#Dojo Bros in PWG?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

#Dojo Bros in PWG?

Postby Colt Banana » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UODirKmsBeM

Apparently the day before Mystery Vortex, Roderick Strong, Eddie Edwards and Adam Cole formed a stable in PWX called the Dojo Bros and won the tag and singles belts in one night. Now Adam has won the PWG belt and Roddy and Eddie might be winning the tag belts soon. What would you guys think if this stable officially formed in PWG? Personally I think it might be fun to get another stable in PWG, the Dynasty are gone and the Taylor Boys aren't doing much since Chuck doesn't get booked too often and Brian seems to be doing mostly singles matches these days
Colt Banana

Re: #Dojo Bros in PWG?

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:29 am

I say leave it alone...
PWG does not need stables. And besides, The Dynasty just ended.. how about giving a little more time before starting up another stable (especially one that will actaully work like the dynasty & not like the half-assed idea of forming the Fightin' Taylor Boys, which I still see no use for). Adam Cole's run in PWG is fine just the way it is going. The man won BOLA on his 'own' and won the PWG title on his 'own,' Cole does not need Edwards or Strong at his side in PWG. Besides, Cole is still part of 'Future Shock' with O'Riley. And let's not get ahead of ourselves with Edwards & Strong. There only the top contender' to the belts becuase there are no other tag teams in PWG that are a 'threat' to SSB (at the moment). Bucks are on the 'backburner' for a while, RockNES aint happening... So who else is left? Teaming up Edwards & Strong was cool, and without a doubt they tore shit up at Mystery Vortex. Awesome matches all around. But still, i dont' see Edwards & Strong becoming Tag Team Champs nor do I see the need for another stable... :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Itchypanda » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:23 pm

I never liked the idea of stables. Loose alliances, fine...but stables is very 90's to me. I know if you go back to the 80's you have the Four Horsemen and the Heenan Family and Jimmy Hart's guys but they were always set up to take advantage of a monster face (e.g. the Four Horsemen vs. Dusty Rhodes, Hennan Family vs. Hogan, etc.). I know you can counter this by saying that Dusty sought help from the Road Warriors and Nikita Koloff; Hogan sought help from Orndorff, Andre then Randy Savage and so on and so on. But, they faces had loose alliances that didn't last for long. In the 90's, each of the major feds went crazy drawing battle lines between groups/gangs. It got played out when the NWO splintered into a dozen factions. I like PWG to be the counter of all these ideas. It's just my two cents.
Itchypanda

Postby SlayJ » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Regarding the first topic, I don't see a reason for Cole, Edwards and Strong to form an alliance in PWG right now. And I'm a guy who typically likes having fueds and factions spill over from one promotion to another (instead of having guys being mortal enemies in one place and best buds in another...always thought that was lame). I could see Adam having a loose partnership with The Bucks and occasionally teaming with them if a show needs a big 6-man tag. But nothing beyond that at the moment.

As far as stables in general go, I love the idea if there's a strong heel manager in place that can stir up some shit on the microphone. Unfortunately that is largely a lost art these days (with a few exceptions here and there). But if somehow someway a young Cornette, Heenan, Sweeney, Dangerously type of guy could emerge to lead a group of heels in PWG, I'd totally dig it!
SlayJ

Postby AndyDiaz » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:06 am

Honestly, I think a stable in PWG would benefit PWG and all 3 men. It would give adam cole more heat if they had constant run-ins, which no one likes seeing (Only if its for storyline purposes obviously) and it would give roddy and eddy tons of character which they could definitely use.
AndyDiaz

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum