DVD Help for a Relative Newcomer

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

DVD Help for a Relative Newcomer

Postby jetsrock2k5 » Sun May 21, 2006 8:30 pm

Hey guys. I'm a bit of a PWG newbie. I have BOLA and ASW 1 Night 1. I am a big fan of ROH but I want to experience some new stuff. Also, Dynasty sounds awesome. I'm a big fans of dominating heel alliances and this sounds like a sweet one. So I want to start getting some more PWG dvds. I'm going to a TNA house show and Highspots will be selling PWG dvds there so I want to pick up some. So I have a few questions. First, is Astonishing X-Mas a must have dvd? What 2006 dvds should I get? Also, I have heard a lot of great things about Use Your Illusion 4. How does that rank among the top PWG dvds? Thanks for your help!
jetsrock2k5

Postby WannaB » Mon May 22, 2006 12:34 am

"Astonishing X-Mas" was a solid event, but don't expect it to be on par with BOLA or ASW 1. Those two (double) shows are considered the best PWG shows out there by a lot of people. "Astonishing" was a good show, but if you were there the Guerrilla Warfare match will seem more exciting than to someone who wasn't there. It's always like that.

"Use Your Illusion 4" was also another good show. The Iron Man match is worth the purchase alone.

Thus far for 2006 the bulk of the shows have been great, so any 2006 show really won't be a dissapointment, but I wasn't to thrilled about the "(Please Don't Call It) The O.C." show. "Thunderdome" & "Globetrotters" were really good. "Permanent Vacation/Card Subject To Change 2" was a really good one that I'd recommend. "All Star Weekend 3" was also good. Night 2 was very good. And the event from last night "Enchantment Under The Sea" is a must have even if you aren't into the dynasty angle. The whole show was really solid.
WannaB

Postby jetsrock2k5 » Mon May 22, 2006 5:27 pm

Thanks for the help. Also, can anyone let me know how Chanukah Chaos and Crusin' for a Brusin' are? I'm really interested in the latter but I read that the stationary camera work was bad. Was it bad enough to effect the quality of the event or was it just annoying but not detracting from the event?
jetsrock2k5

Postby WannaB » Mon May 22, 2006 11:21 pm

Chanukah was a pretty decent show, as was the camera work.

I haven't picked up Cruisin' yet. The show was also a decent one. The camera work isn't something that would detract terribly, but I've heard Cruisin's camera work wasn't the best. I have to apologize for Cruisin' since I was the one who filmed on the HardCam. Everything since has been much better I assure you.

Take ASW 1 for example. The hardcam is horrible, but the show is so good that you really don't notice unless you're told or focusing on the camera work itself. (I didn't do ASW 1 by the way... lol)
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Tue May 23, 2006 2:38 pm

I actually have no complaints about the camera work on Cruisin For a Bruisin. By the way it was a great show with an awesome main event pitting the World Tag Team Champions Super Dragon & Davey Richards against Cape Fear.
CheMateo

Postby Nick "MD" Bes » Wed May 24, 2006 12:03 pm

:D Greetings to everyone on the PWG forums. Since I am new here I shall tell you about how I became a PWG fan. I went to the European Vacation - England event on Feb 19th with my friend Dan. It was the first time either him or me had even seen a PWG event and we both loved it! Since then we have become fans! If you look closely, you can see him and me on the PWG European Vacation - England dvd. He's the guy waering a yellow Flash t - shirt and i'm the guy sitting to his keft wearing an AJ Styles t - shirt. You can even hear me on the dvd! When Kevin Steen says "Security, get that man out if here!" About two seconds later I say "What security?" Bad anyways, i'm looking to buy more PWG dvd's and I was wondering which event was it the had the Sol Cal match of the year between AXP and Bosh and Lost?
Nick "MD" Bes

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed May 24, 2006 12:11 pm

Nick "MD" Bes wrote:I was wondering which event was it the had the So Cal match of the year between AXP and Bosh and Lost?

"The 2nd Annual PWG Bicentennial Birthday Extravaganza" - Night One.

Very good show.
TigerDriver98

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum