No More Friday Shows!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: No More Friday Shows!

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:26 pm

bford24 wrote:Don't complain guys, at least you get great wrestling to see live. I used to attend every show when I lived out there and would love to have any decent wrestling to see where I am living. There is no perfect night so just continue to enjoy what you have the privilege of seeing.

Exactly. This shouldn't even be a topic.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby UGotJealousEyes » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:25 am

The_Sharpshooter wrote:
bford24 wrote:Don't complain guys, at least you get great wrestling to see live. I used to attend every show when I lived out there and would love to have any decent wrestling to see where I am living. There is no perfect night so just continue to enjoy what you have the privilege of seeing.

You realize Super Dragon responded before you and agreed that Saturday shows are the top choice of management right?

You're the only one bitching here. What's the point of a message board if people don't share ideas?
UGotJealousEyes

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:36 am

UGotJealousEyes wrote:
The_Sharpshooter wrote:

You realize Super Dragon responded before you and agreed that Saturday shows are the top choice of management right?

You're the only one bitching here. What's the point of a message board if people don't share ideas?

Dude, I'm all for ideas...but how is complaining about shows being on Fridays an idea?...
Its not. Its more of a statement (or as I mentioned before, "bitching"). I'm aware management prefers Saturdays, I mean who doesn't?... Common sense. Yet, knowing that isn't enough, so now we need a thread about some dude ranting? Well I'll rant myself then. Again, ideas are one thing... Straight up bitching cuz you feel your owed something is not.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby luca brasi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:00 am

for everyone bitching about the booking of Friday shows:
you are better off bitching at all the indy wrestlers who work for PWG and tell them to stop taking bookings from other compnaies on Saturday nights and start leaving all Saturdays open for PWG.
The reason PWG picks the dates they do is not out of choice or preference; it is all about the availability of wrestlers. Why do you think there is no April show? No one is available.
If the Bucks, Cole, Steen, Hero etc had a Friday or Saturday or Sunday open in April then we would probably have a Guerrilla show this month.
If PWG had to stick to Saturday shows, we probably wouldn't get a May show either.
If you're unhappy now...
also LOL REALLY LOUD at the fan who cried about traveling a long way to see the Bucks get a cheap win or Cole cheat.... wrestling fans I tell you
luca brasi

Postby CreedP » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:26 pm

My point was that, as great as the matches are, PWG is getting quite predictable. I can look at a card and predict who will win usually 6-7 of the 8 matches, and while that's fine if say Chris Hero always wins, it's a little less enjoyable to see 'foregone conclusion' matches, like say Bucks & Steen vs. 3 new dudes. Oh, the match will be awesome, but you know Mount Rushmore's going to win, so when Trevor goes for a pin, there's no thought of 'Could THIS be the end of the match?' :)

Same with Cole, he's beaten everyone credible, there's literally no one. Same thing, I watch the match with no attachment to the near pinfalls, because I know the match won't end until some cheap heel tactics happen, maybe a Panama Destroyer, Cole Wins.

But that's far from the original topic - myself and one other person started 2 different topics (originally) because Friday shows are more difficult to attend. Management says they'd rather do Saturday shows, but they do what they have to. Far as I'm concerned, that covers it, and anything else borders on being petty and potentially trolling, sadly.

CREED
CreedP

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum