BOLA 2016

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby OSKMIA » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:19 pm

I know it's a long shot but... Kurt Angle. :mrgreen:
OSKMIA

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:54 am

Looks like Tommy End may be WWE bound. He just quit wXw today, which has been his home promotion for quite a while now. Hopefully we see him at BOLA.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:48 am

Hopefully he fares better than Axel Tischer, another wXw guy. That guy's been in developmental for 2 years and has barely even appeared on TV.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:03 am

pwggrodd wrote:Hopefully he fares better than Axel Tischer, another wXw guy. That guy's been in developmental for 2 years and has barely even appeared on TV.

He will. He has more of a reputation than Tischer had. By the way I really like Tischer a lot. When he comes back to the indys I think he will do pretty well for himself.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:34 pm

I like the Axeman too. Good kicks, but his Liger Bomb is BRUTAL. I know this is a long shot, but Dick Togo announced today he's coming out of retirement. He's put in a PWG appearance before. I'd like to see him back again. He and Tanaka in BOLA would rule.
pwggrodd

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:23 pm

Looks like it is official Cody Rhodes is booked for BOLA. Tickets should be even more of a pain in the ass to get now.
ShadowMaster

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:26 pm

I honestly have always thought Rhodes was held back a bit in the WWE environment. BOLA gives him a hell of a chance to prove that.
pwggrodd

Postby OSKMIA » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:25 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Looks like it is official Cody Rhodes is booked for BOLA. Tickets should be even more of a pain in the ass to get now.

*Cough*biggervenue*Cough*
OSKMIA

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:48 am

OSKMIA wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:Looks like it is official Cody Rhodes is booked for BOLA. Tickets should be even more of a pain in the ass to get now.

True Story especially for this one. Tickets will sell out in 20 seconds if it stays at the Legion Hall with some fans selling tickets online for way more then face value once it sells out.
ShadowMaster

Postby El Asian » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:06 am

eastbay510 wrote:Looks like Tommy End may be WWE bound. He just quit wXw today, which has been his home promotion for quite a while now. Hopefully we see him at BOLA.

From the looks of it, Tommy End would most likely be finish his indie dates by August and then head to WWE, depending on End's medical testing goes, but he would miss BOLA though I guess he still be available for the anniversary show at least.

ShadowMaster wrote:
OSKMIA wrote:

True Story especially for this one. Tickets will sell out in 20 seconds if it stays at the Legion Hall with some fans selling tickets online for way more then face value once it sells out.

I say PWG should not even sell tickets for BOLA online and have everyone buy tickets at the door for BOLA
El Asian

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:48 am

100% agree with you El Asian on not selling the tickets online but to sell them at the door it would help eliminate fans over buying tickets for friends that later have to sell them cause they end up can't making the show. I had a discussion with some fans at Prince and we brought up the idea of selling tickets for the next PWG show at the current event like say you have the option to buy tickets for Anniversery when you were at Prince. Maybe they put your name on a list and use it for Will Call for the next show just an idea we were talking about to help solve the ticket problem.
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:15 pm

If they only sold at the door that would be stressful as fuck. Expecially those of us who have to travel from far away. Also I have to schedule shows around my work schedule, I know I am not the only one. Also Larry hates people hanging outside, shit, I would honestly camp out the night before. I see zero benefit in this, and it will never happen anyway.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:48 pm

WOW just saw the Cody reveal!

So cool :P
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:00 pm

King if Trios is Labor Day weekend, so if BOLA is too than no Candice and probally Gulak. And Tracy Williams will not be making his debut.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:42 am

After Dominion in a couple weeks Jay White heads to the US for his excursion. They dues is really good, kinda reminds me of a young Shane Haste. I would love to see him in BOLA
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:55 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:100% agree with you El Asian on not selling the tickets online but to sell them at the door it would help eliminate fans over buying tickets for friends that later have to sell them cause they end up can't making the show. I had a discussion with some fans at Prince and we brought up the idea of selling tickets for the next PWG show at the current event like say you have the option to buy tickets for Anniversery when you were at Prince. Maybe they put your name on a list and use it for Will Call for the next show just an idea we were talking about to help solve the ticket problem.
eastbay510 wrote:If they only sold at the door that would be stressful as fuck. Expecially those of us who have to travel from far away. Also I have to schedule shows around my work schedule, I know I am not the only one. Also Larry hates people hanging outside, shit, I would honestly camp out the night before. I see zero benefit in this, and it will never happen anyway.

Honestly, I was kinda joking about this though I do see both sides into this plus buying tickets online can also be just as stressful with the possibility of the site crashing and all though one idea is to buy a select number of tickets of BOLA at the next show could be one possibility for PWG to use.

eastbay510 wrote:King if Trios is Labor Day weekend, so if BOLA is too than no Candice and probally Gulak. And Tracy Williams will not be making his debut.

Damn it, I was hoping we get Mickie James in BOLA this year. But in all seriousness, I don't think there was any plans for them to be booked for BOLA anyways though who knows, they could always fly back and forth for PWG then to Chikara and then back to PWG, similar to when Strong and Sydal worked ROH last year during BOLA weekend but still was able to work BOLA anyways. Plus I say it be possible for wrestlers to end up choosing to work BOLA over King of Trios since more eyes are on BOLA anyways.

eastbay510 wrote:After Dominion in a couple weeks Jay White heads to the US for his excursion. They dues is really good, kinda reminds me of a young Shane Haste. I would love to see him in BOLA

Not a bad idea, be interesting to see what he has learned so far since being in Japan and could be something interesting, maybe pair him against Kamaitachi or something.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:22 pm

From Gabe Sapolsky's facebook regarding Matt Riddle:

"I'm going to peel back the curtain now. It's not something I'm a fan of doing, but I have to in order to convey how I feel about Matt Riddle.

When I heard about Matt in the Fall last year, I was intrigued because of his UFC background. We gave him a shot. I figured if he wasn't up to the level of EVOLVE, at the worst case scenario we give him a couple of weekends worth of wins and then have Timothy Thatcher beat him in an EVOLVE Title defense. I liked the idea of Thatcher getting credibility by beating the UFC guy that is undefeated.

He was booked very carefully in his first weekend. In fact, he was booked just about as carefully as we ever booked anyone. He was given two opponents proficient in mat wrestling/grappling in Jonathan Gresham and Chris Dickinson. The matches were kept very short with very few spots. The idea was just let them wrestle a little on the mat and go to the quick submission finish. Keep it simple and easy.

The next weekend we played it safe by putting Riddle against Drew Gulak and Tracy Williams, two highly skilled opponents he could train with before the weekend and work out two matches that were a little more complex, but still relatively short and simple.

This is how you protect a "green" talent in the booking.

Last weekend was the opposite of "protecting" a talent. Last weekend at EVOLVE 62 and EVOLVE 63, we put Matt Riddle against Cedric Alexander and Trevor Lee.

Alexander and Lee are two exciting, great talents who do a lot of stuff in their matches. My instructions were simple. Go out there for about 12-15 minutes and steal the show. That was it.

Matt Riddle, with less than 75 pro wrestling matches under his belt, went toe-to-toe with these two indie style standouts and matched them move-for-move. There was no protecting him. No keeping it simple. No safeguards.

There has never been anyone as good as Matt Riddle with as little experience as he has. Never. Ever.

We are all watching a special talent grow and develop before our eyes. We are on this ride together and it's only going to get more wild and exciting. I hope you are all enjoying it as much as I am.

Matt Riddle has arrived. A star is born.

There's no playing it safe anymore."
eastbay510

Postby Luchaundead » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:43 pm

Have as of yet not seen the Trevor match but if it's anything like the match with Ced then, yes Gabe is 100% correct. Riddle v Cedric is an easy MOTYC those two tore the house down. Riddle is the GOD of sub 10 min matches I can't imagine what he brings as he starts to work longer and longer matches
Luchaundead

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:52 am

I wonder who's gonna be in this year's BOLA less out of excitement and more out of genuine curiosity, in light of that fact that the WWE looks like it's going to clean out the indie scene in the next couple of months. Will there be anyone left to fill the damn brackets?!
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 am

pwggrodd wrote:I wonder who's gonna be in this year's BOLA less out of excitement and more out of genuine curiosity, in light of that fact that the WWE looks like it's going to clean out the indie scene in the next couple of months. Will there be anyone left to fill the damn brackets?!

Yea, with the brand expansion WWE will probably be calling up a bunch of NXT guys and they will need to sign new indy stars to fill up NXT. End just quit wXw, Moose and Strong's contracts with ROH are up this month I believe(anniversary show may be Strong's last show if rumors are true). Any of the CWC guys could be signed including Zack. Who knows who else they have their eyes on.

To be honest I want WWE to "raid" the indys. It is good for both the guys getting signed and the lower indy guys who will fill those spots in PWG ect. If WWE does sign guys this is gonna be a really intresting tournament(not that it wouldn't be anyway).
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum