The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Thu May 01, 2014 6:50 am

The guys are "over" with the crowd cuz the crowd in Reseda cheers for everyone.
Seriously, when was the last time someone got booed?... Half the entire PWG crowd has changed drastically over the last few years. We have a lot of peeps who are relatively new to wrestling and either they know nothing or just what they've seen at a few shows. I remember 2 shows ago, some dude sitting nxt to me brought a few newbies and they had no clue what they were watching but they were cheering. Nese is cool, its Ciampa I do not like. He is boring and his character is just another bad ass "I can take your shit" type of character. Its annoying. We already have Kevin Steen and Mount Rushmore. I know some these guys might leave later to WWE but come on... And as for the local talent, I'm all for it. How do you expect them to improve and become the nxt big star like Kevin Steen and Adam Cole if they aren't even given a chance.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Thu May 01, 2014 7:42 am

No one gets booed?

Johnny Fucking Yuma.

Hahaha
abouttreefitty350

Postby eastbay510 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:08 pm

Gargano got booed at the last show when he and Kyle extanged punches O'Reilly got cheered and Gargano booed.

If the crowd is behind O'Reilly enough to boo Gargano I can't wait to hear the reaction for Cole.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu May 01, 2014 6:12 pm

That much booing could murder a man.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Tue May 06, 2014 8:42 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Actually, come to think of it-here's a crazy idea. Avalon's not going to have a partner for about six months or so while Rosas is out-why not have Ciampa be his muscle?

Crazy but I like this idea actually.

Also, going back to bringing in Ethan Page and Josh Alexander, it looks like their visa issues are resolved and they have been doing US indies it seems, so there's hope again.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:17 pm

El Asian wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:Actually, come to think of it-here's a crazy idea. Avalon's not going to have a partner for about six months or so while Rosas is out-why not have Ciampa be his muscle?

Crazy but I like this idea actually.

Also, going back to bringing in Ethan Page and Josh Alexander, it looks like their visa issues are resolved and they have been doing US indies it seems, so there's hope again.

I'm not so sure they are, when advertised on posters or whatnot instead of printing their real names they print #AllEgo and #WalkingWeapon and they don't put their faces, I'm not sure why but I believe it's because of their border issues (Someone help me out with this one). Also ROH who has expressed intrest in them hasn't used them sinc the incdent.

I'm a fan of both guys but I believe companies like AAW and AIW are just taking the risk by booking them.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Fri May 09, 2014 10:09 pm

I don't think visa issues work that way honestly, if they researched their faces, I'm sure they could research their hashtags to figure them out
El Asian

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Wed May 14, 2014 5:34 am

one person!! BINO GAMBINO. hahaha I want him just for the nostalgia for early pwg
DeadBlueBlazer

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat May 31, 2014 2:10 am

i've finally seen enough of busick and the new & improved gulak to say this, i don't see the point in bringing in both. one or the other would be cool but they're similar enough that we don't need both. i kind of feel the same when they have all 4 of swann, ach, fox and to a much lesser degree ricochet on one show. PWG to me feels kind of like it's going through a mild identity crisis, i don't want it to feel like a west coast EVOLVE/dgusa/FIP show and a ton of the guys suggested together would make it feel that way to me.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:40 pm

I got a question for my fellow CZW fans; What do you think about "Chainsaw" Joe Gacy? I always hear negitive things about the guy, but ever since I've really started to get into the company last December I've been really impressed with the guy.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:47 pm

He's horrible. I can't believe he's been wrestling for 10 years.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:23 pm

Agreed with that, no thanks on Joe Gacy, I rather see PWG bring in Pogo the Clown or Supreme from XPW over Joe Gacy.

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:i've finally seen enough of busick and the new & improved gulak to say this, i don't see the point in bringing in both. one or the other would be cool but they're similar enough that we don't need both. i kind of feel the same when they have all 4 of swann, ach, fox and to a much lesser degree ricochet on one show. PWG to me feels kind of like it's going through a mild identity crisis, i don't want it to feel like a west coast EVOLVE/dgusa/FIP show and a ton of the guys suggested together would make it feel that way to me.

I completely agree with this isue, it does feel like fans are asking too many guys with have suggested has given too much like EVOLVE, DGUSA, and FIP lately though the main difference is that PWG can release a DVD on schedule than those companies. But its understandable on the suggestions, I think both do deserve a chance in PWG especially when you consider guys can get injured and become unavailable, become unavailable due to being booked in Japan or something, or more and more people getting signed to the the WWE. Though personally, between Drew and Biff, I would prefer PWG bring in Drew over Biff. Though other DGUSA guys I would like to see, and ironically haven't been suggested in awhile either, the Bravado Brothers as they have gotten better lately but out of anyone PWG can bring that mainly works DGUSA, obviously it be Drew Gulak and Uhaa Nation.

I think one issue as well with all the suggestions here, I think its a bit unfortunate that with all the people being flown out, as great as they all are, it does leave off some local guys to get more notice in PWG though that could be an issue of not many local guys to note these days but. As suggested, PWG should bring back Chris Kadillak and Famous B plus I always felt PWG can bring back Lil' Cholo and Los Luchas to fill in the card when needed.

Plus of course not just bring back Bad Influence, Motor City Machine Guns, Paul London, Brian Kendrick or AJ Styles hopefully and my suggestion of Colt Cabana, Jay Lethal, and Christina Von Eerie but also I would like to see them bring back Jimmy Jacobs, Super Crazy, Karl Anderson, and even Harry Smith as well though like AJ, those last 2 could be an issue with schedules with NJPW while the other is usually busy working his time between Japan and Mexico.

Also, despite issues with ROH, there are good guys out there that PWG can bring in to balance balance the guys from DGUSA that PWG books, though personally, its just Tadarius Thomas, Bobby Fish, and Robert Evans (aka RD Evans in ROH and Archibald Peck in Chikara) especially since if you combine that, which PWG has been doing anyways, offer the matches between DGUSA and ROH guys since egos involving ROH and DGUSA in the past has prevented those type of matches except for PWG. Also my random thing where I like to see PWG bring in 2 Cold Scorpio because the guy can still work despite his age.

Also, speaking of NJPW, if PWG ever is able to bring in guys from NJPW one day, I would like it to be Shinsuke Nakamura and Tomohiro Ishii out of most of the NJPW roster though Kazuchika Okada, KUSHIDA, BUSHI, Yuji Nagata, and Hiroshi Tanahashi would be cool as well but most if they could bring in only a small limit, I think Ishii and Nakamura would be best. While Dragon Gate, besides bringing back anyone PWG has brought in the past from Dragon Gate, I would like to see the Millenials in PWG though hopefully issues between Dragon Gate and Dragon Gate USA isn't preventing PWG to work with Dragon Gate again.

Finally, one guy I would like to see PWG bring in soon but right now, he's under contract with the WWE but he is on his way out from the company anyways it seems, and no, I am not referring to CM Punk, instead, I am suggesting Curt Hawkins, which I know people will question but Hawkins has opened his own wrestling school, which is why he is probably done with WWE soon, and Hawkins has been a big supporter for PWG anyways if you ever checked his Twitter out, just put with Trent? and I think he'll impress a lot of people hopefully.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:22 pm

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:i've finally seen enough of busick and the new & improved gulak to say this, i don't see the point in bringing in both. one or the other would be cool but they're similar enough that we don't need both. i kind of feel the same when they have all 4 of swann, ach, fox and to a much lesser degree ricochet on one show. PWG to me feels kind of like it's going through a mild identity crisis, i don't want it to feel like a west coast EVOLVE/dgusa/FIP show and a ton of the guys suggested together would make it feel that way to me.

Man, that's actually a really good point, I can actually see Biff getting lumped together with Ciampa, Nese, and Elgin as an intense guy who dosen't have a ton of charisma and strikes really hard (Although I think he is better then Nese or Ciampa). I love both Gulak and Busick, but agree with El Asian, I think Gulak would stand out much more in PWG then Biff just because nobody else on the roster wrestles quite like him.

Also A lot of people have requested JT Dunn (myself included). But me personally if only one member of Juicy Product was brought in I would perfer David Starr (I would actually like them to be brought in as a team). He may not be as experienced as Dunn, but the dude reminds me so much of a young Kurt Angle, he has money written all over him.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:47 pm

DeadBlueBlazer wrote:one person!! BINO GAMBINO. hahaha I want him just for the nostalgia for early pwg

If you want nostalgia then discussion begins with Top Gun Talwar.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Is anyone intrested in seeing Curt Hawkins?
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:25 pm

I'd be more interested in Matt Sydal, since he's also a victim of this spring cleaning. That being said, Curt Hawkins seems like he could be like Trent? has been on the indies. So, yeah, sure, why not?
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:05 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I'd be more interested in Matt Sydal, since he's also a victim of this spring cleaning. That being said, Curt Hawkins seems like he could be like Trent? has been on the indies. So, yeah, sure, why not?

Mabey give him some to get acclimated to the style so he can make a better first impression then Trent did.
eastbay510

Postby OSKMIA » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:46 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Is anyone intrested in seeing Curt Hawkins?

Nope... But I'm definitely interested in seeing Matt Sydal back. His match with Shelley at BoLA 07 is still one of my favorite PWG matches of all time.
OSKMIA

Postby El Generico Mark » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:24 am

I really want Hawkins in, A match vs Trent? Would be amazing
El Generico Mark

Postby Itchypanda » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:47 pm

OSKMIA wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Is anyone intrested in seeing Curt Hawkins?

Nope... But I'm definitely interested in seeing Matt Sydal back. His match with Shelley at BoLA 07 is still one of my favorite PWG matches of all time.

Matt Sydal/Evan Bourne vs. Ricochet. Please make it happen PWG! Ricochet has grown to be one of the best right now. Sydal is itching (no pun intended with my name) to show what a mistake the Big E made by letting him go. These two elements would make this match explosive.
Itchypanda

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum