Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Just saw that Eddie Kingston had to replace Johnny Gargano in the JLIT on May 23rd due to PWG commitments, so we know he'll be on the show now.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:53 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Just saw that Eddie Kingston had to replace Johnny Gargano in the JLIT on May 23rd due to PWG commitments, so we know he'll be on the show now.

I didn't realize they were the same day, guess that means Buff Bagwell won't be making his PWG debut.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Actually going back to the conversation about bringing back Motor City Machine Guns, why not just bring them back for the next PWG show in May instead of Eleven? Sabin is done with TNA apparently and Shelley already doing other indies, might as well book them together as soon as possible even if the Young Bucks are doing another match but there are plenty of teams for PWG to use to put against them in their return in May plus them returning to PWG together would be fitting considering it was in PWG that they coined the name "Motor City Machine Guns" together.

eastbay510 wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:Just saw that Eddie Kingston had to replace Johnny Gargano in the JLIT on May 23rd due to PWG commitments, so we know he'll be on the show now.

I didn't realize they were the same day, guess that means Buff Bagwell won't be making his PWG debut.

Image
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:23 pm

I'd like to see the MCMG back for the May show, since it is PWG's 150th show. Seems like something special should happen to mark the occasion, right? I'd like to see how they'd hang with the Unbreakable Fuckin' Machines, The Best Friends, or the African-American Wolves. Especially the Machines, since that's an interesting styles clash.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby rohgenextfan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:20 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I'd like to see the MCMG back for the May show, since it is PWG's 150th show. Seems like something special should happen to mark the occasion, right? I'd like to see how they'd hang with the Unbreakable Fuckin' Machines, The Best Friends, or the African-American Wolves. Especially the Machines, since that's an interesting styles clash.


styles clash you say? dun dun dun!!!!
From Kurt RussellReunion 3:

Group of fans 1: "Naruki DOI!
Group of fans 2: "Willie MACK!!"
Group of fans 1: "Naruki DOI!!!"
Group of fans 2: "Willie MACK!!!!"
Fan behind me: "Rick KNOX!!!!!!!!!!"
rohgenextfan
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:43 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Itchypanda » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:29 pm

I am not sure if anyone saw the ad on Joey Ryan's public page but apparently, Joey Ryan will be the final indy opponent for Drake Younger in late April before Drake reports to NXT/WWE. I saw it briefly as I saw it through a friend's post (I didn't click "Like" on Joey Ryan's fan page...sorry). Any merit to this? Is the promoter just trying to sell more tickets? If it's true, it's sad we won't be able to say a proper goodbye to Drake.
User avatar
Itchypanda
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:22 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:07 am

I'm afraid it is true. Drake was supposed to finish up all his indie dates by the end of April and report to NXT in early May.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:09 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:Just saw that Eddie Kingston had to replace Johnny Gargano in the JLIT on May 23rd due to PWG commitments, so we know he'll be on the show now.

I didn't realize they were the same day, guess that means Buff Bagwell won't be making his PWG debut.

L O fucking L. Made my day!
Fsportsentertainment
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:34 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:30 pm

Fsportsentertainment wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:Just saw that Eddie Kingston had to replace Johnny Gargano in the JLIT on May 23rd due to PWG commitments, so we know he'll be on the show now.

I didn't realize they were the same day, guess that means Buff Bagwell won't be making his PWG debut.

L O fucking L. Made my day!

I can't believe AIW booked him, I didn't even know he is still around, haha.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Really sucks about Drake not able to have one more PWG appearance but that's happens when the dates don't match up though.

eastbay510 wrote:I can't believe AIW booked him, I didn't even know he is still around, haha.

He is mainly a gigolo now but I'll be honest, I am curious to see Buff Bagwell against guys like Danny Havoc or Eddie Kingston.

pwggrodd wrote:I'd like to see the MCMG back for the May show, since it is PWG's 150th show. Seems like something special should happen to mark the occasion, right? I'd like to see how they'd hang with the Unbreakable Fuckin' Machines, The Best Friends, or the African-American Wolves. Especially the Machines, since that's an interesting styles clash.

Agreed, Rich Swann and AR Fox don't have a match and team up every now and then, they are also good opponents against , also Candice and Joey as well though personally, I would like to see MCMG actually take on teams like RockNES Monsters or PPRay, question that all you want but it would be a nice way to elevate those teams or re-elevate RockNES anyways.
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:07 am

I agree with all of that. MCMG vs. Animal Kingdom sounds particularly good.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby ShadowMaster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Not to sound like a dick but it would be a waste to fly MCMG out to have them face RockNES or PPRay . MCMG v.s Inner City Machine Guns , The Young Bucks African American Wolves or somehow get SSB here now your talking . Also I finally got around to watch some Biff Busick match's and I will agree with others on here that he needs to get booked for PWG he would get over huge with his style .
ShadowMaster
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:44 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:12 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I can't believe AIW booked him, I didn't even know he is still around, haha.


There are bound to be a few older ladies there just wanting to see him/check his rates.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:22 am

ShadowMaster wrote:Not to sound like a dick but it would be a waste to fly MCMG out to have them face RockNES or PPRay . MCMG v.s Inner City Machine Guns , The Young Bucks African American Wolves or somehow get SSB here now your talking . Also I finally got around to watch some Biff Busick match's and I will agree with others on here that he needs to get booked for PWG he would get over huge with his style .


If the Guns are only going to be around for a few shows, then yea The Bucks & Inner-City should get the 'nod against MCMG... But if the Guns can stay around a little longer, a few matches against RockNES or PPRay would be awesome. Both RockNES and PPRay could use that type of competition to try an elevate their game. With our current selection of tag teams in PWG, its kinda hard to book RockNES & PPray any better than they are now due to the tough competition. Going into a match against any of the current teams, we automatically assume there gonna lose. A fresh match against a new team like the MCMG could be just what the doctor ordered. Even with a loss, its a great opportunity for RockNES or PPray to change our minds going foward into future shows.
The_Sharpshooter
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 pm

The_Sharpshooter wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:Not to sound like a dick but it would be a waste to fly MCMG out to have them face RockNES or PPRay . MCMG v.s Inner City Machine Guns , The Young Bucks African American Wolves or somehow get SSB here now your talking . Also I finally got around to watch some Biff Busick match's and I will agree with others on here that he needs to get booked for PWG he would get over huge with his style .


If the Guns are only going to be around for a few shows, then yea The Bucks & Inner-City should get the 'nod against MCMG... But if the Guns can stay around a little longer, a few matches against RockNES or PPRay would be awesome. Both RockNES and PPRay could use that type of competition to try an elevate their game. With our current selection of tag teams in PWG, its kinda hard to book RockNES & PPray any better than they are now due to the tough competition. Going into a match against any of the current teams, we automatically assume there gonna lose. A fresh match against a new team like the MCMG could be just what the doctor ordered. Even with a loss, its a great opportunity for RockNES or PPray to change our minds going foward into future shows.
After reading your comment I totally agree with you . MCMG being here for more than a few shows would make sense for them to face new local faces .
ShadowMaster
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:44 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:11 am

The_Sharpshooter wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:Not to sound like a dick but it would be a waste to fly MCMG out to have them face RockNES or PPRay . MCMG v.s Inner City Machine Guns , The Young Bucks African American Wolves or somehow get SSB here now your talking . Also I finally got around to watch some Biff Busick match's and I will agree with others on here that he needs to get booked for PWG he would get over huge with his style .


If the Guns are only going to be around for a few shows, then yea The Bucks & Inner-City should get the 'nod against MCMG... But if the Guns can stay around a little longer, a few matches against RockNES or PPRay would be awesome. Both RockNES and PPRay could use that type of competition to try an elevate their game. With our current selection of tag teams in PWG, its kinda hard to book RockNES & PPray any better than they are now due to the tough competition. Going into a match against any of the current teams, we automatically assume there gonna lose. A fresh match against a new team like the MCMG could be just what the doctor ordered. Even with a loss, its a great opportunity for RockNES or PPray to change our minds going foward into future shows.

Agreed, the Young Bucks themselves started out doing a bunch of matches with Los Luchas and The Dynasty but eventually got opportunities to run against guys like Speed Muscle and Age of the Fall to really show what they could be capable of though to be fair, RockNES did have a match against CIMA and Ricochet on the last Kurt Russellreunion as well as their matches with Super Smash Brothers and Future Shock just as those guys debut in PWG but RockNES fell off after DDT4 2012, hopefully a high profile match with a team like Motor City Machine Guns or even Bad Influence possibly could help them get more notice.

Speaking of Super Smash Brothers, probably might not mean much but Player Uno recently posted some videos about going to PAX East, might not seem much but considering that PAX East is in Boston, I would like to hope the Visa issues are working out though maybe attending to something like PAX East is a bit different than flying out and working indies.
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:17 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I can't believe AIW booked him, I didn't even know he is still around, haha.


There are bound to be a few older ladies there just wanting to see him/check his rates.

I'd hire him, not for the sex or anything (not that there's anything wrong with that). Just to hang out and potentially film a music montage to the "Let Me Tell You About My Best Friend" song. I'd put in shots of us skipping through a field, eating ice cream on a boardwalk, playing video games, the works.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby luca brasi » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:25 pm

don't expect to see PPRay (as a team) anytime soon... Ray Rosas went down to a knee injury and just recently had surgery (it was along time coming apparently)... he is expected to be out for at least 6 months
luca brasi
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:50 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Ah, damn. That's too bad. Guess Avalon's gonna have to stick to teaming with the RockNES Monsters as the Gay Boy Berserkers for now.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:50 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I can't believe AIW booked him, I didn't even know he is still around, haha.


There are bound to be a few older ladies there just wanting to see him/check his rates.

I'd hire him, not for the sex or anything (not that there's anything wrong with that). Just to hang out and potentially film a music montage to the "Let Me Tell You About My Best Friend" song. I'd put in shots of us skipping through a field, eating ice cream on a boardwalk, playing video games, the works.


If WCW had been around for another year then I'm pretty sure he would have been a world champ.

What does Top Gun Talwar do these days?
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests