Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:07 pm

7th match added-Willie Mack and B-Boy vs. PPRAY. Sweet, I love PPRAY's antics. Maybe these teams will be at DDT4 next year.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:18 pm

pwggrodd wrote:If the ICMGs are in DDT4 again in January, I expect them to take the straps, actually.

Yup, I have them pegged as the next tag champs.
Garden State Saint

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:42 pm

Real happy to see Ray Rosas back in PWG , the tag match with him and Peter Avalon should be solid .
ShadowMaster

Postby toby80 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:44 am

I wonder what the Oct 19 show is gonna be called? I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Love that moment when you hit the PWG homepage and the image for the next show is up :mrgreen:
toby80

Postby toby80 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:42 am

I've said this before, but I would love to see The Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi) in PWG.

They'd be my dream team for DDT4 2014.
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:00 pm

At this point, my dream team for 2014 is the Super Smash Brothers. God knows what's going on with their work visa situation. It would really suck if DDT4 this year was their last PWG appearance; talk about anti-climactic.
pwggrodd

Postby stormcradledriver » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:23 pm

pwggrodd wrote:7th match added-Willie Mack and B-Boy vs. PPRAY. Sweet, I love PPRAY's antics. Maybe these teams will be at DDT4 next year.

No offense to the other 3 talented guys, but why is Willie Mack in these type of matches more often than not in 2013? Wasn't the match with Gargano one of the better matches at BOLA13, Night 1?

I think Willie should be getting more high profile matches more often.
stormcradledriver

Postby toby80 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:36 pm

stormcradledriver wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:7th match added-Willie Mack and B-Boy vs. PPRAY. Sweet, I love PPRAY's antics. Maybe these teams will be at DDT4 next year.

No offense to the other 3 talented guys, but why is Willie Mack in these type of matches more often than not in 2013? Wasn't the match with Gargano one of the better matches at BOLA13, Night 1?

Yeah I think Willie's shown renewed fire in his last couple of matches. Hopefully they'll build him back up.
toby80

Postby toby80 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:41 pm

pwggrodd wrote:At this point, my dream team for 2014 is the Super Smash Brothers. God knows what's going on with their work visa situation. It would really suck if DDT4 this year was their last PWG appearance; talk about anti-climactic.

Yeah fingers crossed SSB make their comeback in 2014. I still think they should come out in their costumes from 'Stu's Kitchen' when they do :P
toby80

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:45 am

stormcradledriver wrote:

I was thinking the same thing but the crop of guys that have come in during recent months have helped his case either it seems.
Garden State Saint

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:47 am

Garden State Saint wrote:
stormcradledriver wrote:

I was thinking the same thing but the crop of guys that have come in during recent months have helped his case either it seems.

Meant to say haven't helped his case. Why can't we edit our own posts?
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:14 am

Anybody else notice that in the results section, BOLA 2013 Night Two's been posted twice, and there's no BOLA Night One? Anyway, I have to agree, the new dudes that have come in since 2012 have kind of overshadowed Mack somewhat.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:17 am

toby80 wrote:I've said this before, but I would love to see The Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi) in PWG.

pwggrodd wrote:At this point, my dream team for 2014 is the Super Smash Brothers. God knows what's going on with their work visa situation. It would really suck if DDT4 this year was their last PWG appearance; talk about anti-climactic.

Agreed on both of these, hopefully the Visa issue works out soon and we see SSB return before the end of the year and speaking of return of a beloved wrestler joined with a heavily requested debut, I would love for Team Best Friends (Akira Tozawa and Uhaa Nation) for DDT4 as well as bringing in The Osirian Portal or Sumarian Death Squad for DDT4

Also I agree with the sentiments over Willie Mack as well
El Asian

Postby toby80 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:32 am

El Asian wrote:
toby80 wrote:I've said this before, but I would love to see The Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi) in PWG.

Agreed on both of these, hopefully the Visa issue works out soon and we see SSB return before the end of the year and speaking of return of a beloved wrestler joined with a heavily requested debut, I would love for Team Best Friends (Akira Tozawa and Uhaa Nation) for DDT4 as well as bringing in The Osirian Portal or Sumarian Death Squad for DDT4

Also I agree with the sentiments over Willie Mack as well

Tozawa and Uhaa would be amazing. Maybe they could have a match against Chuck Taylor and Trent? for the title of Team Best Friends :P
toby80

Postby toby80 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:03 am

I know it's a bit early to be talking about DDT4, but my ideal line-up would be...

The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)
The Inner-City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann)
The Unbreakable F'N Machines (Michael Elgin & Brian Cage)
DojoBros (Roderick Strong & Eddie Edwards)
The Super Smash Bros (Player Uno & Stupefied)
The Mount Rushmore of Wrestling (Adam Cole & Kevin Steen)
The Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi)
Team Best Friends (Akira Tozawa & Uhaa Nation)

:mrgreen:
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:00 am

toby80 wrote:I know it's a bit early to be talking about DDT4, but my ideal line-up would be...

Sounds awesome SSB probally wont be back unfortunatly. And the last 2 probally won't happen. But I do like the Idea of Rushmore having 2 teams.

I really want to see ROH's newest tag team, The Monster Mafia ("All Ego" Ethan Page and "Walking Weapon" Josh Alexander) and The Beaver Boys (Alex Reynolds and John Silver) in DDT4.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:40 am

eastbay510 wrote:
toby80 wrote:I know it's a bit early to be talking about DDT4, but my ideal line-up would be...

Sounds awesome SSB probally wont be back unfortunatly. And the last 2 probally won't happen. But I do like the Idea of Rushmore having 2 teams.

I really want to see ROH's newest tag team, The Monster Mafia ("All Ego" Ethan Page and "Walking Weapon" Josh Alexander) and The Beaver Boys (Alex Reynolds and John Silver) in DDT4.

I wonder if they'd consider making DDT4 a two-night tournament? I guess it depends how many quality teams they could gather. You wouldn't want it being a case of quantity over quality I guess. PWG could do with a couple of new teams to freshen things up though. Anyway, there's a long way to go until DDT4 and much to enjoy in the meantime!
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:04 am

toby80 wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:

I wonder if they'd consider making DDT4 a two-night tournament? I guess it depends how many quality teams they could gather. You wouldn't want it being a case of quantity over quality I guess. PWG could do with a couple of new teams to freshen things up though. Anyway, there's a long way to go until DDT4 and much to enjoy in the meantime!

I'm not gonna say it's gonna happen or that its even financally viable, but I will say there are enough teams for a 2 night DDT4. I've been saying for a few months now that this is one of the best times to be a fan of independant wrestling, because there is so many guys on the verge of breaking out. Oh, and by the way AAW is having a 16 team tournament coming up, so I don't see a reason a 16 or even 12 team DDT4 is out of the question.

1) The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)
2) The Inner-City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann)
3) The Unbreakable F'N Machines (Michael Elgin & Brian Cage)
4) DojoBros (Roderick Strong & Eddie Edwards)
5) Mount Rushmore (Adam Cole & Kevin Steen)
6) Ronin/FIST/Niggas in Paris (Gargano & Taylor)
7) RockNESS Monsters
8) Monster Mafia (Page & Alexander)
9) Beaver Boys (Reynolds & Silver)
10) Adrenaline Rush (ACH & TaDarius Thomas)
11) Candice Larae & Joey Ryan
12) reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish)

and if it went to 16 teams I would add:

13) Bravado Brothers
14) PPA and Ray Rosas
15) Drake Younger & B-Boy
16) Davey Richards & Super Dragon

Really it depends on how many debuts they want, but there is enough guys to make it happen.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:17 am

Yes there's definitely enough talent out there. I guess it depends on how difficult and, as you say, expensive it would be to do so. It would make for an epic weekend though!
toby80

Postby El Asian » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm gonna cast doubt on seeing Richards and Edwards for DDT4 depending when the WWE decides to call them up, hopefully one last run of the American Wolves happen somewhere down the line in PWG. As for the suggestions of the Beaver Boys, Monster Mafia, and Bobby Fish, kinda not feeling it quite yet with those guys, mostly out of biased I rather see Osirian Portal (Amasis and Ophidian) or Sumarian Death Squad (Tommy End and Michael Dante) over them or just use PPRay or RockNES Monsters have a spot in BOLA instead of flying more guys out instead. As for the number of guys, 8 is usually find, it would nice to see 12 or 16 guys for DDT4 but 8 is enough for PWG and it is probably for costs.
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum