PWG matches you would love to see in 2013

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: PWG matches you would love to see in 2013

Postby bford24 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:55 pm

I don't see Mount Rushmore adding more members, there are only 4 heads on the real one so the group has to stay at 4
bford24

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:59 pm

I wish Danielson could come back for a show, Danielson vs O'Reilly would be epic.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:50 pm

You know, I would say that be unrealistic and all since its the WWE but considering William Regal did visit BOLA to scout talent and the fact Bryan has been a huge star now, so he could have enough pull on management that something could be arranged for an appearance but I guess I would like for Bryan to appear as WWE champion and that it should be unannounced because if it were announced at the Reseda building, just imagine the crowds trying to get tickets either at the door or online.
El Asian

Postby eldink » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:33 am

i think we are fine without wwe talent.....i am sure they would love someone getting hurt in reseda....i do wish the policy of not flying in women could be rescinded on occasion....i think candice has earned that...cheerleader Melissa is no-cal and can work with anyone...cve and candice have great matches
eldink

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:36 am

I know that a lot of people don't like them, and I know PWG doesn't have a whole lot of guys, but I've always found it weird that the only PWG battle royal ever featured none of their talent. I would like to see them do one, someday, if only because they've never really done it before. After all, PWG has guys work twice a lot anyway. Just a thought.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:34 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I know that a lot of people don't like them, and I know PWG doesn't have a whole lot of guys, but I've always found it weird that the only PWG battle royal ever featured none of their talent. I would like to see them do one, someday, if only because they've never really done it before. After all, PWG has guys work twice a lot anyway. Just a thought.

It is an interesting idea but I don't know if it can work with how stacked PWG cards are anyways, so most guys would be generally exhausted anyways, its a good idea in theory but I don't know if it can work in PWG right now plus the shows run long enough already anyways and really no point to have a battle royal without some sort of prize like a title shot would work though no real point with BOLA and all that

eldink wrote:i think we are fine without wwe talent.....i am sure they would love someone getting hurt in reseda....i do wish the policy of not flying in women could be rescinded on occasion....i think candice has earned that...cheerleader Melissa is no-cal and can work with anyone...cve and candice have great matches

It is fine without a WWE talent though Daniel Bryan would be a nice 1 night only type of deal given to what all Bryan had done for PWG, it be a nice homecoming and great pop for the crowd though WWE would be stingy to allow it anyways.

As for the "policy," its not really a policy and more of a lack of interest really it seems from Super Dragon as he hasn't really been a fan of it, I agree would love to see PWG bring back Christina Von Eerie and Lufisto as well as bring in Cheerleader Melissa, MsChif, Amazing Kong, and Katarina Leigh (best known as Winter in TNA or Katie Lea Burchill in WWE) especially they do work in the area anyways but I do understand why the lack of interest on Dragon's part on this though it would work booking more intergender matches than just straight up women matches
El Asian

Postby toby80 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:20 am

Now that ACH looks to be a PWG regular, I'd love to see him in matches versus Ricochet and Rich Swann.
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:40 pm

You and me both. I think it would be pretty sweet to have the ICMGs meet up with ACH and a partner in DDT4 next year.
pwggrodd

Postby toby80 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:03 pm

That would be sweet. ICMGs vs. Fox and Del Sol was off the charts, so maybe ACH and Fox would make equally epic opponents.
toby80

Postby El Asian » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Tadarius Thomas would be a good possibility though AR Fox would work as well

Also, not sure if it would ever happen but a reunited Dynasty taking on Mt. Rushmore of Wrestling would be great, Joey and Sky are likely, Scott would be probable since he appeared at Ten but Bosh, however, is a mystery and as much as I would love for Bosh, I would doubt he would make a return but if Karl Anderson isn't busy, he be great then despite teaming with Bucks in NJPW soon for Bullet Club
El Asian

Postby El Generico Mark » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:54 am

Or Prince Devitt and Karl Amderson return and join Mount Rushmore forming Mount Bullet Club ;)
El Generico Mark

Postby El Asian » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:33 pm

El Generico Mark wrote:Or Prince Devitt and Karl Amderson return and join Mount Rushmore forming Mount Bullet Club ;)

Excellent idea, hell, the fact 90% of the PWG roster works NJPW anyways, just throwing it out there, a joint show between NJPW and PWG, it be called NJPWG
El Asian

Postby toby80 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:30 am

El Asian wrote:
El Generico Mark wrote:Or Prince Devitt and Karl Amderson return and join Mount Rushmore forming Mount Bullet Club ;)

Excellent idea, hell, the fact 90% of the PWG roster works NJPW anyways, just throwing it out there, a joint show between NJPW and PWG, it be called NJPWG

OMG that would be epic.
toby80

Postby toby80 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:50 am

I know it's probably complete fantasy, but here are some PWG-NJPW matches I would love to see...

Ricochet vs. Kota Ibushi
Kevin Steen vs. Minoru Suzuki
Adam Cole vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
The Young Bucks vs. The Time Splitters
Eddie Edwards vs. Kazuchika Okada
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Katsuyiro Shibata

Not to mention Prince Devitt, Shinsuke Nakamura, etc. The possibilities are endless (but alas, highly unlikely).
toby80

Postby El Asian » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:09 pm

toby80 wrote:I know it's probably complete fantasy, but here are some PWG-NJPW matches I would love to see...

Ricochet vs. Kota Ibushi

Not to mention Prince Devitt, Shinsuke Nakamura, etc. The possibilities are endless (but alas, highly unlikely).

An interesting suggestion of matches but if there ever is an NJPWG show, it has to be a double shot show like All Star Weekend but for my matches I would like to see

Young Bucks vs. Tiger Mask IV and Jushin Thunder Liger
Young Bucks vs. Jado and Gedo
Drake Younger vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Drake Younger vs. Togi Makabe
Kevin Steen vs. Yuji Nagata
Kevin Steen vs Kazuchika Okada
Team Ambition (Richards and O'Relly) vs. Laughter7 (Shibata and Kazushi Sakuraba)
Michael Elgin vs. Karl Anderson
Michael Elgin vs. Manabu Nakanishi
Rich Swann, Ricochet, AR Fox, and ACH vs. Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, BUSHI, and KUSHIDA
Roderick Strong vs. Hirooki Goto
Prince Devitt vs. Johnny Gargano

But as you said, tons of others and the possibilities with ton of NJPW and PWG guys to go and guys I could mention from PWG and NJPW to face off each other, its endless on where to go but hey, dreams are fun
El Asian

Postby toby80 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:59 pm

El Asian wrote:
toby80 wrote:I know it's probably complete fantasy, but here are some PWG-NJPW matches I would love to see...

Ricochet vs. Kota Ibushi

An interesting suggestion of matches but if there ever is an NJPWG show, it has to be a double shot show like All Star Weekend but for my matches I would like to see

Young Bucks vs. Tiger Mask IV and Jushin Thunder Liger
Young Bucks vs. Jado and Gedo
Drake Younger vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Drake Younger vs. Togi Makabe
Kevin Steen vs. Yuji Nagata
Kevin Steen vs Kazuchika Okada
Team Ambition (Richards and O'Relly) vs. Laughter7 (Shibata and Kazushi Sakuraba)
Michael Elgin vs. Karl Anderson
Michael Elgin vs. Manabu Nakanishi
Rich Swann, Ricochet, AR Fox, and ACH vs. Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, BUSHI, and KUSHIDA
Roderick Strong vs. Hirooki Goto
Prince Devitt vs. Johnny Gargano

But as you said, tons of others and the possibilities with ton of NJPW and PWG guys to go and guys I could mention from PWG and NJPW to face off each other, its endless on where to go but hey, dreams are fun

Yeah a double shot would be a must. So many potential match-ups. I really like some of your choices. The Bucks vs. Liger and Tiger Mask would be great, with the cocky young punks up against the Japanese legends. And that eight-man would be nuts.
toby80

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:53 pm

The Bucks and Steen vs. any combination of Ryan, LeRae, Knox, O'Rielly, and Mack, even.
Super Dragon Mark

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum