rohgenextfan wrote:Kota Ibushi vs Kevin Steen
Kota Ibushi vs Adam Cole
Kota Ibushi vs Richochet
Kota Ibushi and Willie Mack vs The Youngbucks

Ibushi-Ricochet would be insane!
toby80

Re: Ten Years

Postby bennym6 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:59 am

Xlos713 wrote:and maybe, with the 10th anniversary show, they can move it to a bigger venue. i think PWG can do a lil better thatn 400 people.

Are you serious? A lot of fans would be outraged. PWG needs the Reseda venue. The atmosphere watching the DVD is magical. KurtRusselReunion was awesome. But in Reseda it would have been even more awesome.
bennym6

Postby El Asian » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:25 pm

eldink wrote:actually that match has been done

True but it happened in one of those feds really has no buzz around it for people to even notice compared PWG
El Asian

Postby rohgenextfan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:56 pm

toby80 wrote:
rohgenextfan wrote:Kota Ibushi vs Kevin Steen
Kota Ibushi vs Adam Cole
Kota Ibushi vs Richochet
Kota Ibushi and Willie Mack vs The Youngbucks

Ibushi-Ricochet would be insane!

Ibushi & Super Smash Bros. vs Appetite For Destruction & Akira Tozawa, or Unbreakable F'N Steen Machines
Ibushi & Super Smash Bros. vs The Youngbucks &...I don't know who would tag with the Youngbucks. Paul London? Trent??
Ibushi & Super Smash Bros vs Inner City Machine Guns & AR Fox
Ibushi vs Chuck Taylor
rohgenextfan

Postby bennym6 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:30 am

This will never happen but PWG should bring in the colony from Chikara. Fire Ant is criminally underrated.
bennym6

Postby Xlos713 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:17 am

bennym6 wrote:
Xlos713 wrote:and maybe, with the 10th anniversary show, they can move it to a bigger venue. i think PWG can do a lil better thatn 400 people.

Are you serious? A lot of fans would be outraged. PWG needs the Reseda venue. The atmosphere watching the DVD is magical. KurtRusselReunion was awesome. But in Reseda it would have been even more awesome.

dead serious. if they turn people away, then a bigger venue might be needed. PWG seems to out do themselves every year and this being the 10th anniversary, they shouldnt settle for just the 400. Reach for the stars. if it happens, than awesome, but if not, its not like its gonna kill the promotion. Reseda will always be there, the 10th anniversary only comes once.
Xlos713

Postby bennym6 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:48 am

Xlos713 wrote:
bennym6 wrote:

dead serious. if they turn people away, then a bigger venue might be needed. PWG seems to out do themselves every year and this being the 10th anniversary, they shouldnt settle for just the 400. Reach for the stars. if it happens, than awesome, but if not, its not like its gonna kill the promotion. Reseda will always be there, the 10th anniversary only comes once.

Remember when KRR3 had awesome matches with PWG superstars returning? Yeah they got 1/4 of the reaction they would have gotten in Reseda. Screw the big numbers, Reseda is PWG's home. They should never leave IMO.
bennym6

Postby rohgenextfan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:52 pm

bennym6 wrote:Remember when KRR3 had awesome matches with PWG superstars returning? Yeah they got 1/4 of the reaction they would have gotten in Reseda. Screw the big numbers, Reseda is PWG's home. They should never leave IMO.

Are you talking about last year's Wrestle Reunion show? If so, that is flawed logic (I don't mean to offend, I really really don't). Many of those fans were part of a three night wrestling convention, and they were tired. To compound their dreariness, the show was held at noon. Just a few hours after those fans would have woken up from their sleep. Furthermore, those fans had just sat through the Dragon Gate show the night before. Another flaw involves the quiet fans. Though yes, I admit the fans at that show were not as raucous as the fans at Reseda are, but there were moments where the fans popped. The fans were loud and audible during the main event. I remember. I was at that show. Look at my sig below. The fans in my area were audible throughout the night. I was loud, but I hadn't attended the other shows during the convention.

It's possible PWG fans may not be as loud at the Anniversary if it is held in a different venue. But it's also possible that the crowd will be loud if the show is held in a different venue. The loudest pop I heard at a PWG show was when CM Punk walked through the curtain as Ricky Reyes' mystery opponent sometime before he left for WWE, and from what I remember the show was held at a basketball venue of sorts in Hollywood, not at the current Reseda venue.
rohgenextfan

Postby El Asian » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:28 am

Another wrestler I would love to see PWG bring in for the 10th anniversary and someone I'm surprised I forgot to mention, Colt Cabana, I've been hoping for Colt to return to PWG soon

rohgenextfan wrote:
bennym6 wrote:Remember when KRR3 had awesome matches with PWG superstars returning? Yeah they got 1/4 of the reaction they would have gotten in Reseda. Screw the big numbers, Reseda is PWG's home. They should never leave IMO.

Are you talking about last year's Wrestle Reunion show? If so, that is flawed logic (I don't mean to offend, I really really don't). Many of those fans were part of a three night wrestling convention, and they were tired. To compound their dreariness, the show was held at noon. Just a few hours after those fans would have woken up from their sleep. Furthermore, those fans had just sat through the Dragon Gate show the night before. Another flaw involves the quiet fans. Though yes, I admit the fans at that show were not as raucous as the fans at Reseda are, but there were moments where the fans popped. The fans were loud and audible during the main event. I remember. I was at that show. Look at my sig below. The fans in my area were audible throughout the night. I was loud, but I hadn't attended the other shows during the convention.

It's possible PWG fans may not be as loud at the Anniversary if it is held in a different venue. But it's also possible that the crowd will be loud if the show is held in a different venue. The loudest pop I heard at a PWG show was when CM Punk walked through the curtain as Ricky Reyes' mystery opponent sometime before he left for WWE, and from what I remember the show was held at a basketball venue of sorts in Hollywood, not at the current Reseda venue.

I do have to agree with this, there were issues with the WrestleReunion crowd though the 3rd KRR show did have some setbacks but even then, the crowd was still pretty loud, not as loud as Reseda, but it was fine and I'd have to say, I think the loudest reaction in PWG history was the debut of the Necro Butcher, which was held at said Jewish Community Center in Hollywood, honestly though, I wouldn't mind if PWG does end up finding a slightly bigger venue or just stick with the Reseda venue for the 10th anniversary, it'll be fine either way for PWG I think
El Asian

Postby AlexK » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:02 pm

I'm sure a lot of PWG fans will go to the tenth anniversary show, whether it's in the Legion Hall or not.

I know I'd like to.
AlexK

Postby bennym6 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:54 pm

rohgenextfan wrote:

Promoters would kill to have a venue with the atmosphere like Reseda. Yes a bigger venue would be great for the fans who are too lazy to buy a ticket online to guarantee a seat but I would put money on the crowd being way shittier if the show was held in a different venue. I have a theory that the way the sound bounces off the walls makes the crowd even better. For Californians who actually attend the event they might be happier with a bigger venue to guarantee them a seat without buying online but for fans who live in Ireland or other parts of the world who buy the DVDs, they may be annoyed with the shittier crowd. Yes the crowd at KRR3 was good by any other promotion's standards but it wasn't that reaction from the fans that make you want to go apeshit in your fucking house because you love PWG. Seriously, PWG with a lesser crowd is still awesome but the insane Reseda pops are what make matches and moments special. Rant over.
bennym6

Postby OSKMIA » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:22 pm

El Asian wrote:I wouldn't mind if PWG does end up finding a slightly bigger venue or just stick with the Reseda venue for the 10th anniversary, it'll be fine either way for PWG I think

I don't know why, but I always loved the Van Nuys Armory. Not too big, not too small, perfect size imo... a little bummed that we haven't had a show there in a good minute.
OSKMIA

Postby dingo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:17 pm

I have been going to wrestling shows for 22 years and PWG shows for the past 6 years so I have seen many venues but my favorite by far is Reseda. The same crowd in a different venue is just not as hot. The fact that there is a bar there and it is a relatively small place which has great crowd acoustics put it above any other venue PWG might run.
dingo

Postby bennym6 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:29 pm

dingo wrote:I have been going to wrestling shows for 22 years and PWG shows for the past 6 years so I have seen many venues but my favorite by far is Reseda. The same crowd in a different venue is just not as hot. The fact that there is a bar there and it is a relatively small place which has great crowd acoustics put it above any other venue PWG might run.

100% agree. A bigger venue sounds great on paper but the crowd won't be anywhere near as good. Good crowd > more seats but that's me as a fan who buys the DVDs.
bennym6

Postby El Asian » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:05 pm

I agree on why PWG should stick the Reseda place due to the crowd though honestly, I think any PWG fan would support going to shows no matter what venue PWG runs at
El Asian

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:29 pm

It's gotta be at the Legion Hall it just wouldn't be the same somewhere else but thats just me talking .
ShadowMaster

Postby Nasty Nate » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:21 pm

I enjoy the atmosphere but I also enjoy being able to move. I was lucky for my first show because I had front row seats, but if you are sitting anywhere else you are stuck in a sea of people. A good example, if you are sitting by the bar good luck getting to the bathroom.
Nasty Nate

Postby bennym6 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:18 am

El Asian wrote:I agree on why PWG should stick the Reseda place due to the crowd though honestly, I think any PWG fan would support going to shows no matter what venue PWG runs at

I think anyone who goes onto a PWG forum it's safe to say we will support PWG. Different venue doesn't equal bad shows but staying in reseda in my opinion is the right thing to do.
bennym6

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum