Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:50 am

Oops, meant 30.
pwggrodd

Postby OSKMIA » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:03 pm

El Asian wrote:Anyways, I've done the math and this year will be the 10th BOLA this year, though I'm sure it'll be 2 nights like always but I really would love for the 10th BOLA to return to the 24 person (keyword: I said person and not men, hint hint) and 3 nights instead this year

I loved the 3 day BoLAs! The fact that they could put 24 of the best wrestlers from around the world... blows my mind. I remember how we used to do BoLA wish list picks on this board months in advance to see if a person's picks got booked. Hell, I'm still hoping we get Mike Quackenbush and Kota Ibushi. :mrgreen:
OSKMIA

Postby toby80 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:44 am

So I'm guessing it's likely we'll see Adam Cole vs. Drake Younger and The Young Bucks vs. Best Friends at the next show.

What other matches would you guys like to see?

Here's a random card I've put together...

Adam Cole vs. Drake Younger (PWG World Title - Steel Cage Match)

The Young Bucks vs. Best Friends (PWG World Tag Team Title)

Kevin Steen vs. Joey Ryan and Candice LeRae (Handicap Match)

Chris Hero vs. Michael Elgin

Ricochet vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Johnny Gargano vs. Rich Swann

Tommaso Ciampa vs. Roderick Strong

Brian Cage vs. Adam Thornstowe

The African-American Wolves vs. The RockNES Monsters vs. PPRay vs. The Realist N****s In Wrestling
toby80

Postby El Generico Mark » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:02 am

Let's call the next card "Drake x3" cause we know how it's ending!
El Generico Mark

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:27 pm

OSKMIA wrote:
El Asian wrote:Anyways, I've done the math and this year will be the 10th BOLA this year, though I'm sure it'll be 2 nights like always but I really would love for the 10th BOLA to return to the 24 person (keyword: I said person and not men, hint hint) and 3 nights instead this year

I loved the 3 day BoLAs! The fact that they could put 24 of the best wrestlers from around the world... blows my mind. I remember how we used to do BoLA wish list picks on this board months in advance to see if a person's picks got booked. Hell, I'm still hoping we get Mike Quackenbush and Kota Ibushi. :mrgreen:

And PWG can probably have no problem finding at 24 wrestlers to compete, Kota Ibushi would be great though that depends with his schedule these days but I say he be a bit more realistic than Mike Quackenbush, then again, at this rate, CM Punk probably has a better chance returning to PWG than Mike Quackenbush
El Asian

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:25 am

did anybody else recognize that little dude with glasses, i don't know his name but i swear i saw him in a few episodes of workaholics and a movie i watched not too long ago.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:35 am

El Asian wrote:
OSKMIA wrote:

And PWG can probably have no problem finding at 24 wrestlers to compete, Kota Ibushi would be great though that depends with his schedule these days but I say he be a bit more realistic than Mike Quackenbush, then again, at this rate, CM Punk probably has a better chance returning to PWG than Mike Quackenbush

To me 3 days of wrestling is just overkill even for PWG standards . I'm just speaking for myself but after the last 2 All Star Weekends noway could I have have the energy to drive an hour out to the Valley on a Sunday after two insane nights of PWG . I play ice hockey on the weekends and if there's a PWG show on a Friday i'm not going to practice on Saturday morning after a night of PWG my body feels like wreck but a good wreck like you fell rewarded after that long fun night of PWG Wrestling .
ShadowMaster

Postby toby80 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:17 am

So do you guys think Drake will challenge for the belt at the next show, or will Candice get a shot first?
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:56 pm

toby80 wrote:So do you guys think Drake will challenge for the belt at the next show, or will Candice get a shot first?

I hope not, I want to see it at the anniversary show, which would make sense considering Drake made his debut at the anniversary show two years ago. If they delay it till then they could build it up a little more, and give Cole have one or two matches as champ before losing the title.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Speaking of when Drake should take the shot, I think it's worth noting that the show after the next show is PWG's 150th show. Considering that 99 and 100 were big shows at the time, I wonder if 150 will also be one. That might be the time for the Drake/Cole match. Maybe we'll get some debuts, some returns-who knows?
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:28 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Speaking of when Drake should take the shot, I think it's worth noting that the show after the next show is PWG's 150th show. Considering that 99 and 100 were big shows at the time, I wonder if 150 will also be one. That might be the time for the Drake/Cole match. Maybe we'll get some debuts, some returns-who knows?

Mabey make it a two night thing? Mabey have Candice vs Cole on night one and Cole vs Drake on night two. How bout Gulak or Busick debuts?
eastbay510

Postby CreedP » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:05 am

Here's a random bit for you.. the newest Botchamania (I think!) #242:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1aswr7_botchamania-242_sport

Starts with Chris Hero's return to PWG. I'm completely sure that's what it is. Because I'm standing right next to Hero when they turn the camera! :D

The rest is pretty amusing too...

CREED
CreedP

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:46 am

Sounds alright to me eastbay510. Uhaa Nation too. Probably dreaming, but I'd love for Omega or Tozawa to show up.
pwggrodd

Postby toby80 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:12 pm

Hey guys have any of you guys seen this amazing Best Friends/Trench Coat Design by @PlainestErwin on Twitter?

pic.twitter.com/Ok67OFI0og

Hope the link works. I'm rubbish at that kinda thing.

If not, I strongly recommend checking out his page :mrgreen:
toby80

Postby OSKMIA » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:57 pm

I really really want to see Johnny Gargano vs Kota Ibushi in PWG... my god just think about the counters and reversals! :shock: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this match has ever happened.
OSKMIA

Postby toby80 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:27 pm

OSKMIA wrote:I really really want to see Johnny Gargano vs Kota Ibushi in PWG... my god just think about the counters and reversals! :shock: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this match has ever happened.

No I don't think that it has. It would be pretty damn sweet though. And Gargano is particularly good at reversals huh.
toby80

Postby toby80 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:29 pm

toby80 wrote:Hey guys have any of you guys seen this amazing Best Friends/Trench Coat Design by @PlainestErwin on Twitter?

pic.twitter.com/Ok67OFI0og

Hope the link works. I'm rubbish at that kinda thing.

If not, I strongly recommend checking out his page :mrgreen:

Apologies for overuse of the word 'guys' there lol. Sure do wish we could edit our posts.
toby80

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:07 pm

eastbay510 wrote:How bout Gulak or Busick debuts?

I'm a big Gulak fan but I'd be surprised to see him in PWG in 2014.
Garden State Saint

Postby OSKMIA » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:36 pm

No love for Orange Cassidy? I think the dude is hilarious... I find his whole drunk gimmick is funny as hell.
OSKMIA

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:26 pm

OSKMIA wrote:No love for Orange Cassidy? I think the dude is hilarious... I find his whole drunk gimmick is funny as hell.

I like him better as Fire Ant, but I think both Gulak (Soilder), and Green Ant have become better then Cassidy at this point.
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum