Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Thu May 23, 2013 10:21 pm

So apparently Sami Callihan isn't the only PWG guy on his way out to the WWE, I think this was mentioned earlier but Samuray Del Sol looks like on his way out as well
El Asian

Postby toby80 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:00 pm

El Asian wrote:So apparently Sami Callihan isn't the only PWG guy on his way out to the WWE, I think this was mentioned earlier but Samuray Del Sol looks like on his way out as well

WWE are on a fierce recruitment drive at the moment. I just hope they don't hoover up all the best indy talent!
toby80

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri May 24, 2013 6:26 pm

I hope the same as well but at the very least it creates spots for guys to step up towards.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:02 pm

I don't think WWE signing hurts PWG that badly... don't get me wrong I'm definatly gonna miss Sami. The fact is PWG can use anybody from either ROH or DGUSA's rosters, they have 2 rosters worth of talent to choose from... as well as anyone else on the indy scene. I think ROH and DGUSA will be hurt much more then PWG will.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed May 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Word is AR Fox has said that at the EVOLVE doubleshot this weekend, he will introduce a new move for each show. Hope he brings whatever insane stuff it is to the tag match at the next show!
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:07 pm

I was just watching the 08 TPI, ans it turns out last years BOLA wasnt the first time Elgin and Ricochet have squared off in tournament action. It's really amazing how those guys have improved over the years, Elgin was fat and Ricochet was a stick figure. The match was good but nothing to their BOLA match.

Also Callihan was in the tournament, and he looked way different.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:09 am

Well, Drake Younger posted some stuff on twitter about his last-ever deathmatch last night. He says his big goal is now to become the PWG champion. I'm thinking he's winning BOLA.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:08 pm

So WrestleCon announced they are doing another WrestleCon in New Orleans next year, now you would wonder what this would have to do with PWG, well in their press release, it confirms CZW and ROH will be involved but also, PWG will be involved as well it seems
El Asian

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:21 am

El Asian wrote:So WrestleCon announced they are doing another WrestleCon in New Orleans next year, now you would wonder what this would have to do with PWG, well in their press release, it confirms CZW and ROH will be involved but also, PWG will be involved as well it seems

Let's not get over-excited just yet.. If I read correctly, Wrestlecon will be hosting a wrestling event on Saturday night "that will feature superstars from CZW, ROH & PWG." I'm thinking its going to be like that PWS show that was held at Wrestlereunion/Kurt Russellreunion III event. Which by the way, really sucked. Due to PWS being on Saturday, the PWG show was pushed to Sunday (hence, the lack of attendance).
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:42 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Well, Drake Younger posted some stuff on twitter about his last-ever deathmatch last night. He says his big goal is now to become the PWG champion. I'm thinking he's winning BOLA.

I'm hoping you're right.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:29 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:Well, Drake Younger posted some stuff on twitter about his last-ever deathmatch last night. He says his big goal is now to become the PWG champion. I'm thinking he's winning BOLA.

I'm hoping you're right.

I think he wil become the next champ, then lose it to either Elgin or Ricochet.

If Drake does win the title I think B Boy should get a shot at the title.
eastbay510

Postby OSKMIA » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:33 am

Does anybody know what happened to "Quick" Carter Gray? I remember his name was getting real hot for a while, being named up there with PAC, Evans, and Ricochet. Crazy how times change...
OSKMIA

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:14 am

OSKMIA wrote:Does anybody know what happened to "Quick" Carter Gray? I remember his name was getting real hot for a while, being named up there with PAC, Evans, and Ricochet. Crazy how times change...

Remember when Dingo was the next big thing? Or when Vordell Walker teamed with Bryan Danielson at the trios tournament in ROH? Some guys just never get over the "he has potential" stage of their career.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:34 am

What happened to Carter Grey was retirement.
pwggrodd

Postby OSKMIA » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:00 am

eastbay510 wrote:
OSKMIA wrote:Does anybody know what happened to "Quick" Carter Gray? I remember his name was getting real hot for a while, being named up there with PAC, Evans, and Ricochet. Crazy how times change...

Remember when Dingo was the next big thing? Or when Vordell Walker teamed with Bryan Danielson at the trios tournament in ROH? Some guys just never get over the "he has potential" stage of their career.

Dingo? As the next big thing?... really? Eh I don't know about that one buddy.

Who?!

pwggrodd wrote:What happened to Carter Grey was retirement.

Well go on... Are you going to tell us why he retired or what?
OSKMIA

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Hell, man, I have no idea why. I just heard that a couple years back when he disappeared. And since he's never reappeared, I guess it's true.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Oh, also-Vordell Walker was always terrible, and still is. Never got why anyone thought he would ever amount to anything.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:27 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Remember when Dingo was the next big thing?

Can you time frame this for me? I don't recall such a claim.
Garden State Saint

Postby camstun187 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:53 am

Ahh, I remember Dingo. He was like a tinier Danielson.

Wonder how he's doing.
camstun187

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:19 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Remember when Dingo was the next big thing?

Can you time frame this for me? I don't recall such a claim.

Ok mabey "Next big thing" is to much, but he was a pretty highly touted prospect around 07-08, he was a IWA-MS champion, and I remember a lot of people wanted him in ROH.

My point was there were a lot of guys that had a lot of potential and never made anything out of it, guys who's names you would hear a lot and then just seemingly fell off the face of the earth.
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum