ever a show that . . . .

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

ever a show that . . . .

Postby TheOutlawinLa » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:59 pm

the card didn't look good, but there was one match on it you really wanted to see, so you made the drive to see it live, or ordered the ppv ?

If so what match ?
TheOutlawinLa

Postby crazyfelix » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:40 pm

I'd have to say CAPW's show with Billy Gunn Vs Chris Hammerick, they put on a great match :)
crazyfelix

Re: ever a show that . . . .

Postby Lee » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:34 pm

TheOutlawinLa wrote:the card didn't look good, but there was one match on it you really wanted to see, so you made the drive to see it live, or ordered the ppv ?

If so what match ?

I used to sit in a car for two hours to see Kevin Steen wrestle at IWS. Only for that guy. It was around late 2003.. he faced PCO and El Generico in the moty, then he faced El Generico in probably the best match I've seen from those two(I've seen them wrestle at least 4 other times since), and then when he faced Eddy. Too bad none of that stuff will probably ever be released on dvd. That's when IWS had hot crowds.. now they're not as crazy.
Lee

Postby WannaB » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:11 pm

I think the WAR show that had Koslov/Low Ki on the card. That was pretty damn impressive; more so than the Davey/Low Ki match at the previous show.

I can't remember which of those shows had the Teddy Hart flip-out moment, but either way the Low Ki/Koslov match was the only reason I drove to La Habra. Sick exchange of chops and european uppercuts.
WannaB

Postby Big Joe » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:22 pm

Lee wrote:
TheOutlawinLa wrote:the card didn't look good, but there was one match on it you really wanted to see, so you made the drive to see it live, or ordered the ppv ?

If so what match ?

I used to sit in a car for two hours to see Kevin Steen wrestle at IWS. Only for that guy. It was around late 2003.. he faced PCO and El Generico in the moty, then he faced El Generico in probably the best match I've seen from those two(I've seen them wrestle at least 4 other times since), and then when he faced Eddy. Too bad none of that stuff will probably ever be released on dvd. That's when IWS had hot crowds.. now they're not as crazy.

I have the 3-way on DVD. Yay.

I went to ROH for Danielson-Aries that went 74 minutes and bored the hell out of me. Yeah, I'm kicking myself for that one.
Big Joe

Postby Lee » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:30 pm

Big Joe wrote:
Lee wrote:

If so what match ?

I have the 3-way on DVD. Yay.

I went to ROH for Danielson-Aries that went 74 minutes and bored the hell out of me. Yeah, I'm kicking myself for that one.

Oh right forgot about that dvd!
Lee

Postby JAG » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:40 pm

WannaB wrote:I think the WAR show that had Koslov/Low Ki on the card. That was pretty damn impressive; more so than the Davey/Low Ki match at the previous show.

I can't remember which of those shows had the Teddy Hart flip-out moment, but either way the Low Ki/Koslov match was the only reason I drove to La Habra. Sick exchange of chops and european uppercuts.

That was the first indy show I ever went to. I remembered Low Ki from his stint in TNA, but I had no idea who Koslov was. I was blown away by that match. That match got me hooked on indy wrestling and lead the way for me to find PWG.
JAG

Postby WannaB » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:35 pm

JAG wrote:
WannaB wrote:I think the WAR show that had Koslov/Low Ki on the card. That was pretty damn impressive; more so than the Davey/Low Ki match at the previous show.

That was the first indy show I ever went to. I remembered Low Ki from his stint in TNA, but I had no idea who Koslov was. I was blown away by that match. That match got me hooked on indy wrestling and lead the way for me to find PWG.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it happens for a lot of people. They see a show with some big name indy people that they recognize from TNA or something, and they go to the show & end up getting hooked by the local talent.

My friend kept on telling me years ago we should go see PWG because they had guys like Styles, Daniels, & Kazarian on the cards. I finally said sure, and then I was more drawn in by the locals than I was the TNA guys.
WannaB

Postby Evilguest » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:04 pm

If so what match ?

Hog Wild to see Benoit vs. Malenko
Evilguest

Postby Human Tornado Fan » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:02 am

a UWA show. It had Quack vs Claudio
Human Tornado Fan

Return to General Discussion