Ten Takes Place August 9! 10 Years of PWG!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Ten Takes Place August 9! 10 Years of PWG!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Very few people thought that Pro Wrestling Guerrilla would last longer than a single show, least of all the management. After all, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla started as a desperate cash grab by six professional wrestlers who had just made a very unwise investment in orange juice futures. However, thanks to the even more unwise decision by the Duke brothers to try and manipulate the crop report, the six founders of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla were able to reach liquidity in terms of cash, and with their newfound wealth turned their minds toward changing the very course of the professional wrestling industry.

Whether Pro Wrestling Guerrilla has been successful in creating change on a molecular level of professional wrestling is up for debate, but it's been a tremendous ten years. We sincerely hope that you have had a fraction of the fun watching as we've had putting on these shows. With that said, we are ridiculously excited for Ten, taking place on Friday, August 9, 2013, celebrating ten amazing years of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Ten is schedule to feature:

Co-Main Event Three Way Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Guerrilla Warfare Match
"Panama City Playboy" Adam Cole (Champion) vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen vs. "Ultraviolent Golden Boy" Drake Younger

Co-Main Event Three Way Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Ladder Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - Champions) vs. DojoBros (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong) vs. Inner-City Machine Guns (Rich Swann & Ricochet)

Tag Team Match
Brian Kendrick & Paul London vs. Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor

Singles Match
Michael Elgin vs AR Fox

Tag Team Match
Alex Koslov & "Azúcar" Rocky Romero vs RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)

Singles Match
Brian Cage vs. Anthony Nese

Singles Match
Kyle O'Reilly vs. TJ Perkins

Plus B-Boy, Candice LeRae, Willie Mack, Ryan Taylor, and much more!

Tickets will go on sale July 9, at 8:00PM PDT! Follow @OfficialPWG on Twitter for the latest information!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Ten takes place on Friday, August 9, 2013, at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on August 6, 2013, at 10:00PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable.

Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
Absolutely no outside alcoholic beverages are allowed on American Legion property.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: Ten Takes Place August 9! 10 Years of PWG!

Postby eldink » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:08 pm

i am almost afraid to TRY to buy front row.....almost
eldink

Postby The Franchise13 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:38 pm

With these 2 amazing packed matches (9 wrestlers), I wonder how the rest of the matches on the card going to look like...

Rosters that's available:
Davey Richards
Kyle O'Reilly
Unbreakable FN Machines
Super Smash Bros
RockNES Monsters
Chuck Taylor
Ryan Taylor
TJ Perkins
Willie Mack
Famous B
B-Boy
Paul London (?)

I can't wait for 10!
The Franchise13

Postby ajday » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Pleeeeeeeeeeease let there be some former wrestlers returning for a one-night only event. Hell, pull in the original six into the ring so we can thank them for their original investments.
ajday

Postby El Generico Mark » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:38 pm

ajday wrote:Pleeeeeeeeeeease let there be some former wrestlers returning for a one-night only event. Hell, pull in the original six into the ring so we can thank them for their original investments.

i'd be down to see chris bosh and scott lost
El Generico Mark

Postby Itchypanda » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:53 pm

Argh! Tickets on sale on the 9th?!? I have to work the stupid fan event for the Pacific Rim movie premiere that night. No front row for me :(
Itchypanda

Postby Nasty Nate » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:30 am

Itchypanda wrote:Argh! Tickets on sale on the 9th?!? I have to work the stupid fan event for the Pacific Rim movie premiere that night. No front row for me :(

Couldn't you use your smartphone or (if your like me and still use a normal phone) use another persons smart phone to order it?
Nasty Nate

Postby Itchypanda » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:27 am

Nasty Nate wrote:
Itchypanda wrote:Argh! Tickets on sale on the 9th?!? I have to work the stupid fan event for the Pacific Rim movie premiere that night. No front row for me :(

Couldn't you use your smartphone or (if your like me and still use a normal phone) use another persons smart phone to order it?

Hey Nate. Thanks for the advice but I can't use my cellphone at the event because I'm a fan events wrangler. I have a walkie mic'ed up to me listening to instructions from studio publicists and I'm constantly telling fans to do stuff (e.g. cheer loudly when the celebrities come, putting the movie t-shirts on and inspecting each fan on the red carpet, etc.) . It's too chaotic for me to sit down for 2 minutes and try to snag PWG tickets. I don't mind sitting further away considering how awesome this event is turning out. I just wish tickets were sold one day before or after, but that is simply me being selfish. I hope the people who want front row, get front row tickets.
Itchypanda

Postby El Asian » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:56 pm

At least you get to see Pacific Rim at the premiere right?
El Asian

Postby toby80 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:21 pm

Wow these matches will be crazy.

I'm particularly looking forward to the ladder match.
toby80

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:22 pm

My arms would spontaneously be lit on fire if Super Dragon returned.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:11 pm

I'm loving the violent direction PWG is heading to.
krayzie Bone

Postby toby80 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:40 pm

I'd love to see AR Fox work his first singles match at TEN.

Elgin or O'Reilly would be ace.
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:57 pm

"There will also be an opening six man tag match featuring Willie Mack, Candice LaRae, B-Boy, Ryan Taylor and more!"

What does more mean? Scott Lost? Chris Bosh? Tornado? Quicksilver? Disco Machine?
eastbay510

Postby El Generico Mark » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:40 pm

eastbay510 wrote:"There will also be an opening six man tag match featuring Willie Mack, Candice LaRae, B-Boy, Ryan Taylor and more!"

What does more mean? Scott Lost? Chris Bosh? Tornado? Quicksilver? Disco Machine?

Ryan Mother Fucking Taylor is back *crys with happiness*
El Generico Mark

Postby ad.breed » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:36 am

I want Top Gun Talwar!
ad.breed

Postby jdrouskirsh » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:47 am

Joey got released from TNA, so I'm sure he'll be one of the guys in the tag match...
jdrouskirsh

Postby toby80 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Wow I just saw the rest of the line-up for TEN... this show is gonna be awesome!

Elgin-Fox, O'Reilly-Perkins, Richards-Cage... woof!
toby80

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:18 pm

WOW what a sweet super card. Koslov and Romero vs Rockness Monsters is gonna be freeking awesome. Plus a ladder match and a warfare match. I think this is gonna be a show of the year.
krayzie Bone

Postby jdrouskirsh » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Well Excalibur/ Dragon tweeted that Davey won't be appearing at the anniversary show, but will be at BOLA... I wonder if they may put Joey in his place instead, although I would love to see them bring in someone new...I posted in the brought in/ back in thread that I would love to see Timothy Thatcher or Adam Thornstowe be given a shot in PWG, I would love for it to be one of those two guys filling in for Davey...
jdrouskirsh

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum