Mystery Vortex III: Rock and Shock the Nation on June 26

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Mystery Vortex III: Rock and Shock the Nation on June 26

Postby El Asian » Wed May 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Might as well talk about this in its own thread but yeah, a Mystery Vortex show, hope for some surprise returns and surprise debuts on here
El Asian

Re: Mystery Vortex III: Rock and Shock the Nation on June 26

Postby pwggrodd » Wed May 27, 2015 2:51 pm

I hope for a match like Mystery Vortex II's Everett/Lee/Alexander match. That would be great. Also, a possible return or two. And, this is probably unlikely, but maybe some kind of development regarding those tweets Busick made where he was calling out Super Dragon.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:49 pm

-Last Mystery Vortex Cole issued an open challange for the belt, mabey Roddy could do it too, that way you can give one of these new guys a shot. Speedball vs Strong anybody?

-I wonder how PWG will keep the Beaver Boys momentum going after their star making performances at DDT4. Imagine the heat they would get if they wrestled the Young Bucks.

-I would love to see a debut, but to be honest I wouldn't be too upset if we don't get one, we have gotten debuts on all three shows thus far this year(and yes, I'm counting End).
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu May 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Since Chris Hero is off yet another title shot loss, maybe now's the time to bring in his recent partner JT Dunn. Death By Elbows would be a really good addition to the tag scene.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Thu May 28, 2015 6:49 pm

Hero has had two great singles matches this year no reason to pair him with Chris Hero light.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Fri May 29, 2015 4:01 am

For one, JT Dunn using elbows doesn't make him Chris Hero light. For two, Hero never seems to wrestle more than one or two matches before he gets yet another title shot we all know he'll lose. Putting him in a team gets him the hell out of the title scene and gives him something to do that isn't a waste of time.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:56 am

pwggrodd wrote:For one, JT Dunn using elbows doesn't make him Chris Hero light.

But Dunn being paired as a tag partner with Hero kinda does.
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:02 am

Except not really? He does nothing Hero does other than elbows.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:38 am

Now that I think about it, if you're going to say that Dunn is Hero lite, then Hero is Mitsuharu Misawa lite.
pwggrodd

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:03 pm

Id be cool with Dunn being brought in, theres been plenty of debuts lately and it would be weird to bring in even more, but more guys are going to get signed to NXT, and have to deal with other contracts in other promotions, so bringing in as many guys as possible isnt a bad idea. Gresham, Thatcher, Rowe and Hanson are the next guys i would love to see in.
PWGnorthern

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:24 pm

Yeah, Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano, Biff Busick and Drew Gulak are all going to be at the next WWE tryout. And word is the WWE feels that NXT's roster is still a bit thin if they want to make it a regularly touring brand. If that's the case, they're going to be snatching up guys left and right for some time. I find that amusing considering NXT was supposed to be producing new stars for the company in house, and those guys keep falling farther and farther behind as they keep signing more and more veteran indie wrestlers. But hey, Gresham, Thatcher, and War Machine (provided of course, ROH would actually allow them to work for PWG) wouldn't be bad additions. I can think of plenty of others, too. I'm also hoping we haven't seen the last of AR Fox (I'd like to see the African-American Wolves as a more regular team), or Willie Mack (possible return at Mystery Vortex III or BOLA, anyone?)
pwggrodd

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:05 am

holy shit tickets are actually available!!
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby El Asian » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:23 am

pwggrodd wrote:Yeah, Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano, Biff Busick and Drew Gulak are all going to be at the next WWE tryout. And word is the WWE feels that NXT's roster is still a bit thin if they want to make it a regularly touring brand. If that's the case, they're going to be snatching up guys left and right for some time. I find that amusing considering NXT was supposed to be producing new stars for the company in house, and those guys keep falling farther and farther behind as they keep signing more and more veteran indie wrestlers. But hey, Gresham, Thatcher, and War Machine (provided of course, ROH would actually allow them to work for PWG) wouldn't be bad additions. I can think of plenty of others, too. I'm also hoping we haven't seen the last of AR Fox (I'd like to see the African-American Wolves as a more regular team), or Willie Mack (possible return at Mystery Vortex III or BOLA, anyone?)

I agree about bringing back Fox and Mack, I would like to see the return of some local guys as well like PPRay, Gatson, Thornstowe, and LTP. I have also heard Tomasso Ciampa was in that camp as well. There are tons of new guys I can see PWG bring in as well like those 4 you mentioned, not sure with War Machine though, but possibly bring in Tremont, Donst, Hooligans, Strickland, and Shynron as well. I still would like PWG to bring in some international names from NJPW, DG, and Mexico as well as Europe whenever possible though I really just want to see Shinsuke Nakamura in Reseda one day.

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:holy shit tickets are actually available!!

Probably sold out the most after you posted that
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:38 pm

A Shynron vs. AR Fox match in Reseda would be mind-blowing. SO. MANY. STUPID. DIVES. I might get flack for this, but I think Matt Tremont would be worth a shot in PWG. He reminds me a lot of the Necro Butcher, back when he was a regular in PWG. He's not a good wrestler, honestly, but an exciting one who can get the most out of his limited ability, brings something different to the table in the ring for PWG, and more importantly-he's charismatic as hell. Tremont seems to be loved just about anywhere he pops up. If he didn't work out, he'd never have to be booked again-but one shot wouldn't hurt.
pwggrodd

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:08 am

Iv'e never been a fan of Tremont mainly cause the reason you listed below and that he's not a good wrestler . Not good is putting it very lightly for Tremont all he is another no talent death match wrestler. I'm not gonna say that Necro is one of the top wrestlers in the world but at least in his good years he was a pretty solid wrestler who could tell a story in the ring. As for Mystery Vortex I do have a feeling that we will se Super Dragon appear and wrestle Biff , I mean could you imagine if that match opened the show . I think Strong is gonna end up putting the title on the line against Gargano. I
ShadowMaster

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:52 pm

Gargano's at the next WWE tryout, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. And if you liked the Necro Butcher, then I have no idea how you can't see the same things in Tremont. It's practically the same guy.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:00 am

pwggrodd wrote:I think Matt Tremont would be worth a shot in PWG. He reminds me a lot of the Necro Butcher, back when he was a regular in PWG. He's not a good wrestler, honestly, but an exciting one who can get the most out of his limited ability, brings something different to the table in the ring for PWG, and more importantly-he's charismatic as hell. Tremont seems to be loved just about anywhere he pops up. If he didn't work out, he'd never have to be booked again-but one shot wouldn't hurt.

PWG brings things out of wrestlers and I think Tremont could benefit from getting a shot. There would be unique match ups for sure. And like you said, one shot wouldn't hurt.
Garden State Saint

Postby The Franchise13 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:03 pm

Hoping & wondering....

If anybody has 2 extra Front Row Tix for sale, I am willing to buy them + pay a little extra. Send me a private message.
The Franchise13

Postby Dangerous Robot » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:06 am

I'm hoping to see Biff make his entrance, get in the ring, the lights go out and Super Dragon is standing in front of him when they come back on!
Dangerous Robot

Postby ShadowMaster » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:45 am

Dangerous Robot wrote:I'm hoping to see Biff make his entrance, get in the ring, the lights go out and Super Dragon is standing in front of him when they come back on!

Im 70% sure thats gonna happen . I was telling my buddy the other day wow could you imagine opening match Dragon vs Biff the fucking Legion Hall would explode and set a impact for the rest of the night . I do think that the title " Rock and Shock the Nation " is ment for Dragon but who knows maybe i'm thinking about it to much . One more week
ShadowMaster

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum