Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Hook The Leg » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:51 pm

loserkings007 wrote:Not going to lie, gotta thank you. Haven't picked up BOLA 2007 yet and I see it for $5 a night. Going to see whatelse I can pick up, missing a few in 2008.

No problem! Glad I could help
Hook The Leg

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:47 am

that $5 sale they're having right now is a good way to fill in gaps for cheap.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby MFKR78 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:44 am

Well my post to try and instigate conversation was no-sold!
MFKR78

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:58 pm

MFKR78 wrote:Well my post to try and instigate conversation was no-sold!

I'll do it for the novelty.

MFKR78 wrote:Seeing as I don't yet know loads about PWG I'll use here to ask a few random questions!

What's happened to Super Dragon this time? Is the injury bad and do you expect him to come back again?!

How come Candice LeRae is the only women that wrestles the men in PWG? I don't mind women's wrestling much but am not desperate to see it so I don't have a problem with there being no division, but I find it odd that she is the 1 woman that continually wrestles men on the card.

Has anyone ever thought of a secondary singles title in PWG or is the roster not big enough to carry such a title?!

Do you miss storylines and wish there were a few more or are people happy with PWG being pretty much 100% wrestling? Personally I'm a big fan of it as if I want to see the silly storylines I'd watch WWE which I can't anymore (I would have said TNA but actually they've improved so much I really enjoy them at the mo) and the indy companies that have changed (see ROH) have changed for the worse in my opinion. I'm quite happy to have supercards with so much wrestling in PWG and don't see the need for more drama and backstage stuff. I used to be a huge ROH fan but now if I want to see awesome wrestling this is the place to be for it.

Whatever happened to Paul London and is he done with wrestling or something? I recall reading something about him falling out with PWG and that was why Ricochet replaced him with Generico ages back, but I'm wondering whatever happened to him generally too. To be honest I think he's an awesome wrestler and I miss watching him but it seems like he's burnt out with the business or something (thanks Vince) and I can never quite work him out on a personal level from shoots I've seen as he can be pretty wacky and out there (Project Paul London was just mostly bizarre)

Also love the commentary on PWG being so un-PC, it's refreshing and fun in this day and age! Nearly spat my drink out in surprise last night when Chris Hero randomly dropped an N bomb during the American Wolves/Super Smash Brothers match on Fear! Did anyone notice that?!

What is everyone's all time favourite match in PWG?!

i. Super Dragon's being Super Dragon. I'm sure at this point he just likes to fuck with people, which sucks because he's still my favorite wrestler. Super Dragon, if you see this, I hate/love you.

ii. No need/market for a women's division in PWG. Candice is cool, though, and other women have been brought in to face her.

iii. As for a secondary title, with PWG's shows being fewer a year, it's not really needed either. A World and/or Tag Title match, plus whatever else attractions are on the card are usually enough.

iv. I liked PWG storylines, such as the PWG Six vs disgruntled wrestlers in the early days, Super Dragon vs Joey Ryan, Super Dragon vs Kevin Steen, Chris Hero vs Human Tornado, just to name a few; but I wouldn't say I miss them. Yet again, I don't think PWG runs enough shows for major storylines, though there has still been stuff like the Steen/Generico rivalry in PWG, Generico/Ricochet, etc.

v. London still wrestles, just not for PWG. I'd love to see London in PWG, though, so it'd be cool if him and PWG squash whatever beef they have and he comes back. Then again, it's not my choice, or anyone else's besides PWG's and London's. Oh, and bringing back Brian Kendrick would be cool too.

vi. Sure did. PWG commentary is great, and Excalibur does a really good job with it, even when alone. He said he steals his stuff from Bryce or whatever, but I still prefer Excalibur above all other commentators. He has such a great ability to talk and provide insight, especially with his intelligence and wit. Other instances of non-PC commentary include something about Chris Benoit's literal Suicide Dives from some Taylor Boys match, and something about Michael Vic.

vii. I wouldn't say I have a definite one.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby ad.breed » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:12 am

Hey good news everyone! Johnny Gargano is going to save independent wrestling!
ad.breed

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:31 am

MFKR78 wrote:Has anyone ever thought of a secondary singles title in PWG or is the roster not big enough to carry such a title?!

With DDT4 and BOLA being annual events crowning different wrestlers I almost think of those as secondary titles in a way.
Garden State Saint

Postby Nasty Nate » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:38 am

ad.breed wrote:Hey good news everyone! Johnny Gargano is going to save independent wrestling!

lol
Nasty Nate

Postby loserkings007 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:58 am

ad.breed wrote:Hey good news everyone! Johnny Gargano is going to save independent wrestling!

Interesting move by Gargano. Thought he would sign. Either way, 2 fantastic matches by him this weekend. Hope we can make a PWG appearance.
loserkings007

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:31 am

I'm currently watching Death To All But Metal and it's been such a fantastic show. All I have left is Ricochet vs. Generico. This show has been flying by as well.
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:07 pm

if they ever come back from their busy schedule with NJPW though they are the current IWGP Jr. Heavyweight champion, so that might be a bit harder but I would love for Alex Koslov and Rocky Romero challenge for the PWG tag titles in a future show
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:16 am

El Asian wrote:if they ever come back from their busy schedule with NJPW though they are the current IWGP Jr. Heavyweight champion, so that might be a bit harder but I would love for Alex Koslov and Rocky Romero challenge for the PWG tag titles in a future show

Koslov & Romero vs. The Super Smash Brothers sounds like an All Star Weekend matchup. I like it.
Garden State Saint

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:24 am

davey interview. takes a lot of shots at steen, also i never knew he and roddy didn't get along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsXCw3gs ... re=related
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby El Asian » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:41 am

so I got my tickets for Comic Con next year today, which is July 18 to 21, although PWG probably doesn't have a date for Ten (which I will assume PWG will name their, and I can't believe its almost 10 years already, 10th anniversary show) set, I really hope PWG doesn't run a show during Comic Con, they didn't this year but I'm just throwing that out there, if they do though and I think they might since PWG runs the anniversary shows around that time frame as of late
El Asian

Postby loserkings007 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Just saw BOLA 2007 Night 3, such a great show
loserkings007

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:01 am

El Asian wrote:so I got my tickets for Comic Con next year today, which is July 18 to 21, although PWG probably doesn't have a date for Ten (which I will assume PWG will name their, and I can't believe its almost 10 years already, 10th anniversary show) set, I really hope PWG doesn't run a show during Comic Con, they didn't this year but I'm just throwing that out there, if they do though and I think they might since PWG runs the anniversary shows around that time frame as of late

If the talent and venue is available they gotta pull the trigger.
Garden State Saint

Postby luca brasi » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:05 am

I doubt they would ever run SDCC weekend. I think guys like Joey Ryan and Excalibur go to it every year and wouldn't risk missing it!
Plus I think they know aLOT of their fans go to ComicCon...
luca brasi

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:20 pm

luca brasi wrote:I doubt they would ever run SDCC weekend. I think guys like Joey Ryan and Excalibur go to it every year and wouldn't risk missing it!

Better yet: have PWG at SDCC! Everybody's-a-happy!
Super Dragon Mark

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:30 am

Today I saw a Dino Winwood look-a-like. Should I be concerned?
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:
luca brasi wrote:I doubt they would ever run SDCC weekend. I think guys like Joey Ryan and Excalibur go to it every year and wouldn't risk missing it!

sadly, it isn't that easy, running a show in San Diego during Comic Con might cost too much and finding a perfect venue around the same area around the Gaslamp district and San Diego Convention Center and space is usually taken by other companies anyways although there is interest in wrestling for Comic Con as WWE has their panel during Comic Con and I believe last year, I saw people line up to take pictures with Roddy Piper (but not Wrestling Superstar Virgil) and even if PWG runs a show during Comic Con, its gonna be a bitch to find parking for people visiting San Diego for a day during Comic Con unless you are already staying there for Comic Con and then trying to draw crowds could be hard for PWG though maybe with PWG's loyal fanbase, it could draw people to come to San Diego, M1W tried to run shows in San Diego, they only manage to draw 100 people though
El Asian

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:14 pm

El Asian wrote:
Super Dragon Mark wrote:

sadly, it isn't that easy, running a show in San Diego during Comic Con might cost too much and finding a perfect venue around the same area around the Gaslamp district and San Diego Convention Center and space is usually taken by other companies anyways although there is interest in wrestling for Comic Con as WWE has their panel during Comic Con and I believe last year, I saw people line up to take pictures with Roddy Piper (but not Wrestling Superstar Virgil) and even if PWG runs a show during Comic Con, its gonna be a bitch to find parking for people visiting San Diego for a day during Comic Con unless you are already staying there for Comic Con and then trying to draw crowds could be hard for PWG though maybe with PWG's loyal fanbase, it could draw people to come to San Diego, M1W tried to run shows in San Diego, they only manage to draw 100 people though

I meant a show at Comic Con, you know, in the venue itself. Like, SDCC hosting a PWG event during the convention sponsored by the SDCC. The SDCC gives Dragon, Excal' and whoever's running the show for the talent booked and a little extra to justify it. It's happened before with comic conventions, and other conventions and events as well - I've been there for a couple since I'm friends with quite a bit of wrestlers. On a side note, Michael Elgin hates pizza. Then again, I was saying it jokingly, but if it actually ever happens, that's cool too. I think it'd be a nice little show, with 6 - 8 matches with mostly local guys, with a few bigger Indy names and some recognizable names as well.
Super Dragon Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum