PWG Events In 2006

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG Events In 2006

Postby SoCalAndy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:55 pm

Credit: http://www.socaluncensored.com/events.htm

-January 21st Belltime: 7:00 PM Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC located at 1110 Bates Ave. in Los Angeles, CA

-February 4th Belltime: 7:00 PM Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC located at 1110 Bates Ave. in Los Angeles, CA

-PWG will be running in Germany on February 18th and England on February 19th. While these events aren't in SoCal, stay tuned to SCU for news and results for these shows.

-March 4th Belltime: 7:00 PM Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC located at 1110 Bates Ave. in Los Angeles, CA

-March 18th Belltime: 7:00 PM Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC located at 1110 Bates Ave. in Los Angeles, CA

-April 21st Belltime: 8:00 PM Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC located at 1110 Bates Ave. in Los Angeles, CA

-April 22nd Belltime: 7:00 PM Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC located at 1110 Bates Ave. in Los Angeles, CA

-May 6th Belltime: 8:00 PM Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC located at 1110 Bates Ave. in Los Angeles, CA

-May 20th Belltime: 8:00 PM Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC located at 1110 Bates Ave. in Los Angeles, CA

-June 3rd Belltime: 8:00 PM Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC located at 1110 Bates Ave. in Los Angeles, CA

-June 24th Belltime: 8:00 PM Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC located at 1110 Bates Ave. in Los Angeles, CA
SoCalAndy

Postby bill1985 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:34 pm

Sweet, a show on my 21st birthday. Too bad I live in Maryland.
bill1985

Re: PWG Events In 2006

Postby evilpaz » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:42 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:Credit: http://www.socaluncensored.com/events.htm

-April 21st Belltime: 8:00 PM Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC located at 1110 Bates Ave. in Los Angeles, CA

-April 22nd Belltime: 7:00 PM Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC located at 1110 Bates Ave. in Los Angeles, CA

I'm guessing BOLA II?
evilpaz

Postby Lord Akiyama » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:43 pm

Sweet. Gives me lots of planning time. Plus I got a friend in Calgery who so badly wants to attend a PWG and getting these dates ahead of time will surely give him some planning time if he ever gets vacation.
Lord Akiyama

Postby FallenDragon » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:30 pm

Credit: http://www.socaluncensored.com/events.htm

-June 24th Belltime: 8:00 PM Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC located at 1110 Bates Ave. in Los Angeles, CA

Nice Ill be there celebrating my 21st b-day!!!
FallenDragon

Re: PWG Events In 2006

Postby onlxn » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:39 am

Interesting. They've done a nice job of largely avoiding ROH and FIP dates, which greatly constrain their ability to get name guys. I don't think a lot of names is a must, as I love the more local-heavy shows just as much, but it's still nice to know the Shelleys and Evanses and Danielsons might be around from time to time.

There are no ROH or FIP shows scheduled for January 21st or February 4th. The European cards are already out, of course. No ROH or FIP on March 4th. So that's three straight So-Cal shows that could possibly have some of the top-tier ROH crew on them. There is an FIP show on 3/18, so that may be more of an "After-School Special" type PWG show. However, FIP is apparently going to start running more dates, some with mostly locals -- the fact that they haven't listed a specific venue for this date yet may indicate that they won't be flying many guys in.

The big variable is the weekend of April 21st and 22nd. It's so far away that obviously things could change on either end, but currently, PWG and FIP are running against each other. FIP doesn't use some top indy guys like Daniels and Styles, so they'd be available along with the Sabins and Peteys, but probably no Joe, Danielson, Colt, Shelley, Strong, etc. I believe this would be the first PWG double-shot ever where both nights conflicted with Gabe's Evil Empire.

Now, PWG doesn't need a million big names to run a great show -- they've made that very clear. But they have really spoiled us with these incredible double-shots, all of which have had a theme of some sort (BOLA, ASW1/2, Anniversary shows). If a lot of names are indeed going to be missing, would be weird to call it an All-Star Weekend or even another BOLA, considering the star power of the last one. So I'm guessing they have something else in mind.

I'm hoping for a tourney for a light heavyweight belt. There are a bunch of guys right now -- Quick, Perkin, Disco, Excalibur, Shelley when he's around -- who don't have much to do in the midcard. They'd form a great division to fight over a new belt. It'll have been a while since BOLA, the most recent tournament. And it'd be a fun opportunity to bring in some more random indy guys for a tourney: Chikara guys, the new IWA-MS guys, maybe even some more noted li'l fellas we haven't seen before like Jimmy Jacobs and Jay Lethal.

Probably won't happen. For all I know, the shows won't even end up conflicting. But it's fun to watch the PWG booking crew navigate their way around Gabe -- they do a great job of it.
onlxn

Postby Fanitude23 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:29 am

bill1985 wrote:Sweet, a show on my 21st birthday. Too bad I live in Maryland.

Yeah I feel for ya dude. I live in MD too and I wish I could get to Cali for a PWG show.
Fanitude23

Postby Psycho_Freak » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:32 pm

:D 2006 Is Gonna Be Awesome. 2005 Saw some amazing Events from PWG. Too Bad I Live in Kentucky :cry:
Psycho_Freak

Postby steven keen » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:34 pm

ok so if i calculate correctly, the first July event will be on the 7th? which, by the by is my birthday. that would be really cool to go to a PWG event for my birthday. if this is the case im gonna have to miss the Dodgers v. Giants game.
steven keen

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum