El Generico to WWE?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: El Generico to WWE?

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:32 pm

For some reason Steen hates Sami Zayn, per Zayn's twitter.
Garden State Saint

Postby AlexK » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:59 pm

El Asian wrote:
Nasty Nate wrote:
Meanwhile, another PWG alumni is doing well for himself it seems

Kane was in PWG? :shock:
AlexK

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:23 pm

I knew Ronin was really Kane!
Garden State Saint

Postby loserkings007 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:29 am

Here is an Interview with Sami Zayn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IygWD3xJHjE
loserkings007

Postby BrianS » Fri May 17, 2013 6:52 am

Thanks for that. Holy crap, so weird to watch.
BrianS

Postby Nasty Nate » Fri May 17, 2013 8:53 am

They should do redo the hurricane angle 8)
Nasty Nate

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun May 19, 2013 3:33 am

Seeing Generico unmasked is one thing but hearing him talk in a regular voice is even stranger.
Garden State Saint

Postby Nasty Nate » Thu May 23, 2013 9:06 am

He debuts by beating a former tag team champion and then follows that up 5 minutes later by beating a former U.S. champion, not too shabby
Nasty Nate

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri May 24, 2013 10:59 pm

Once they took his mask off and they changed his name, El Generico is pretty much no more. Even if they give him a push, they killed one of the best personas in the history of independent wrestling. I'm glad that him and other recruited Indy wrestlers can finally make decent money but as a die hard Indy fan I will never support WWE, I refuse to watch and have boycotted WWE for years now.

These days its almost like WWE is on a mission to take the best workers out of Indy scene. On one hand its cool that finally WWE recognizes the real talent, on the other hand it fucks over Indy wrestling. The good thing about Indies thou is that no matter how many wrestlers will leave, just as many will come. There are always gonna be awesome wrestlers on the Indy scene.
krayzie Bone

Postby bennym6 » Sat May 25, 2013 5:50 am

krayzie Bone wrote:Once they took his mask off and they changed his name, El Generico is pretty much no more. Even if they give him a push, they killed one of the best personas in the history of independent wrestling. I'm glad that him and other recruited Indy wrestlers can finally make decent money but as a die hard Indy fan I will never support WWE, I refuse to watch and have boycotted WWE for years now.

These days its almost like WWE is on a mission to take the best workers out of Indy scene. On one hand its cool that finally WWE recognizes the real talent, on the other hand it fucks over Indy wrestling. The good thing about Indies thou is that no matter how many wrestlers will leave, just as many will come. There are always gonna be awesome wrestlers on the Indy scene.

To look on the bright side, WWE would have ruined the El Generico character anyway so at least if they ruin Zayn they're not ruining the Generico character.
bennym6

Postby CreedP » Sat May 25, 2013 6:29 am

And if 'Creative' can't figure out what to do with Zayn (like they seem to be massively dropping the ball with Cesaro lately, he's 6'5", in great shape, aerial ability, fluent in multiple languages, and you can't think of anything to do with him besides yodelling? ugh) ....and he gets released, then we'll welcome Generico home with another massive barrage of streamers! :)

CREED
CreedP

Postby BrianS » Sun May 26, 2013 4:11 pm

I just watched his debut on NXT where he was put over Curt Hawkins. He did really well and I hope for the best for him.
BrianS

Postby eldink » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:45 am

someday wwe will create a gimmick that one of their entertainers will be a good wrestler.....someday
eldink

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:57 pm

eldink wrote:someday wwe will create a gimmick that one of their entertainers will be a good wrestler.....someday

Do you not bother with WWE?
Garden State Saint

Postby AlexK » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:01 am

eldink wrote:someday wwe will create a gimmick that one of their entertainers will be a good wrestler.....someday

It's easy to say stuff like this when you're not paying any attention to the product.
AlexK

Postby PWG2013 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:36 am

krayzie Bone wrote:Once they took his mask off and they changed his name, El Generico is pretty much no more. Even if they give him a push, they killed one of the best personas in the history of independent wrestling. I'm glad that him and other recruited Indy wrestlers can finally make decent money but as a die hard Indy fan I will never support WWE, I refuse to watch and have boycotted WWE for years now.

At first I questioned taking the mask off, but thinking about it more, I this will work out best in the long-term. El Generico would be very limited as the quirky, naive character in the WWE, and ultimately would've be a mid-carder used for comedic relief (ex: Eugene, Santino). Without the mask, Zayn can speak intelligently, break out multiple languages, and will have much more storyline flexibility. His matches with Cesaro have been phenomenal, and I don't mind his "demotion" in feuding with Zayn if it allows both of them to show off what they're truly capable of.
PWG2013

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:50 am

^This is the view to take.
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Yeah, the Generico gimmick just doesn't have the wings to get far in the WWE. Zayn's got a much better chance this way-and that's what every fan of his should want.
pwggrodd

Postby Nasty Nate » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:19 am

Tonight might be the night :shock:
Nasty Nate

Postby OSKMIA » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Nasty Nate wrote:Tonight might be the night :shock:

Explain yourself!
OSKMIA

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum