Jay Lethal vs. Willie Mack

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Jay Lethal vs. Willie Mack

Postby Itchypanda » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 am

This match is happening Sunday (8/26/12) in Monrovia, CA. Young Bucks, Chuck Taylor, Peter Avalon, Ray Rosas, Famous B, Chris Kadillak, B-Boy and many others. Tables match, cage match, triple threat ladder match. Sounds fairly stacked for a regional card, plus they're flying talent in. It's $1.99 or $5 (depending on the tier) for the iPPV and/or $15 door entry. I'm debating whether to see this live. Anyone been to an IWL show before? Are the matches good, short, long...? Website is theiwl.com.
Itchypanda

Re: Jay Lethal vs. Willie Mack

Postby The Franchise13 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:48 pm

I have gone to a few IWL shows this year. I will be going to their show on Sunday. As far as quality of their shows/matches, it all depends who is wrestling. IWL is run by a group of friends, which sadly, sometimes just dont know how to step off from the spotlight. They have bad storylines which sometimes bring down the quality of the matches or the mood of the night. If u were to put that aside, which I always do, their wrestlers really put on a show. Bucks are always amazing aswell as Rosas and Kadillak. I saw a table match once at IWL, and It was 5 stars type of match.

Another bad thing about IWL is the crowds. When they were in Chino, it was a mixed crowd of disrespectful people aswell as people who screamed just to try to get attention.
The Franchise13

Postby Itchypanda » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:38 pm

The Franchise13 wrote:I have gone to a few IWL shows this year. I will be going to their show on Sunday. As far as quality of their shows/matches, it all depends who is wrestling. IWL is run by a group of friends, which sadly, sometimes just dont know how to step off from the spotlight. They have bad storylines which sometimes bring down the quality of the matches or the mood of the night. If u were to put that aside, which I always do, their wrestlers really put on a show. Bucks are always amazing aswell as Rosas and Kadillak. I saw a table match once at IWL, and It was 5 stars type of match.

Another bad thing about IWL is the crowds. When they were in Chino, it was a mixed crowd of disrespectful people aswell as people who screamed just to try to get attention.

Thanks for the info. I'm still on the fence of whether to drive to Monrovia or just order the iPPV. I'm a little worried that the iPPV will be a bit low-rent. Anyone else have a different experience?
Itchypanda

Postby luca brasi » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:45 pm

the IWL guys are good kids and try hard, but like another post said, they cant keep the spotlight off themselves, a common problem at indy shows. This problem stems from the fact they were predominantly untrained backyarders who could not /would not get booked anywhere so they had to create their own show. I know it may sound like I'm bashing them but I'm really not, they seem to legitimately try to learn for the most part, but they manage to get names on their cards because they are not afraid to spend money. I can't imagine the fed keeps going though; however, they've already lasted longer than I thought they would.
So in answer to your question... look at the card. If there are wrestlers/matches you want to see, it's worth checking out.
luca brasi

Postby Itchypanda » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:07 pm

luca brasi wrote:the IWL guys are good kids and try hard, but like another post said, they cant keep the spotlight off themselves, a common problem at indy shows. This problem stems from the fact they were predominantly untrained backyarders who could not /would not get booked anywhere so they had to create their own show. I know it may sound like I'm bashing them but I'm really not, they seem to legitimately try to learn for the most part, but they manage to get names on their cards because they are not afraid to spend money. I can't imagine the fed keeps going though; however, they've already lasted longer than I thought they would.
So in answer to your question... look at the card. If there are wrestlers/matches you want to see, it's worth checking out.

Thank you. I think I will check out the matches, Lethal vs. Mack is a great selling point.
Itchypanda

Postby The Franchise13 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:12 am

If u can make it to the show, I suggest for u to go. This is their Anniversary show, so their is no question about it, they will not be holding back. They are going to have a steel cage match and a ladder match between Rosas, Kadillak and Famous B.
The Franchise13

Postby Itchypanda » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:09 pm

The IWL show was excellent. The Last Man Standing match between B-Boy and Bateman was brutal and bloody. The ladder match (Kadillac vs. Famous B. vs. R. Rosas) was probably MOTN with Rosas flying off the rafters near the ceiling for an insane dive. Lethal vs. Mack was a great match. Cage match and tables match were underwhelming. Chuck Taylor entertained in a 4-Corners match and the Young Bucks delivered in a good tag team guantlet match. I may go back. I hope people caught the iPPV for $1.99.
Itchypanda

Postby loserkings007 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:34 pm

I checked out the show and boy it was great. Pretty fun experience. The Ladder Match was my Match of the Night, though I loved Mack/Lethal and the Tag Match aswell. Chuck Taylor sat next to me during his match, and I was the one that gave that PATHETIC slap to the one wrestler during the table match. I held back in the last second. Fun night, might check out their next show.
loserkings007

Postby The Franchise13 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:38 pm

The show was great. There were a few matches that stand out more than the others. I personally believed the show went too long. Ladder match was MOTN (as expected) and the Bucks aswell as Chuck Taylor were fun to watch
Disappointed in the tables match and the steel cage match. Both of those matches were very sloppy. Mack/Lethal was good.... but I was expecting better. You can tell that their match was too rehearsed.

On a side note, it was nice to see Christopher Daniels in the crowd. He was cool and taking pictures with the fans.
The Franchise13

Return to General Discussion