All Star Weekend X on December 20 & 21!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: All Star Weekend X on December 20 & 21!

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:08 pm

camstun187 wrote:And naturally, no one posts the results anymore, or impressions, or anything.

This actually earned a "Ha!" from me.
Garden State Saint

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Spoiler: show
*The how opens with Excalibur doing his opening promo. Mount Rushmore (Kevin Steen, Young Bucks, and Adam Cole) interrupt him. They cut a promo but Chris Hero comes in and hits the roaring elbow to everyone but Cole. Hero demands his match with Cole starts now but Cole runs to the back.

*Brian Cage pins Anthony Nese with a tornado lariat. Great opening bout with some insane spots.

*Joey Ryan & Candice LaRae defeated RockNES Monsters after Ryan hit Johnny Goodtime with a super kick and LaRae landed a moonsault for the pin. Great athletic match. LaRae was great and can hang with the boys.

*Drake Younger pinned Tommaso Ciampo with a roll up. Awesome match! A lot of crazy plunder with some of the action taking place outside the ring. Great showing by both guys.

*Johnny Gargano made Davey Richards tap out with an STF. Outstanding wrestling match! Best match of the night from a pure wrestling stand point. Some insane counters and false finishes. After the match, Richards said this was his last weekend with PWG before going to Orlando. He put over Gargano and PWG. Very nice speech for a guy who deserves all the respect.

*Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent?) defeated Dojo Bros (Roderick Strong & Eddie Edwards) when Taylor drop kicked Edwards into a sunset flip power bomb from Tent? After the match all four men hugged it out. Fantastic tag team match. All of the matches can make a great argument for match of the night. A lot of comedy in this match, especially from the Best Friends.

*Michael Elgin pinned ACH after a spinning sit down power bomb. Both men did great combining the fast athletic ability of ACH and the strong hard hitting style of Elgin.

*Kevin Steen and the Young Bucks defeated AR Fox, Rich Swann, and Ricochet after Steen hit a package pile duvet on Swann and the Bucks hit a spike tombstone on Swann. Unbelievable match! So many insane spots I'm glad i wasn't doing play by play. Steen came out wearing full blown Bucks gear.

*PWG Champion Adam Cole pinned Chris Hero with a front flip pile driver in a fantastic main event. After the match Hero said he felt disappointed with this match. Someone in the crowd yelled "f--k Norman Smiley." Hero said Norman Smiley is the greatest man ever and that led to a Norman Smiley chant. That's it from Reseda!
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/ ... krsZTK1.99
Garden State Saint

Postby stormcradledriver » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:45 pm

Nearly every match was a Match of the Night at some point. Show sounds incredible.
stormcradledriver

Postby camstun187 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
camstun187 wrote:And naturally, no one posts the results anymore, or impressions, or anything.

What? It's true.

Fucking GAMEFAQS had the same exact results up about 16 hours ago. I used to come here and expect a bunch of impressions by this time after a show.
camstun187

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:34 am

camstun187 wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:

What? It's true.

Fucking GAMEFAQS had the same exact results up about 16 hours ago. I used to come here and expect a bunch of impressions by this time after a show.

Poor thing, sitting at home all alone,
eagerly anticipating the results. :lol:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby the.devil.himself » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:18 pm

since nobody's throwing their 2 cents in.. i guess i will..

great night for wrestling..
i liked night 2 better overall..

here's the breakdown:

night 1..

brian cage vs anthony nese: *** 1/2
good opening match.. better than their last encounter.. don't remember how brian cage won..

thomaso ciampa vs frake younger: ***
this was more of a fight.. didn't get to see much of it.. but the action in the ring was good.. don't remember how drake won..

joey ryan and candice lerae vs rocknes monsters: ****
great match.. lots of good spots.. i'm beginning to be a fan of rocknes monsters again.. candice was the star of this match..

davey richards vs johnny gargano: ***3/4
great match but didn't quite hit the 4 star level for me.. maybe because i was distracted by one of the fans who fainted.. but the finish of this was awesome.. lots of counters until johnny finally caught davey with some stf/gargano escape combo which made davey tap.. davey cut a promo after..

best friends vs dojo bros: ****
another awesome match.. i'm really high on best friends.. they're gold in the ring.. lots of comedy and action from both teams.. this is one of my favorite matches of the weekend.. the introduction was awesome.. i don't remember who won.. i'll buy the dvd just for this match alone..

michael elgin vs ach: ***1/4
pretty decent match but it didn't do much for me to be honest.. some may like this more than i.. i was kinda expecting more from these guys.. still good though..

young bucks & kevin steen vs inner city machine guns: *****
holy fucking shit!! this was not only my match of the weekend, but also my match of the year.. if you thought the 6 man from asw 9 night 2 can't be topped, you need to see this!! and steen wearing young bucks gear made it even better.. great showing from all 6 men.. i'm very fortunate i got to see this live!! five fucking stars!!

adam cole vs chris hero: ****

started slow but picked up in the end.. good drama with mount rushmore interferring the match.. adam cole retains.. hero cut a promo after..

that's it from night 1..
the.devil.himself

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Got back home a couple hours ago, I'm tired as shit but well worth it, what a great weekend. I'm not gonna give you the results, but I will give some bullet points... This might be all over the place.

-First and foremost that shishing is annoying as fuck, and really disrespectfull, that needs to stop.

-Alcohol levels were at an all time high on friday, one guy got kicked out, and another fell asleep in the front (he will probally be on Steen's weekend escapades).

-Most people said the Inner City/Rushmore was the match of the night on night 1, and it was fantastic, but to me Hero/Cole was match of the night, great story telling, great drama. Tremendous.

-Hero said he wasn't happy with his match with Cole and said it wasn't up to PWG standards. I'm glad he has that mentality, but it was.

-Cole looked very strong this weekend, I hope he holds on the title for at least 6 more months.

-Best Friends looked great as well, I can see them challanging the Bucks in the near future.

-Nese really needs to start showing some personality.

-After Hero/ACH on night 2
Steen piledrove ACH, looks like they will more then likely be feuding

-When Steen came out for the 6 person on night 2 he broke a Christmas decoration and Legion Larry flipped out. It was a really uncomfortable moment, I firmly believe he was legit trying to fight him, Joey had to calm him down. It really took me out of the match for the first few miniutes.

-The second half of night 2 was great, Fox/Swann vs Dojo Bros. and Davey/Ricochet were incredible but...
AR Fox was way late breaking up a pinfall, which resulting in the ref counting three, they restarted the match.

-Davey was crying before his match, and the sendoff he and was Eddie got was really something special, right up there with Generico's sendoff. Props to the crowd, I didn't hear any stupid shit being yelled during the sendoff.
eastbay510

Postby the.devil.himself » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:53 pm

here's my impression on night 2..

rocknes monsters vs realest n- in professional wrestling vs ppray: ****
super fun opener.. these guys know tag team wrestling!! i hope all 3 teams are in next year's ddt4.. lots of comedy and fast paced tag team action.. i wouldn't mind seeing any of these teams be the next tag champs.. rocknes monsters won don't remember how..

tommaso ciampa vs anthony nese: ***1/2
great back and forth action with ciampa coming out on top..

best friends vs unbreakable fucking machines: ****
another fantastic showing from best friends!! they actually won which was a shocker considering who their opponents are.. i love best friends.. tag team wrestling in pwg is where it's at!! can't wait for ddt4!!

chris hero vs ach: ***1/2
i felt like this was similar to ach's match with steen.. kinda one sided with lots of offense from hero.. ach took one hell of a beating..

dojo bros vs ar fox and rich swann: ****1/2
another great tag team match!! i never get tired of these guys..lots of stiffness from dojo bros and high flying from fox and swann.. dojo bros won with their finishing move.. edwards cut a promo after.. said that pwg's is the funnest place to wrestle in..

ricochet vs davey richards: ***3/4
was expecting a lot from this match but didn't quite live up to it.. i guess it's my fault for expecting a 5 star match.. still great though.. 2 of my favorite wrestlers going at it had a big time feel to it.. good last match for davey.. ricochet won with a 630.. davey cut a promo after and the locker room came out to give him a send off.. pretty emotional just like generico's farewell..

joey ryan, candice lerae, & drake younger vs kevin steen and young bucks: ****
lots of action outside the ring.. some crazy dives too.. young bucks are the best tag team in the world no doubt.. younger pins steen with a roll up.. another great match..

adam cole vs johnny gargano: ****
better that the previous night's main event.. good back and forth wrestling match with bith men countering each other multiple times.. mount rushmore tried to interfere but was stopped by the pwg faces.. awesome finish that saw gargano no selling the canadian destroyer(i lost it at this point).. cole won with 2 arm capture german suplexes.. good shit.. gargano cut a promo after..

excalibur came out and thanked everyone in attendance..

next event is on january 31st.. i hope it's the ddt4!!

and that's it for night 2.. great weekend of wrestling.. i don't remember much from these matches but they're all good to great.. will definitely buy the dvd's..
the.devil.himself

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Way to many drunk fans on Night 2 it's like they purposely try to put all the attention on themselves .
ShadowMaster

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:24 pm

the.devil.himself wrote:thomaso ciampa vs frake younger

I like the spelling of both of these names.
Garden State Saint

Postby rohgenextfan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:16 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Way to many drunk fans on Night 2 it's like they purposely try to put all the attention on themselves .

Well, that is what happens when alcohol is served at a venue. PWG could ban the purchase of alcohol during their shows but people will complain, so that's not going to happen. I think it might be something fans just have to accept. The drunk fans interrupted the Scorpio Sky vs TJ Perkins match back at World's Finest as well.
rohgenextfan

Postby JAG » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:15 pm

rohgenextfan wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:Way to many drunk fans on Night 2 it's like they purposely try to put all the attention on themselves .

Well, that is what happens when alcohol is served at a venue. PWG could ban the purchase of alcohol during their shows but people will complain, so that's not going to happen. I think it might be something fans just have to accept. The drunk fans interrupted the Scorpio Sky vs TJ Perkins match back at World's Finest as well.

My random thoughts from Night Two:

I must have been lucky to sit in the sober/drank responsibly section. This was one of the first shows in a long time I did not have an annoying drunk near me. That or annoying drunk are something I've come to expect and accept.

Personally, when the Main Event is not starting til past midnight I get drained from the exciting matches leading up to the Main Event. This was not the case. All the matches seemed to be as action packed and as long as possible without overstaying their welcome.

Dojo Bros v AR Fox & Rich Swann was my favorite match of the night

Can not wait to see where Mount Rushmore goes from here as I love faction warfare in PWG
JAG

Postby Itchypanda » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:53 pm

When all of the shhhhh-ing was happening, I chose to imagine that Legion Larry was fighting an army of snakes...and was losing.
Itchypanda

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Wasn't able to make it to night one, but I had an absolute blast night 2. Random thoughts:

Holy shit at Goodtime's dive in the opener.

Wasn't too big on Trent's debut a few months back, but he's really grown on me in PWG.

Tomasso and Nese had a great match. Them along with Gargano, Swan, and AR Fox are doing an awesome job filling the gap with all of the recent departures.

How much bigger will Brian Cage get? Hahahah! Him and Elgin passing Trent back and forth for the delayed suplex was great.

Very sad to see Davey and Eddie go, but they totally deserve this new opportunity.

Candice = Holy shit son. I can see her and Joey winning DDT4 and challenging the Bucks to a hell of a match.

Cole and Gargano put on a great main event. Cole is doing an awesome job as champ.
abouttreefitty350

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:48 pm

When do the Youtube previews come out?
eastbay510

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum