Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:28 pm

So it looks like The Young Bucks may miss some time, Matt broke his hand in New Japan.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:27 am

eastbay510 wrote:So it looks like The Young Bucks may miss some time, Matt broke his hand in New Japan.

Malachi is waiting for the phone call to fill in!
Garden State Saint

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:08 pm

The Bucks & Steen are having a 6 Man tag in ROH.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:The Bucks & Steen are having a 6 Man tag in ROH.

Also Beyond Wrestling reciently released promos from both the Bucks and Steen where they basicly say they are too big for the company, and they won't be on the shows (I'm sure Beyond Wrestling would release those promos if they wouldn't apper).

Mabey I'm over thinking it, but it sounds like they may team there as well.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Really excited for the annoucement of the next card.

That moment when the matches drop on twitter, or you randomly check the site, and are greeted with graphics for the new show...

:mrgreen:
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:50 pm

I hear ya, man. Shouldn't be much longer really.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:05 am

toby80 wrote:Really excited for the annoucement of the next card.

That moment when the matches drop on twitter, or you randomly check the site, and are greeted with graphics for the new show...

We're not getting that this time around. There will be an impromptu Mystery Vortex show with very little notice so be ready.
Garden State Saint

Postby toby80 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:53 am

Garden State Saint wrote:

We're not getting that this time around. There will be an impromptu Mystery Vortex show with very little notice so be ready.

Ooo... has that been confirmed?
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:41 am

toby80 wrote:

No, that won't happen.
eastbay510

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:33 am

I'm guessing with Drake possibly missing the next show respectfully due to the birth of his daughter i'm wondering if PWG is waiting to announce the Main Event . If Drake can't go maybe Candice gets her non title match or maybe someone like Riccochet who has been on a tear gets a shot at Cole . Ciampa v.s ACH , Gargano v.s O'Reilly , Hero v.s Elgin , Steen v.s Strong , Young Bucks if healthy v.s Best Friends , just match's that could maybe happen I dunno i'm bored it's early and Sunday .
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:51 am

ShadowMaster wrote:I'm guessing with Drake possibly missing the next show respectfully due to the birth of his daughter i'm wondering if PWG is waiting to announce the Main Event . If Drake can't go maybe Candice gets her non title match or maybe someone like Riccochet who has been on a tear gets a shot at Cole . Ciampa v.s ACH , Gargano v.s O'Reilly , Hero v.s Elgin , Steen v.s Strong , Young Bucks if healthy v.s Best Friends , just match's that could maybe happen I dunno i'm bored it's early and Sunday .

If Matt misses the show then I don't see Cole/Candice happening just yet simply because I can't imagine a show without Drake or the Young Bucks and Candice getting a title shot (I love Candice, but I don't see her main eventing a show). I agree that Ricochet should get a title shot, he more then deserves it, and it would be a fresh match (possibly first time match?). Also I REALLY want to see O'Reilly/Gargano. Ciampa/Elgin has to happen at some point, I was at ROH last summer in Baltimore when they stole the show. If the Bucks miss the show I don't know what they will do for tag matches, it feels like all the teams have wrestled each other reciently.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:21 am

With Alex Shelley announcing that he will be touring indies again in between NJPW tours, and Roderick Strong in the market for a new tag partner, is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Back to 2011, baby!
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:10 am

eastbay510 wrote:
toby80 wrote:

No, that won't happen.

I can't believe that was taken seriously.
Garden State Saint

Postby toby80 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:19 pm

[/quote] I can't believe that was taken seriously.[/quote]

My bad lol. I'm not the sharpest tool in the box!
toby80

Postby toby80 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:21 pm

As proven by my inability to use the quote thingy correctly!
toby80

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:15 am

Only PWG has the strong fanbase to wait pretty much 3 weeks before the show to announce the card . Any other small town Indy promotion could never pull that card .
ShadowMaster

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:31 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Only PWG has the strong fanbase to wait pretty much 3 weeks before the show to announce the card . Any other small town Indy promotion could never pull that card .

Did you just call PWG a small town indy?
Garden State Saint

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:24 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Only PWG has the strong fanbase to wait pretty much 3 weeks before the show to announce the card . Any other small town Indy promotion could never pull that card .

Did you just call PWG a small town indy?

No Not at all , I ment a a small time Indy company doesn't have the leverage that PWG has cause there so big . A small time company couldn't announce a card 3 weeks prior to a show and expect a decent crowd . PWG on the other hand can , sorry for the confusion .
ShadowMaster

Postby rohgenextfan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:00 am

I can't believe that was taken seriously.

You have clout!! :P :wink: :lol:
rohgenextfan

Postby rohgenextfan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:07 am

eastbay510 wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:I'm guessing with Drake possibly missing the next show respectfully due to the birth of his daughter i'm wondering if PWG is waiting to announce the Main Event . If Drake can't go maybe Candice gets her non title match or maybe someone like Riccochet who has been on a tear gets a shot at Cole . Ciampa v.s ACH , Gargano v.s O'Reilly , Hero v.s Elgin , Steen v.s Strong , Young Bucks if healthy v.s Best Friends , just match's that could maybe happen I dunno i'm bored it's early and Sunday .

If Matt misses the show then I don't see Cole/Candice happening just yet simply because I can't imagine a show without Drake or the Young Bucks and Candice getting a title shot (I love Candice, but I don't see her main eventing a show). I agree that Ricochet should get a title shot, he more then deserves it, and it would be a fresh match (possibly first time match?). Also I REALLY want to see O'Reilly/Gargano. Ciampa/Elgin has to happen at some point, I was at ROH last summer in Baltimore when they stole the show. If the Bucks miss the show I don't know what they will do for tag matches, it feels like all the teams have wrestled each other reciently.

I do think Candice could main event, and challenge for the belt. If PWG can book the show in a manner that makes the crowd hot, and chomping at the bits to watch Adam Cole lose the belt and get his ass kicked, then we would be in for a special main event. No, Candice won't win. But, watching her try and get closer and closer to winning the belt would be amazing. And, come on! She deserves it! All other wrestlers can wrestle in the main event at any time. But, Candice may not get that chance again, and she works her ass off every show.

As for the tag matches, if PWG books Cole in a match then Steen can fill in for Matt.
rohgenextfan

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum