some questions about PWG

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

some questions about PWG

Postby PartsUnknown » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:28 pm

I'm a huge wrestling fan and have been for most my life. I live just north of San Diego and there isnt much wrestling around here. I've always wanted to go to a PWG show and I decided I will be going to Battle Of Los Angeles, but i have some important questions...

Are the shows family friendly? I dont care about violence, but is there anything else I should know about before going to one with a family member?

Do the shows sell out quickly? Should I go really early to get myself a ticket?

thanks.
PartsUnknown

Re: some questions about PWG

Postby shyboy13 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:13 am

PartsUnknown wrote:Are the shows family friendly? I dont care about violence, but is there anything else I should know about before going to one with a family member?

I would not bring a little girl but if you bring a boy it should be ok. Some fans bring their mothers so I guess that would not be a poblem unless you personally feel uncomfortable with that.

PartsUnknown wrote:Do the shows sell out quickly? Should I go really early to get myself a ticket?
thanks.

I cannot speak for the BOLA since it is shaping up to be a major event but the shows generally do not sell out. Worst case scenario is you sit in the 5th row by the hard cam instead of the 1st row. Also, be warned that the shows usually start about an hour later than advertised.

Have fun. Be warned that you might get addicted and become much worse off financially as well as socially.
shyboy13

Postby ozmania » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:15 am

I thought the advertised time was when doors opened, not bell time.
ozmania

Postby WannaB » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:18 pm

There are always unforseen events that slow the production of the shows. As a result, the door time is usually pushed back.

Regardless, the 2006 BOLA is going to be huge. People are flying in from Europe, Japan, and all parts of the country to see this show. Last year it was around 500 fans & the gym was packed solid. Some people had to stand.

Normally you could get to a show an hour before the scheduled door time and be guranteed a good seat... show up whenever & you'd still get a seat. BOLA however is another story. Get there at least 2 or 3 hours before the scheduled door time. I'd suggest that you come up early, and if no one's in line you could always go get something to eat and then come back. It's a show you don't want to miss, so whatever inconvenience you receieve as a result of the time you spend in line is well worth it.

In regards to Family friendly... some wrestlers can be vulgar. As shyboy said, a little girl wouldn't enjoy it very much. I saw a guy bring his 4 & 5 year old son & daughter with him one time. They didn't enjoy it very much so he took them home.

Another issue if you're bringing small children, is you need to be aware of the wrestlers at all times as they tend to dive into the crowd with only a moment's notice. So if you have kids, for their saftey I'd sit to the side & not center with the ring. Just for safety's sake.
WannaB

Postby eastcoastbias » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:40 pm

All of that is true. For the most part the crowd is friendly. It sure isn't a NY or Philly crowd. However you should be aware the the gym gets extremely hot & uncomfortable. Dress light and bring water.
eastcoastbias

Postby luca brasi » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:19 pm

Some of the wrestlers are VERY liberal with their language, talking about sucking cock, etc,. "fuck" is spoken pretty liberally as well on the mic.
That and the "pay attention the action can come your way any second" rule.
That and it's hot as hell in the JCC.
luca brasi

Postby woodmouse » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:41 pm

To clue you in on what kind of content goes down regularly at shows, one wrestler routinely brings out a blow-up sex doll know to the fans as "Tits McGee" and dry-humps it.

Hilarious stuff; for kids, not so much.
woodmouse

Re: some questions about PWG

Postby evilpaz » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:14 am

shyboy13 wrote:Have fun. Be warned that you might get addicted and become much worse off financially as well as socially.

Ain't that the fucking truth.
evilpaz

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum