one of those. If so he could get a proper send off then. I think matches against the Briscoes or Shelley/Sabin would be musts.

Here's some poorly written show details and thoughts

- Crowd looked to be down from last night

- Tornado-Petey was fine. Afterward Petey hit THE MOVE on Tornado, and Joey ran in and reclaimed the belt.

- Cabana-Daniels: A pure comedy match. Not a bad one at that. But my favorite part was the Excalibur bit at the beginning. I'm forgetting what lead up to it, but I cracked up when Excalibur pointed to the back of his Guns N' Roses shirt and yelled "Axl was here"! Gotta love Axl.

- Arrogance-Frankie/M-Dogg was enjoyable and solid. Surprised it was Frankie who took the fall.

- Sky-Homicide: Sky enters dressed as a gangsta and cuts a funny promo on Homicide. Good enough match, but I honestly don't remember a whole lot from it. Sky steals one after the distraction of Jade Chung.

- AJ Vs. Romero was good, but I didn't think it touched their Reason for the season meeting. Good work from both of them here though. Afterward AJ completely snaps on a fan in the front row. What started that? Something about Jesus maybe? Wild guess but I'd bet the word "faggot" was used in some capacity.

- Ronin-Cannon was actually better than I thought it'd be. Worked well together... they even wore matching outfits! DVD of death finishes it for Ronin.

- Generico Vs. PAC: Amazing. Crowd was on fire for this. PAC actually surpassed my expectations (which were high to begin with). He was really smooth, and I didn't notice anything "botched" in either of his matches. After many very close near falls, Generico wins after the top rope brainbuster. "This is awesome" "Please Come Back" chants for this one were deafening after this one. One of the most fun PWG matches of the entire year. Match of the weekend for sure.

Hope to see PAC make the US Indy rounds soon. I don't think him Vs Jack Evans would be that great, but him teaming with or against Jack Evans would be something to see.

- Quicksilver-Joey was another one of those Joey title match rollercoaster rides. First Quick runs in from the crowd dressed as a fan in a replica Super Dragon mask. Then Joey removes Quicksilvers mask (he covered his face though), then Generico comes down and gives Quick one of his masks. THEN the Dynasty comes in (with Bosh dressed as Quicksilver) Joey tries to pin Bosh (ala Generico at Horror Business) but Patrick figures it out and bans the Dynasty from ring side. Then Tornado runs in from the crowd and gives Joey the "That Nigga Dead" Silver covers, but Patrick is still backstage with the Dynasty... he runs back and Joey barely kicks out at 2. A few minutes later, Joey finally finishes Quicksilver with a superkick into a chair.

Then Joey plays up only having to get past Dec 2nd show to pass one year as champ.

- 4-Way Tag: Dragon enters the ring with a freaking CHAINSAW (naturally clearing the ring) Hilarious. Match was excellent. As others have said, there was really too much to remember (100 count standing suplex from Claudio stands out though). All 4 teams got their stuff in. Very entertaining.

- Odd to see the tag title jump back and forth. But I knew it was coming since Strong has other bookings in Dec. Dragon-Davey interactions have been off the charts. Can't wait for their PWG singles match

- Crowd seemed a little disappointed when Excalibur announced the Human Tornado as Joey's Dec 2nd challenge (after giving a dramatic pause before mentioning him). Speaking of Excalibur, I thought he made a great ring announcer. Adding in the little facts and other stuff was a nice touch.

- I was impressed with all the debuting talent on the shows. Wouldn't mind seeing any of them back. I guess Tyler Black kinda got lost in the shuffle of the tag on Friday though.

- Overall, an outstanding weekend of wrestling overall, and for sure one to pick up on DVD when it's released.

- Speaking of DVDs, I finally got to pick up BOLA. Just quickly glanced at the menu screen. It's fantastic! Only the still picture of Strong really stands out. Still, best production I've ever seen on an Indy wrestling DVD (and most WWE DVDs)
TigerDriver98

Postby Obnoxiouz » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:45 pm

niiiiiiiiice, I haven't opened mine yet.
Obnoxiouz

Postby curbstomp » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:44 am

Jamboree wrote:What was up with Dragon during the main event? He seemed pretty loopy halfway through.

When Davey (I believe) was laying on the bottom rope, Dragon's went for a running dropkick to Davey's face. He hit it, but then his foot followed through into the ring post. This was right before B-Boy did his signature running dropkick into the corner. When Dragon got out of the ring he had a limp and was visibly pissed as he started throwing chairs before walking away.

TigerDriver98 wrote:I don't know if this is the last of Claudio in PWG. Hero has the Dec 2nd and 16th shows on his date list, maybe Claudio will appear with him on one of those. If so he could get a proper send off then. I think matches against the Briscoes or Shelley/Sabin would be musts.

After the show Claudio mentioned that he would be coming back in December. He has time before his developmental contract requires him elsewhere.
curbstomp

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:06 am

curbstomp wrote:
After the show Claudio mentioned that he would be coming back in December. He has time before his developmental contract requires him elsewhere.

That's really good news. As there wasn't much of an opportunity to give him a farewell tonight. Plus we may get those matches with the Briscoes or Shelley/Sabin now.
TigerDriver98

Postby Bushinyou » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:55 am

TigerDriver98 wrote:
Jamboree wrote:- AJ Vs. Romero was good, but I didn't think it touched their Reason for the season meeting. Good work from both of them here though. Afterward AJ completely snaps on a fan in the front row. What started that? Something about Jesus maybe? Wild guess but I'd bet the word "faggot" was used in some capacity.
Maybe it's because at any given PWG show, there's 3-12 fans who act like complete nutsacks, who try to get their stupid idiotic screaming/chants over more than anything going on in the ring.

It happened last night too.
Bushinyou

Postby Wreckless » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:53 am

awsome news to hear pac made a impression on pwg, it's about time he finally got some exposure over seas hope this is the first of many times he's in pwg
Wreckless

Postby Jamboree » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:50 am

Have they announced a venue for the next show?
Jamboree

Postby Htornado » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:17 am

I'm really glad they're giving Tornado another shot at the title. i think he deserves it. He's a good wrestler and is good on the mic.

- I don't think they anounced the location, so I'm assuming Reseda again, which is fine with me.
Htornado

Postby Jkeats » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:18 am

I had a blast all weekend. Great shows and the crowd energy was intense both nights (a little too intense in the cases of grey mustache from Friday and the camo-hatted dude who got AJ to take a nutty....ahhhh, the joys of indy wrestling).

I thought all of the wrestlers really busted ass and put on some great shows. Generico-PAC was amazing with really dramatic near falls. He seeemd genuinely touched by the reception he got.

I liked how the finish to Joey-Quicksilver teased on the finishes to the last two shows' title matches.
Jkeats

Postby Jkeats » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:39 am

Oh and I knew I had one more thing I forgot...

Wasn't Tornado banned from anymore title shots against Joey? Was there a ruling I missed or did I just have it incorrect?
Jkeats

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum