A plea to the guys who post-produce the DVDs

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

A plea to the guys who post-produce the DVDs

Postby BrianS » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:26 am

One of the things that I love about PWG and that makes it stand out from other indies is the commentary. Excalibur and the rotating list of color guys are always funny, insightful, etc and a real treat. That being said, can the finished product be mixed a little better? The commentary seems to be at the same level as the crowd and right now my TV volume is jacked up to 20 so I can just hear Excalibur and Steen, though they're still competing with the crowd and it's hard to understand them.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask if anything can be done. Thanks again and keep up the otherwise amazing work!
BrianS

Re: A plea to the guys who post-produce the DVDs

Postby bennym6 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:55 am

I sure hope they don't do anything, PWG commentary is my favorite thing ever! You can hear the crowd fine dude. Also there is always a few guys saying stupid shit the whole time so you'll get infuriated if all you hear is the crowd.
bennym6

Postby Hook The Leg » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:54 pm

I think he is saying that he doesn't want to hear the crowd much, not that he wants to hear it more...
Hook The Leg

Postby bennym6 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:58 am

My bad I skimmed through it. I thought you were saying the opposite. I haven't had much of a problem with that but it has annoyed me once or twice.
bennym6

Postby hey333 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:59 pm

I agree its sometimes hard to hear the commentary. Audio on the crowd/in-ring action should def. be toned down bit more in favor of commentary audio.
hey333

Postby CreedP » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 am

I'd be in favor of higher volume on the commentary as well, especially since you can always turn it off if you want to hear what Kevin Steen was saying during the match or something, heh. :)

CREED
CreedP

Postby wmack » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:49 pm

Agree 100% with the OP. The audio mix on the shows really needs improvement. You shouldn't hear constant distortion whenever someone speaks on the mic.
wmack

Postby The Six » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:05 pm

This sounds like an issue with the recording, and something that can't be helped in mixing.
The Six

Postby BrianS » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:19 pm

Well mixing or recording, the crowd is too loud or the commentators are too quiet and I'm sure it can be fixed...I need to hear Excalibur's witty repartee.
BrianS

Postby Sillentassasin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Just to give some thoughts about this:

It use to be where PWG would record commentary after the event. Usually this would mean that DVD releases would be pretty delayed.

Sometime they transitioned to doing live commentary while the event is going on and this is currently how it's done.

The commentators table is about 5 feet (or less) higher than the crowd but since it's compact, they can't move the commentary away from where they actually are. That's why you hear the crowd bleed into the commentary.

Will this change? Probably not just because this would have to mean that the commentary is not done live or done in the back.

Call it a technical limitation i guess.
Sillentassasin

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum