Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Returns December 1!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Returns December 1!

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:08 pm

Of course the local guys have to be good to begin with to be in PWG. I'm not saying that boring or talentless wrestlers should be booked. I believe in bringing guys who got potential not the guys that suck. Bring in guys with talent and develop them so that they can become even better, that is my point. How do you think CM Punk and Chris Hero got that good? Do you think they just walked into ROH? No they were given an opportunity to work and develop their skill by a promoter who saw great possibility in them.

Now I've been to several SoCal promotions and I saw many guys that sucked but I also saw guys that were very promising, so why not see them in PWG? Everyone is sleeping on Suburban Commandoes while they are one of the most intense tag teams on the west coast. Fly In's are expansive and I think one of the reasons PWG runs once every 40 to 50 days. I think with local talent and less expansive shows you can run more often. The early PWG was all about local talent, barely anyone got flown in and it worked really well, PWG was always awesome.

Anyways I love PWG as it is and I'm not trying to tell them what to do, just sharing my thoughts.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:36 pm

ajday wrote:It was announced that this will be Joey's last show.

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/268924874200842240

Sad to see this, but at hopefully this means he'll be at TNA for a while.

TigerDriver98 wrote:Sad to hear about Joey leaving. It is hard to imagine a PWG without Joey Ryan. He is probably the most under appreciated performer ever in the promotion. I hope he gets big send off here.

yeah, I agree that it sucks that Joey is leaving, I'm sure he'll get a nice sendoff, though I wonder against who though, I do hope he does well in TNA as well and hope TNA is smart enough to keep Morgan and Joey together
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:17 am

El Asian wrote:

TigerDriver98 wrote:Sad to hear about Joey leaving. It is hard to imagine a PWG without Joey Ryan. He is probably the most under appreciated performer ever in the promotion. I hope he gets big send off here.

yeah, I agree that it sucks that Joey is leaving, I'm sure he'll get a nice sendoff, though I wonder against who though, I do hope he does well in TNA as well and hope TNA is smart enough to keep Morgan and Joey together

My guess would be b boy considering their history.
eastbay510

Postby ShadowMaster » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:32 am

krayzie Bone wrote:I don't understand all this hate for B Boy. PWG is booking him cause he is one of the best local guys around. Of all the Dragon Gate guys out there all you want to see is Tozawa? Why?
Who is gonna pay for an airline ticket from Japan? You guys have to realize that PWG will go broke if every wrestler on the card is a fly in. I personally would like to see less fly in's, less ROH guys and more local guys. Its the local guys that need exposure, ROH guys are already over, PWG is just another fed that they wrestle in, no matter how often they get on the mic and say, "this is my favorite place to wrestle" lol

Give younger local guys a chance to shine and make name for themselves. Local guys are not gonna be noticed wrestling for shitty ass wrestling promotions in California that don't even get filmed. PWG is the only place in Cali where shit matters and from where future important bookings may follow.

I know I'm shooting like a mother fucker right now but its the God damn truth boy.

I hear what your saying especially since PWG is hands down the best California Indy Promotion around and if not the best Indy Wrestling Comp around and it's good to see local talent getting a look in a PWG ring but I don't think PWG should just depend on local guys to fill slots for there shows . There's a reason PWG is the best Indy wrestling brand in the U.S and thats cause they bring in the best talent around . I tend to look at other wrestling promotions around the California area to see if there's any match's I would see and about 90% of the time there's only about one match on the card I would make the drive for and pay to go see . I do agree that PWG would go broke if all the talent were fly in's but like I said up top there is a reason PWG is what it is now and that's cause you can see the top Indy wrestlers from around the world in a PWG ring .
ShadowMaster

Postby ajday » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:11 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
El Asian wrote:

My guess would be b boy considering their history.

When I first posted this, I wanted to say Scorpio Sky should come back to continue his streak of retiring old Dynasty members and for one last personal hoorah, too. But I doubt we'll ever see him in a PWG ring, even with Joey leaving.
ajday

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:38 pm

With the events that went on today and since this show is yet to have a title, I think it would be apropos if it were Twinkie related.
eastbay510

Postby bennym6 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:42 am

Eh. I think a Twinkie title would be funny but just like WINNING, it will be old news by December 1st. As for Joey leaving I'm super sad. He is so fucking underrated. I think he'll wrestle B-Boy because that makes the most sense out of their current roster, maybe El Generico....

My card:

Steen vs Cole
SSB vs RockNES
Brian Cage vs El Generico
Roddy and Eddie vs Young Bucks
Rich Swann vs Sami Callihan
Willie Mack vs Drake
Joey Ryan vs B-Boy

That's just out of the guys listed, I assume there will be more guys. i hope we get a big surprise return to close out the year eg. (Omega, Taylor, London, Tozawa).

Only in PWG am I extremely excited to see results. Hopefully they call it "Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Last Show of the Year" like I hoped for in twitter.
bennym6

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:53 pm

Since the show is taking place in December and is the last show of 2012, it should have Mayan calendar, end of the world type of theme.
krayzie Bone

Postby bennym6 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:43 am

krayzie Bone wrote:Since the show is taking place in December and is the last show of 2012, it should have Mayan calendar, end of the world type of theme.

That would actually fit well. It will still be relevant until at least till the end of the month.
bennym6

Postby talley_1986 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:43 pm

I know the chances are slim to none, but for Joey's final match, I can't think of a better opponent than Super Dragon. It's Joey's biggest PWG feud and remains one of the biggest feuds in PWG history. I know when Dragon came back last year, seeing one last Joey/Dragon match was one of my hopeful matches for Dragon.
talley_1986

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:56 pm

talley_1986 wrote:I know the chances are slim to none, but for Joey's final match, I can't think of a better opponent than Super Dragon. It's Joey's biggest PWG feud and remains one of the biggest feuds in PWG history. I know when Dragon came back last year, seeing one last Joey/Dragon match was one of my hopeful matches for Dragon.

Excellent idea this is a good time for Dragon to come back
krayzie Bone

Postby Nasty Nate » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:28 am

What ever happened to that other ring announcer that(to the best of my knowledge) used to do every show?
Nasty Nate

Postby luca brasi » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:16 pm

Jon Ian? He's still around and is heavily involved in CWF Hollywood. He has a busy full time college basketball coaching schedule and has had some health issues in recent times.
luca brasi

Postby the.devil.himself » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:02 pm

is anybody driving from san diego? i need a ride if there's someone kind enough..
the.devil.himself

Postby Nasty Nate » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Thanks for the info, looked up his basketball bio, he should rock the suit next time hes back
Nasty Nate

Postby Itchypanda » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:44 pm

I would personally love a memorable Joey Ryan exit with him costing Steen the title and ushering a new age of the Panama City Playboy.
Itchypanda

Postby eldink » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:55 pm

no talk of scott lost .... hope candice shows up ...and some of joey's students....should be a nice tribute... hope it stays classy
eldink

Postby ajday » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:54 pm

eldink wrote:no talk of scott lost .... hope candice shows up ...and some of joey's students....should be a nice tribute... hope it stays classy

I think this might be the first time I've heard "hope it stays classy" in a phrase about Joey Ryan.
ajday

Postby krayzie Bone » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:17 pm

One week away, no card and no name yet, I'm beginning to have a funny feeling about this, I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully PWG will surprise us.
krayzie Bone

Postby bennym6 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:06 am

krayzie Bone wrote:One week away, no card and no name yet, I'm beginning to have a funny feeling about this, I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully PWG will surprise us.

They said before hand that they wouldn't tell us the card as an experiment. Being a PWG nerd from across the world (Ireland) I get super excited just reading the results and tweets/comments people have about the show that I will get from PWG's website delivered. So them not announcing the card has made me 10x more excited for the results. The only bad part is that I love reading the card and getting excited for it even if I'll have to wait at least two months to actually watch it.

I'm surprised they didn't at least tell us the name but that also adds a level of excitement.
bennym6

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum