Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby notfairtoflair » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:28 pm

My "dream" final two teams are Steen/Tozawa and Omega/Ibushi (hey, Omega came back recently, Super Dragon said he'd love to book them, it could happen). The idea of a Tozawa/Ibushi encounter is so good.
notfairtoflair

Postby The Franchise13 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:28 pm

So.... Ummmm.... Is the mystery still going to continue from Mystery Vortex? C'mon PWG!!! When are the Tix for the next show going on sale?
The Franchise13

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:36 am

I'd love to see Two Skinny Black Guys get back together for this tournament (if Tornado really is back) if Generico doesn't team with someone random like he has been known to do.
PhenomenalTLD

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Just posted on Twitter Elgin and Cage will be teaming up for DDT 4 .
ShadowMaster

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:48 pm

So far 5 teams have been confirmed by PWG Twitter:
The Briscoes
Future Shock
Ricochet & Rich Swann
Brian Cage & Michael Elgin
The Young Bucks

That leaves 3 spots left.... I wonder if the Smash Bros will be in this tournament. You still have Roddy/Eddie & RockNES available. Not to mention El Generico & Kevin Steen teams. Any possible way that a 12 tag team tournament could happen?
The Franchise13

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:06 am

Smash Brothers announced! Gonna be a wild one!
PhenomenalTLD

Postby SlayJ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 am

The Briscoes
Future Shock
Ricochet & Rich Swann
Brian Cage & Michael Elgin
The Young Bucks
The Super Smash Bros.

I'm really digging the field here so far. Four excellent established teams and a couple interesting mash-ups...although I would've liked to have seen Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano brought in over Elgin/Cage. Then again, "Unbreakable Cage" or whatever they'll be called is a pretty impressive looking duo on paper. If there are only going to be eight teams in the tourney, I think Strong & Edwards should pretty much be a given at this point. The last team however, is tough to predict. As much as it pains me to say this (especially since they were my pick to win the 2012 DDT4), I don't think the RockNES Monsters should be included this time. I love those guys and hope they stick around PWG, but their stock is just so low right now that it might be better to wait on them for the time being.

With Adam Cole entering himself and Kyle in the tournament you would think Kevin Steen would follow suit and find a partner to enter the fray with as well. The first three choices of potential partners are both obvious and interesting. Akira Tozawa would be the most awesome choice, especially if it could be kept under wraps. Seeing Tozawa and Mark Briscoe screaming back and forth at each other again would make me very happy! Second choice is Super Dragon. The insane potential of Steen/Dragon was never fully realized due to SD's injury. And Adam Cole would probably soil himself if faced with having to deal with a pissed off Steen AND Super Dragon. 3rd of course is El Generico. I suppose it could be a bit awkward trying to explain the two reuniting with nothing more than a few Youtube videos. But maybe they could pull it off...or even just do an angle on the night of the show where Steen enters the tournament himself and Generico comes out to help him much like Steen did against the Young Bucks. It could definitely work.

They could also pair up a guy like Callihan or Younger with Steen too I suppose. Or maybe they'll go in a totally different direction. It's fun to speculate, but I can't wait to get the official word. This show is going to be awesome!
SlayJ

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:03 pm

I'm wondering if there will be a singles match ? Last year we saw Steen v.s Sami for the title in Callahans debut night .
ShadowMaster

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Never saw the appeal of CHIKARA-brand guys in PWG, especially Chuck Taylor. Guess I'm just cool like that.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby SlayJ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:Never saw the appeal of CHIKARA-brand guys in PWG, especially Chuck Taylor. Guess I'm just cool like that.

I can see how Chuckie (and Chikara as a whole) isn't for everybody. He can be a little bit over the top and wacky. But I totally dig the guy and think he fits in perfectly with PWG. I just wish he was in more as a regular. I suppose you could say he hasn't had that one KILLER performance yet. But the guy has had a bunch of fun matches mixing in some comedy with good solid athletic wrestling. And I think his promos and commentary are entertaining as hell! He creates a good contrast between the more strong style guys and the high flyers and adds a different dimension to the shows. So I'm all for more Chuck Taylor.
SlayJ

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:02 pm

PhenomenalTLD wrote:Smash Brothers announced! Gonna be a wild one!

It would be pretty nutty if they were eliminated in the first round.
Garden State Saint

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:53 am

Garden State Saint wrote:
PhenomenalTLD wrote:Smash Brothers announced! Gonna be a wild one!

It would be pretty nutty if they were eliminated in the first round.

Now that you mention it, that would be pretty awesome.
PhenomenalTLD

Postby bennym6 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:18 am

It's also pretty nutty how Steen and Generico haven't been announced for teams and there is one place left. I didn't believe that Steenerico would be in DDT4 but now it looks like there is a slight chance. I'm still hoping for A4D. Here is my first round matches with Steen and Dragon and if it isn't a two night tournament (highly doubt it will be)

Super Smash Bros vs Dojo Bros
Young Bucks vs Ricochet and Swan
Unbreakable Fucking Machines vs Briscoes
Appetite 4 Destruction vs Future Shock.

God I hope Dragon is back! Him and Steen vs Future Shock would be insane!!
bennym6

Postby BOLA4ever » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:34 am

Steen and Generico and Steen and Dragon please.
Also i want TJ Perkins in the tournament he can team with Willie Mack mabey or BBoy
i dont want the ROCKness Monsters this year but are most likely going to be in it
BOLA4ever

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:Never saw the appeal of CHIKARA-brand guys in PWG, especially Chuck Taylor. Guess I'm just cool like that.

I do consider Chuck Taylor a Chikara guy but never saw him fitting into PWG as anything close to a problem, whereas others might. But thats just me.
Garden State Saint

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:15 pm

I'm digging these ShopTNA commercials with Joey Ryan in them. :lol:
Garden State Saint

Postby bennym6 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:23 am

You can't call your tournament 'the best tournament in all of wrestling' if it has Trent 7 in it. DDT4 is my personal favorite tournament of all time.
bennym6

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:22 pm

bennym6 wrote:You can't call your tournament 'the best tournament in all of wrestling' if it has Trent 7 in it. DDT4 is my personal favorite tournament of all time.

Has he been announced? Have I missed something?
Garden State Saint

Postby bennym6 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:23 am

bennym6 wrote:You can't call your tournament 'the best tournament in all of wrestling' if it has Trent 7 in it. DDT4 is my personal favorite tournament of all time.

Has he been announced? Have I missed something?

No I was talking about DJ Hyde calling 'Best of the Best' the best tournament in all of wrestling.
bennym6

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:56 pm

SlayJ wrote:

I can see how Chuckie (and Chikara as a whole) isn't for everybody. He can be a little bit over the top and wacky. But I totally dig the guy and think he fits in perfectly with PWG. I just wish he was in more as a regular. I suppose you could say he hasn't had that one KILLER performance yet. But the guy has had a bunch of fun matches mixing in some comedy with good solid athletic wrestling. And I think his promos and commentary are entertaining as hell! He creates a good contrast between the more strong style guys and the high flyers and adds a different dimension to the shows. So I'm all for more Chuck Taylor.

He can keep his "entertaining as hell" commentary and promos for CHIKARA. I watch PWG for the wrestling, which is something he doesn't do much of, leading me to think he will have have *that one KILLER performance*.

I do consider Chuck Taylor a Chikara guy but never saw him fitting into PWG as anything close to a problem, whereas others might. But thats just me.

Old PWG, sure, with the promos and segments on DVDs and stuff. Newer PWG? Not even.
Super Dragon Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum