PWG "Only Kings Understand Each Other"

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG "Only Kings Understand Each Other"

Postby El Asian » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:12 pm

Tickets went on sale, might as well make a topic discussing it or, most likely to happen, people can beg for extra tickets or even sell them, and maybe post results and possible updates as well, the card

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
Zack Sabre, Jr. (Champion) vs. "The Kentucky Gentleman" Chuck Taylor (Challenger)

Six-Person Tag Team Match
SuperKliq (Adam Cole, Matt Jackon, & Nick Jackson) vs. OI4k (Sami Callihan, Dave Crist, & Jake Crist)

Singles Match
Trevor Lee vs. Cody R

Tag Team Match
Unbreakable F'N Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin) vs. Jeff Cobb & Matthew Riddle

Singles Match
Rey Fénix vs. Trent?

Singles Match
"The Villain" Marty Scurll vs. Jay White

Singles Match
Ricochet vs. Lio Rush

And its just coincidence I make this topic right after tickets go on sale but yeah, hopefully crowd will be better than the last show at least.
El Asian

Re: PWG "Only Kings Understand Each Other"

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:03 pm

El Asian wrote:hopefully crowd will be better than the last show at least.

It won't be, pretty much none of the regulars got tickets this time.
eastbay510

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:18 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
El Asian wrote:hopefully crowd will be better than the last show at least.

It won't be, pretty much none of the regulars got tickets this time.

Tell me about it. First show in near 8 years I don't have a ticket for. I honestly can't believe how fast they sold out. Seems unreal.

On another note, show does look good. Hoping Chucky T pulls off the upset of the year.
Fsportsentertainment

Postby Dangerous Robot » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:28 am

First time in a decade I've missed getting tickets. Hit me up if you've got two or even One extra :mrgreen:
Dangerous Robot

Postby The Franchise13 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:07 pm

I'll throw my name in the hat too... If anybody has an extra ticket, PM me
The Franchise13

Postby El Asian » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:08 pm

So I know I keep bringing up about adding an 8th match to the card, while I do hope for a random tag match with a bunch of local guys making their PWG debut to showcase themselves but another match I would like to see added if possible, now that he is officially back, would involve Mark Haskins, probably taking on Penta El 0M, unless he's booked for something else day of this show.
El Asian

Postby Jack » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:12 am

Jay White! Lio Rush! Yay!
Jack

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Due to a family emergency I will be unable to attend the show :cry: Nothing serious, just an obligation I completely forget about

My loss is someone else's gain.. I have (3) General Admission Tickets available. If anyone is interested, shoot me a message on Instagram (username: dojo_bro) :cry:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:15 pm

The_Sharpshooter wrote:Due to a family emergency I will be unable to attend the show :cry: Nothing serious, just an obligation I completely forget about

My loss is someone else's gain.. I have (3) General Admission Tickets available. If anyone is interested, shoot me a message on Instagram (username: dojo_bro) :cry:

Tickets have been sold
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Jack » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Rey Fénix vs. Trent? will be a blast. Trent's recent work in New Japan with Rocky has been great.
Jack

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:08 pm

http://socaluncensored.com/2017/02/12/e ... destroyed/

So apparently the EWF ring which PWG uses is destroyed. Forst of all glad everyone is ok. But I wonder if this is gonna affect this show?
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:45 am

Gonna be tough to wrangle up a new ring that quick.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:24 pm

eastbay510 wrote:http://socaluncensored.com/2017/02/12/ewf-ring-truck-involved-in-accident-ring-and-equipment-destroyed/

So apparently the EWF ring which PWG uses is destroyed. Forst of all glad everyone is ok. But I wonder if this is gonna affect this show?

I was wondering myself but in the article, they explain they have 2 rings, so I would assume PWG would use the other ring just in case, still hope this works out for Jesse, maybe PWG can link the GoFundMe on Twitter and also have Excalibur announce they are taking donations before the show this Saturday to help Jesse.
El Asian

Postby Jack » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:52 pm

eastbay510 wrote:http://socaluncensored.com/2017/02/12/ewf-ring-truck-involved-in-accident-ring-and-equipment-destroyed/

This is very sad news. Hope they raise the funds to get a new ring. I'll definitely donate online!
Jack

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:44 pm

If they are taking donations at PWG I will definitely drop a $20
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:58 am

One major gripe I had last show that I'm not sure if I or anyone else brought up, is any time the wrestlers made any kind of sound, grunt, scream, whatever the crowd would imitate it. It was so fucking annoying, and was one of the worst things about the terrible crowd. It was so bad that a few of us at intermission were talking about how frustrating it was trying to enjoy the show with this shit going on.

I am praying that this crowd is better this time.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:52 am

So show happened, I thought it was great and from the reviews, seemed better than last show as well. Despite issues with the ring, as PWG had to use WPW's, ring instead of the usual EWF ring. I am disappointed Chuck didn't end up winning the title like everyone else but I am looking forward to see Scurll and Sabre as a heel duo. Obviously I feel Rush, White, and the Crist did well for their debut and we'll probably see them back. I do feel the Chosen Bros vs. Unbreakable Fuckin Machines was the best match of the night though. Also I really don't feel comfortable with the WPW ring used, hopefully the ring issues get worked out if there is a March 18 show though.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:37 pm

This was the best stand alone show (non-BOLA) in probally 2 years.here are my thoughts. Keep in mind I am watching the NBA all star game, and I'm tired as hell, so if it is all over the place I apologize.

-As much as I bitched about the crowd last show they were fantastic this time. No stupid chants, great energy.

-one complaint I had was the sound was really low, it was almost like entrances were non existent.

-show started with Cody/Trevor. Was not looking forward to this going in. It turned to a solid match.

-The ring broke during the opener and it took like a half hour to fix.

-Fenix vs Trent was probally hurt a little by the crowd. But once it got going it got real good. I thought this could have been one of the sleepers of the show, really good, but got a little overshadowed by the next few matches.

-Next we had the UFM vs Chosen Bros. This is where the crowd really came back from the long intermission. Riddle came out with the Progress Atlas Championship. Riddle and Cobb are over as hell. Second best match of the show for me. Lots of crazy strength,and considering the size of 3 of the competitors it was very impressive.

-Lio Rush vs Ricochet was my match of the night. Ricochet came out smiling, but after 2 slaps from Rush to start the match the serious tone was set. Rush had some killer strikes, great flying by both. Rush was the best of the debuts for me. %100 needs to be a regular. Huge standing ovation.

-After intermission we had Jay White vs Marty Scurll. White came out to Rock the Night by Europe which is an awesome theme, unfortunately it was really hard to hear. This was a lot slower paced than the previous 3 matches, but that is not a complaint at all. White is still finding his character, but he did pull out some nice comedy during this. This turned out to be a great match, and White had the second best debut of the night and got a nice standing ovation and a "please come back" chant after.

-Next we get the 6 man. I do not like Cole, I do not like Callihan, I do not like OI4K. I did not like this match at all. There were a few nice spots, but this was a mess. I definitely wasn't the only one who didn't like this, but the majority did. I guess OI4K will be back. Ok.

-Main event time. The crowd is firmly behind Chuck, who gets the streamer treatment. Boos for Zack, who is more than happy to play to them. Zack is wrestling heel here. I was super tired by this point to be honest, so I don't remember particular spots, bit this was really good. Crowd was pissed with the finish.

-After the match Marty comes out and he and Zack turn heel on Chuck. Trent to make the save and it looks like we have Best Friends vs heel LDRS coming up.

-Overall tremendous show, and you may love it more than I did depending on your view on the 6 man.
eastbay510

Postby OSKMIA » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:18 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Main event time. The crowd is firmly behind Chuck, who gets the streamer treatment. Boos for Zack, who is more than happy to play to them. Zack is wrestling heel here. I was super tired by this point to be honest, so I don't remember particular spots, bit this was really good. Crowd was pissed with the finish.

Wow that was quick... It wasn't even a year ago that people were treating SZJ like the second coming of Christ. lol What happened? I've been outta the loop for a while...
OSKMIA

Postby RatedRorayJames » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:30 pm

OSKMIA wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Main event time. The crowd is firmly behind Chuck, who gets the streamer treatment. Boos for Zack, who is more than happy to play to them. Zack is wrestling heel here. I was super tired by this point to be honest, so I don't remember particular spots, bit this was really good. Crowd was pissed with the finish.

Wow that was quick... It wasn't even a year ago that people were treating SZJ like the second coming of Christ. lol What happened? I've been outta the loop for a while...

I wasn't at the show but I would assume it was only boos because of how over Chuck Taylor was. The guy had a LOT of people pulling for him to win the strap.

---

Anyone that attended the event, did the Cody Rhodes-Trevor Lee problem get physical, or did Cody show any signs of aggravation?? Cody seemed to handle it pretty professionally, so I'm wonderinf if the crowd would have never guessed how upset he was.
RatedRorayJames

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum