Steen beat. Aries

Disco and Nemesis def. Rocky Romero and TJ Perkins

Sabin def. Joey Ryan by DQ

Cape Fear over Briscoes

AD over Claudio
-Nate said this match was just one big headlock. Question

B-Boy over Sydal

Arrogance over Davey and SD to win the tag titles
-Richards fucked up his knee again. Joey and Sky interfered costing the match for SD/Davey. After the match All 4 fucked up SD and Davey. Joey gave SD a Mostache ride onto some tables. Apparently Dragon got fucked up and an ambulance was called. I was told some fan spat at SKy and a scuffle happened. Sky told the dude to meet him outside for some shit. The four are now known as the Dynasty (It's the Roc, Holla!)

Nate told me as he was leaving there was a fight that looked legit between Lost and Davey. There's some stairs the wrestlers have to climb in order to get to the dressing room and the two went at it all the way down (they didn't fall.)

Some crazy shit, son!

MOTN: Briscoes/Cape Fear
ROshamBO

Postby Ocire » Sun May 21, 2006 8:57 am

Yes, American Dragon was in a headlock from Claudio for a good 10-12 minutes. Covers were still made, back breakers still applied, but the headlock was never released. Until the end, when American Dragon broke free and was able to get the win.
Ocire

Postby luca brasi » Sun May 21, 2006 11:30 am

Ocire wrote:Yes, American Dragon was in a headlock from Claudio for a good 10-12 minutes. Covers were still made, back breakers still applied, but the headlock was never released. Until the end, when American Dragon broke free and was able to get the win.

Really good shit. Something diferent, and exciting! Crowd went apeshit at the end.
luca brasi

Postby jayk359 » Sun May 21, 2006 12:14 pm

that American Dragon match really really sucked!
jayk359

Postby KickToKill » Sun May 21, 2006 6:21 pm

Rocky Romero is the man
KickToKill

Postby HeartPunch33 » Tue May 23, 2006 11:37 am

Any word on the lineup for the next card?
HeartPunch33

Postby WannaB » Tue May 23, 2006 3:52 pm

HeartPunch33 wrote:Any word on the lineup for the next card?

No matches were announced at the end of the show for the next event, and it will probably be a week or more until PWG posts a press release for the upcoming event.
WannaB

Postby ROshamBO » Tue May 23, 2006 4:25 pm

Id expect perhaps Richards/SD vs Ryan/Sky just me predicting dont take it as gospel
ROshamBO

Postby onlxn » Tue May 23, 2006 9:14 pm

No Davey, unfortunately, as he's debuting for ROH on 6/3. By the same token, no Danielson, no Aries, no Strong, no Briscoes, no Cabana. Fuckin' ROH. And I'm pretty sure Sydal will be in Japan by then, too. Shelley's not advertised for ROH, though, so it's possible we could see him. Ditto A.J., though it seems like he may be off PWG's radar for the time being...

Really, it's a fine time for a show without many big non-local names. 6/3 should be all about cementing the Dynasty as the center of the promotion, so it'd actually help to not have other high-profile "dream matches" on the show. Something like Cape Fear/Briscoes, Sky/SD, Frankie/Joey and Sabin/Shelley would definitely get my money.
onlxn

Postby onlxn » Tue May 23, 2006 9:23 pm

I meant Cape Fear/Arrogance, not Cape Fear/Briscoes. I no so good weet da kompyooturz. Also, I can't tell if they're booked elsewhere or not, but Hero and Claudio may be around as well...
onlxn

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue May 23, 2006 10:50 pm

I believe Hero and Claudio are in Mexico, Frankie Kazarian is at a "Children's Charity" show on June 3rd, along with AJ Styles and others.

I'm really curious as to who and what is on the next show. Pretty much all of PWG's variable outside talent are elsewhere that day. Except Jimmy Yang who isn't listed for the ROH show, so maybe he'll do a PWG farewell (hopefully with Bruce Leroy!). As for others... maybe M-Dogg 20? or perhaps an off the radar debut?

Thankfully, this show doesn't really need outside talent in order to be interesting. The Dynasty angle last show came off really well, and there are enough places they can go with it to make this a good show. A pissed off Super Dragon seeking revenge ALWAYS makes for memorable stuff.

Beside, I find that often the local heavy shows turn out to be some of the more entertaining shows. "Use Your Illusion 3", "After School Special" and "Cruisin' For a Brusin'" come to mind. When worse comes to worse, I really believe that PWG has the best "skeleton crew" on the Indies (the European Shows proved that IMO) Even when they aren't overflowing with "name" talent, you can always count on PWG to deliever. Can't wait to see what they have for us on the 3rd.
TigerDriver98

Postby onlxn » Wed May 24, 2006 7:56 am

TigerDriver98 wrote:I believe Hero and Claudio are in Mexico, Frankie Kazarian is at a "Children's Charity" show on June 3rd, along with AJ Styles and others.

Crap, that's right. Knew I was forgetting something. And Shelley's on that show, too.

I'm really curious as to who and what is on the next show. Pretty much all of PWG's variable outside talent are elsewhere that day. Except Jimmy Yang who isn't listed for the ROH show, so maybe he'll do a PWG farewell (hopefully with Bruce Leroy!). As for others... maybe M-Dogg 20? or perhaps an off the radar debut?

Yang's fine, and M-Dogg looked decent at ASW3, but I'd almost rather that PWG just had a really bare-bones show than bring in guys like this, as I agree with you that the "skeleton crew" shows can be really fun.

Seems doubtful that we'll get a faces vs. Dynasty eight-man tag, as they'll need to split that talent up to fill out the card. The real question is how they use SD. You want him to be fucking people up and looking for revenge, but at the same time, you don't want any Dynasty guys jobbing just yet. Maybe SD/B-Boy vs. Joey/Scorpio or some such? Cape Fear/Arrogance seems like a good fit, as CF holds a recent win over Arrogance, and they're such pure babyfaces that Arrogance couldn't help but be booed. Steen and Sabin are around, and maybe they'll put Rocky and T.J. in higher-profile positions to compensate for all the missing guys... will be interesting to see.

It's funny -- I'm almost more pumped to hear about this card than I usually am about the star-studded ones.
onlxn

Postby shyboy13 » Wed May 24, 2006 8:39 am

I personally like the star-studded shows more but everyone has an opinion I guess. Just a question: are guys like Shelly, Richards, Sabin, Hero, Castignoli (sp?), Steen and others considered "stars" or "staples" since they can be looked at either way? Are we suggesting having a show without those guys? Either way, at least we can still have guys like Dragon, Kazarian, Romero, B-Boy, and Perkins who are big stars but can always show up because of their relative proximity to the JCC. Come to think of it, we have a bunch of "staples" who are also "stars" so maybe it would be impossibe to have as how without "stars".
shyboy13

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Thu May 25, 2006 9:54 am

Loaded shows with fly-ins are always fun but shows with less fly-ins seem to deliver. It doesn't really matter who comes as long as PWG continues to run shows, then people will turn out no matter who's on the card
WrestlingFanMatt

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum