Fantasy Selection - PWG 2013 'Best Of' DVD Releases

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Fantasy Selection - PWG 2013 'Best Of' DVD Releases

Postby TelkEvolon » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:57 am

With PWG releasing their El Generico 'best of' DVD, I am assuming that there will be more to come in 2013 (hopefully nowhere near as often as ROH seems to be popping them out).

This is pure fantasy talk, but if PWG were to release a new 'best of' DVD compilnation quarterly, what four 2 disk sets would you like to see for 2013?

1. Kevin Steen - Steen is probably the hottest property in the US indy scene and you can't have an El Generico DVD without putting out a Steen DVD. Steen has also has a good history with PWG, having disk one focus on his classic stuff and disk 2 on his new stuff, using his down time in PWG as a gap between the discs. It's a perfect fit of classic and new with an obvious break inbetween.

2. Super Dragon - One of the reasons many fans got in PWG back in the day; Super Dragon was one of the first wrestlers that came to mind when mentioning PWG. He is a classic and an all-star in the company, reaching something of an 'Undertaker' level within PWG. He has had a ton of great and iconic matches and will have no problem filling 2 disks full of quality content.

3. Guerrilla Warfare - These DVD's always sell like hotcakes and PWG had featured a ton of great GW matches over the years, this one really sells itself.

4. Young Bucks - PWG's breakout home-grown tag team, the Young Bucks have had a huge ammount of amazing matches and have been featured in TNA as a top tag team. An obvious choice being PWG grown and having a huge list of great matches, not to mention getting some mainstream attention, this would be a killer set for any fan of tag team wrestling, as you track the evolution of one of the most impressive tag teams of the modern era.
TelkEvolon

Re: Fantasy Selection - PWG 2013 'Best Of' DVD Releases

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:30 pm

The next Best Of would definetly have to be Super Dragon.
Garden State Saint

Postby ajday » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:49 pm

TelkEvolon wrote:With PWG releasing their El Generico 'best of' DVD, I am assuming that there will be more to come in 2013 (hopefully nowhere near as often as ROH seems to be popping them out).

This is pure fantasy talk, but if PWG were to release a new 'best of' DVD compilnation quarterly, what four 2 disk sets would you like to see for 2013?

I'm going to go a different route and say that I would like to see a three-to-five disk set featuring the best of The Dynasty. I know this might be a stretch with how to do things, but I wouldn't mind seeing a set focusing on Joey Ryan, Scott Lost, Chris Bosh and Scorpio Sky. I could see one disk being about the early days of it (before/after Sky joined) and in the middle (with Sky/before Bosh left) and then the later parts that followed. I think it would be a nice way to honor these guys who did a lot for PWG.
ajday

Postby bennym6 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Great topic You have definitely picked the obvious ones. I think a Roderick Strong DVD would be awesome seeing that he has been a regular longer than most people. he has had some insane matches as well especially in tag team affairs.

Side note: I wrote something similar yesterday but forgot to hit submit then forgot about it.
bennym6

Postby Hook The Leg » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:28 am

I think it would be great to also do Best Of's for BOLA and DDT4. Maybe they could also do Bests of different years, i.e. Best of 2003, 2004, etc.
Hook The Leg

Postby El Asian » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:33 pm

a best of Bryan Danielson in PWG would be nice and one I would like to see but would have to go through a bunch of indies that have this footage but I would love for a compilation of all the PWG title defenses that happened outside of PWG
El Asian

Postby TheGhostOfChrisBosh » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:26 am

Why not the best of PWG by years? Example, a three-disc set featuring matches from 2003-2005, one collection for 2006-2008, a collection for 2009-2011, and so on.
TheGhostOfChrisBosh

Postby NirvanaFanEHW » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:49 pm

Personally, I love compilations, so PWG popping them out like ROH does wouldn't bother me.

I'd love to see
- Kevin Steen
- Super Dragon (Maybe a re-release of the Evolution series on DVD, and a new volume or two to pick up on where the last Evolution tape left off (Honestly, I have no idea where in his career it ends). Disadvantage is that it would probably be pretty pricey.
- Best of "The Sweatbox" (Just a set of the best matches from the sweatbox era of PWG)
- International Stars compilation
- Best of (year)
- Best Of BOLA
- Excalibur
- Joey Ryan
- Guerrilla Warfare
NirvanaFanEHW

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:40 am

El Asian wrote:I would love for a compilation of all the PWG title defenses that happened outside of PWG

This could be a real neat idea.
Garden State Saint

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum