Is Your Body Ready? Takes Place June 15! Tickets on Sale!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Is Your Body Ready? Takes Place June 15! Tickets on Sale

Postby El Asian » Wed May 15, 2013 7:42 am

krayzie Bone wrote:
El Asian wrote:Its not because the drunk assholes, that can be expected in pro wrestling in general but its the fact they sit on their asses and don't even react is my issue with ROH, DGUSA and especially CZW crowds lately

What do you want them to react to? Do you know how spoiled east coast fans are by great wrestling? Think about it, they've been enjoying good wrestling since the early ECW days. They literally have seen it all, so yes they are not easily impressed. PWG fans demand good product too and come to see the best wrestling on the west coast but trust me its a lot easier to impress PWG fans. I even think sometimes fans in PWG over react.

Wel they should react at all, I see Andrew Everett doing a really awesome flip in the last CZW iPPV and I saw no reaction or Rich Swann tried getting the crowd to do All Night Long in the last DGUSA show and they didn't react and people living in the east coast admit the crowds in CZW have gotten awful and I have seen better reactions at recent WWE shows held in the south than current CZW and DGUSA shows
El Asian

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:33 am

The biggest news isn't the card for me on this one. But more along the lines of guess who's back in the motherfuckin house!!! :P PWG KLIQ reunion guys?

Okay the card is big news for me too... :D

Cheers
DjEn3rgy21

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed May 15, 2013 10:50 am

El Asian wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:
El Asian wrote:Its not because the drunk assholes, that can be expected in pro wrestling in general but its the fact they sit on their asses and don't even react is my issue with ROH, DGUSA and especially CZW crowds lately

What do you want them to react to? Do you know how spoiled east coast fans are by great wrestling? Think about it, they've been enjoying good wrestling since the early ECW days. They literally have seen it all, so yes they are not easily impressed. PWG fans demand good product too and come to see the best wrestling on the west coast but trust me its a lot easier to impress PWG fans. I even think sometimes fans in PWG over react.

Wel they should react at all, I see Andrew Everett doing a really awesome flip in the last CZW iPPV and I saw no reaction or Rich Swann tried getting the crowd to do All Night Long in the last DGUSA show and they didn't react and people living in the east coast admit the crowds in CZW have gotten awful and I have seen better reactions at recent WWE shows held in the south than current CZW and DGUSA shows

Well I don't know man, "All night long chant" is comedy, not everyone likes it. Personally when a wrestler tries to make fans do something I feel like a mark so I never participate. I myself have seen a lot of great wrestling over the years, so I often don't react to spots either. I completely understand how some of these east coast fans act or feel. I will tell you one thing I did notice in PWG. Whenever wrestlers try to slow it down and do something technical, many fans act very unappreciative and rude. I guess these modern teachers didn't beat their asses with a ruler enough to increase their attention span. lol
krayzie Bone

Postby Tom123 » Wed May 15, 2013 1:53 pm

PWG_Silverback wrote:Singles Match
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Davey Richards

Did anybody catch their match from last/this week's ROH TV show? Really Great Match! I really hope it delivers on another scale come June 15th!
Tom123

Postby eastbay510 » Wed May 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Tom123 wrote:

Did anybody catch their match from last/this week's ROH TV show? Really Great Match! I really hope it delivers on another scale come June 15th!

I think the fans will be a lot more accepting of this match now then when it was origionally scheduled last year. Last year Kyle was strugling to get over and get out of Davey's shadow, people were calling him "Davey Jr" and a Davey clone. I think team stagatory match and his match with Sami really helped him get over. He really busted his ass at All Star Weekend, I wouldn't be shocked if this steals the show. By the way their match at Defy or Deny 2 was even better then their TV match. O'Reilly has been great reciently, I can't wait for this one.
eastbay510

Postby the.devil.himself » Wed May 15, 2013 7:23 pm

Anybody has 1 or 2 extra front row tickets? Preferably 2.. I WILL PAY GENEROUSLY..
the.devil.himself

Postby El Asian » Thu May 16, 2013 11:29 am

So as we all know, Sami Callihan is on his way out and it would seem this show would be Sami's last indie appearance but I am hearing that Big Japan had to take off Sami from their May 24 show because he signed a contract, which is weeks off before this show, I don't know, maybe PWG had already worked something out at this point to allow Sami work this show before he goes to the WWE.

Also, Super Dragon mentioned possibly not having Ten (I assume that will be the name of the 10th anniversary show), in July and to be honest, while I guess it is upsetting and understandable, I actually probably think this is a good idea for my sake just due to probably conflicts of me being elsewhere and I actually do hope they move the 10th anniversary a month later.
El Asian

Postby Tom123 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:42 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
Tom123 wrote:

I think the fans will be a lot more accepting of this match now then when it was origionally scheduled last year. Last year Kyle was strugling to get over and get out of Davey's shadow, people were calling him "Davey Jr" and a Davey clone. I think team stagatory match and his match with Sami really helped him get over. He really busted his ass at All Star Weekend, I wouldn't be shocked if this steals the show. By the way their match at Defy or Deny 2 was even better then their TV match. O'Reilly has been great reciently, I can't wait for this one.

I still need to watch their match from Defy or Deny 2, I've heard/read and agree that the match was better, but to be honest, together they put on some fantastic wrestling matches last year in ROH too. I completely agree with you about Kyle getting more over, more of his character and personality is starting to shine through in what has so far been a cracker of a year for him, he along with Fish have had consistently strong matches all year. Really hope he continues to push and earns a shot against Adam Cole for the PWG Title at one of the shows later this year! Richards/O'Reilly is something slightly different to the high flying action, so maybe they could steel the show!
Tom123

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu May 16, 2013 4:48 pm

If this is Sami's last match I think he needs a solid sendoff I know he's only been in PWG for about a year but he still gave some great match's . Trying to think of a good streamer color for him Grey maybe ?
ShadowMaster

Postby camstun187 » Fri May 17, 2013 3:28 am

Yeah, he's been a staple in the company for the past year. Not seeing him on the card is going to be weird.
camstun187

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri May 17, 2013 4:36 am

is this going to be davey richards last show?? talk about a staple in the company that deserves a sendoff. i really wish i could make it to this show, big fan of both sami & adam. i'm going to do whatever it takes to make it to the 10yr anniversary show though.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby bennym6 » Fri May 17, 2013 8:13 am

black and grey to match his gear.
bennym6

Postby camstun187 » Fri May 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Why would this be Davey Richard's last show?
camstun187

Postby ad.breed » Fri May 17, 2013 2:51 pm

Davey's been talking about leaving wrestling for years now to become a paramedic. I guess he qualified. He's remarked in shoot interviews that his heart hasn't been in wrestling for a while. It's a shame for us wrestling fans if that's true but good for him. He's been pursuing a medical career for some time now.
ad.breed

Postby eastbay510 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:53 pm

ad.breed wrote:Davey's been talking about leaving wrestling for years now to become a paramedic. I guess he qualified. He's remarked in shoot interviews that his heart hasn't been in wrestling for a while. It's a shame for us wrestling fans if that's true but good for him. He's been pursuing a medical career for some time now.

He also hinted at a WWE contract, that didn't happen yet. He was planning on retiring after final battle in 09 I belive but he ultimatly decided to stay. He currently has a ROH title match coming up and is also feuding with reDRagon, it's not like his role in ROH is diminishing. Where did you hear these rumors?
eastbay510

Postby camstun187 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:01 am

I'll take that with a grain of salt.
camstun187

Postby JAG » Sun May 19, 2013 5:13 pm

camstun187 wrote:I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Agreed. Seems like Davey has been on the verge of retirement since 09. Nonetheless, I am excited about seeing him back in a PWG ring. Not being able to attend shows as regularly as I'd like, the last time I saw him live was at Seven. Im really excited about this show. June 15th can not come soon enough.
JAG

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:10 am

So with the next show only being a few weeks, desperation is getting the best of me and I need front row tickets. So if anybody is interested in selling me 2 (more if possible?) Tickets for double the price, I would be more than happy to buy them from you. Just send me a message.
The Franchise13

Postby Xlos713 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:51 pm

whats wrong with general admission?
Xlos713

Postby do0shebag55 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Xlos713 wrote:whats wrong with general admission?

There's nothing wrong with general admission... But once you've done Front Row as long as Franchise, Itchypanda, SlayJ, CreedP, and several others have for years, you get used to several things: not having anyone in front of you, taking your own life in to your hands, and easily spotting yourself on the DVDs.
do0shebag55

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum