The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Yeah, I see Kingston as someone to put against the other power wrestlers on the roster. I'm praying that Younger puts in a good word for Elgin with BJW at some point. Elgin's made it clear he wants to go to Japan, and he wants Sekimoto, too. Or hell, maybe Younger could pull some strings and get some BJW guys into PWG at an affordable price. The Strong BJ guys would be amazing in PWG. Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okabayashi, Yoshihito Sasaki, Shinya Ishikawa, Ryuichi Kawakami, Kazuki Hashimoto, Shinobu, and Madoka could all do really awesome power/striking matches, and Speed of Sounds vs. Young Bucks would probably be the speediest match ever.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:34 pm

The strong guys from Big Japan would work great in PWG but so would guys like Jun Kasai, Yuko Miyamoto, Masashi Takeda, and Isami Kodaka if only because they would take the craziest bumps that would get them hugely popular among PWG crowd and despite PWG not exactly being a deathmatch fed and those guys are primarily deathmatch workers, I think those guys could make it work without relying doing deathmatches in PWG
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:55 am

I'd bet they've already been mentioned, but I'd like to see the Hooligans, Devin and Mason Cutter, in DDT4 next year. They're pretty good, even if they look like a twin pair of grungy fat dudes. Lots of sweet double teams. A match between them and the Bucks in the first round to get the crowd hot could be really amazing.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:54 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I'd bet they've already been mentioned, but I'd like to see the Hooligans, Devin and Mason Cutter, in DDT4 next year. They're pretty good, even if they look like a twin pair of grungy fat dudes. Lots of sweet double teams. A match between them and the Bucks in the first round to get the crowd hot could be really amazing.

I'm sorry but who?
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:17 am

Youtube 'em, man. Or go watch Beyond Wrestling's latest All Killer, and watch the last match on it. I think they'd fit right in.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:16 pm

They seem okay but I don't think they are worth flying over at this point, in terms of similar style, I rather see PWG bring in Matt Tremont, Ron Mathis, Danny Havoc, and Scotty Vortekz over them though

Anyways, a random suggestion but Ted Dibiase Jr. recently left the WWE, I'm sure people here would be understandably hesitant to bring him over though I say on one condition if PWG does bring Ted Dibiase Jr. for a match, I would like to see Ted Jr. bring in his father to manage him for the match, probably would take away from Ted Jr.'s own match in Reseda but I think it be interesting to have his father just playing it up for the Reseda crowd
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:45 am

Oh god, all four of those guys are HORRIBLE. Are you serious? PWG is a workrate fed, not a deathmatch fed.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:40 am

You could say the same for Drake or Sami plus they wouldn't need to do deathmatches to take sick bumps in PWG plus I'd say Tremont and Mathis could fit in PWG at least

Also I notice Human Tornado is working a local show, hoping we see him back soon in PWG
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:00 am

Wait, what? No, I couldn't say the same for Sami or Drake. They're actually good workers. None of the four guys you named are good outside of deathmatches at all. Especially Tremont and Vortekz, holy shit. They can't do anything other than hit people with shit.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:48 pm

When I think of garbage wrestling the first person who comes to mind is Matt Tremont, the only reason he has a job in CZW is because he's willing to let anybody do anything to him.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:00 pm

I'd say Tremont is more of an Eddie Kingston type though I guess if PWG wanted an Eddie Kingston type, they could book Eddie Kingston instead but I'm gonna defend that Tremont and Mathis are generally the best deathmatch workers in the US right now since Drake retired from deathmatches and Tremont has worked non-deathmatches before, more a brawler type, much like Drake

As for the Hooligans, watching a highlights of them, nothing exactly impressive about them really, maybe with time, maybe PWG could give them a shot but they seem generic fat grunge looking guys that also resemble Hack Myers meet Sheamus
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:45 pm

I've probably already mentioned this, but I thought it was odd that Jay Lethal wasn't in BOLA. Hope he gets another shot sometime.
pwggrodd

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:04 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I've probably already mentioned this, but I thought it was odd that Jay Lethal wasn't in BOLA. Hope he gets another shot sometime.

Thought the same thing especially since he had a great All Star Weekend . I would like to see Chiva Kid brought in .
ShadowMaster

Postby bennym6 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:33 am

El Asian wrote:I'd say Tremont is more of an Eddie Kingston type though I guess if PWG wanted an Eddie Kingston type, they could book Eddie Kingston instead but I'm gonna defend that Tremont and Mathis are generally the best deathmatch workers in the US right now since Drake retired from deathmatches and Tremont has worked non-deathmatches before, more a brawler type, much like Drake

As for the Hooligans, watching a highlights of them, nothing exactly impressive about them really, maybe with time, maybe PWG could give them a shot but they seem generic fat grunge looking guys that also resemble Hack Myers meet Sheamus

Watch their match with the Bucks from the latest Manhatten Mayhem show from ROH and watch their match against Alex Shelley and Kushida from NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 2013.
bennym6

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:50 am

You're taliking about Forever Hooliganz, benny. I'm talking about The Hooligans. Completely different guys.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:25 am

So in a current WWE storyline, WWE "fires" Cody Rhodes after failing to beat Randy Orton, which lead to this to the McMahons feuding with the Rhodes family, however, just today, Pro Wrestling Syndicate announced they are booking Cody Rhodes for a show exclusively it seems, so while Cody getting "fired" is a work, the fact they are allowing him to work indies is surprising all things considered. So whatever this angle is going, I do hope this means PWG can book Cody Rhodes for a show if possible because despite what some of you might think, I think Cody would fit really well in PWG and could have a great match with anyone in PWG as well.
El Asian

Postby OSKMIA » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:24 pm

El Asian wrote:So in a current WWE storyline, WWE "fires" Cody Rhodes after failing to beat Randy Orton, which lead to this to the McMahons feuding with the Rhodes family, however, just today, Pro Wrestling Syndicate announced they are booking Cody Rhodes for a show exclusively it seems, so while Cody getting "fired" is a work, the fact they are allowing him to work indies is surprising all things considered. So whatever this angle is going, I do hope this means PWG can book Cody Rhodes for a show if possible because despite what some of you might think, I think Cody would fit really well in PWG and could have a great match with anyone in PWG as well.

I think so too... I think Rhodes is a great talent.
OSKMIA

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:00 pm

If he did show up, it'd probably be a one-shot deal-so, who does he face?
pwggrodd

Postby toby80 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:59 am

pwggrodd wrote:If he did show up, it'd probably be a one-shot deal-so, who does he face?

There's a few guys I'd like to see Rhodes face. Ricochet, O'Reilly and Steen would all be ace. How about him as an outsider challenging for the PWG title? Very much doubt it'll happen, but would be fun.
toby80

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:34 pm

El Asian wrote:So in a current WWE storyline, WWE "fires" Cody Rhodes after failing to beat Randy Orton, which lead to this to the McMahons feuding with the Rhodes family, however, just today, Pro Wrestling Syndicate announced they are booking Cody Rhodes for a show exclusively it seems, so while Cody getting "fired" is a work, the fact they are allowing him to work indies is surprising all things considered. So whatever this angle is going, I do hope this means PWG can book Cody Rhodes for a show if possible because despite what some of you might think, I think Cody would fit really well in PWG and could have a great match with anyone in PWG as well.

I've done PWS shows and I'd be shocked if he actually showed up on their next show, which is late October.
Garden State Saint

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum