Kenny King no longer in ROH (and a blacklisting question)

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Kenny King no longer in ROH (and a blacklisting question)

Postby ajday » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:37 pm

This whole debacle is a little hilarious (IMO) on how it was handled by ROH - posting on their Facebook page a letter to the fans as to what happened, as well as a picture of Kenny with the tag title belt, and at the end of it:
From ROH's facebook:

However, we consider this breach of his verbal agreement unacceptable, and regardless of his future employment status with any other wrestling company, ROH will not be doing business with Kenny King going forward.

It got me thinking, though, has there been any other public blacklisting like this one? I know of the "future endeavored" things that the one company from Stamford does, and I know that in the past PWG has either posted a joke or said something humorously about someone not making it to the show and no longer having them back, but I don't think I've seen anything like this before.
ajday

Re: Kenny King no longer in ROH (and a blacklisting question

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:04 am

All I know is in the last couple months ROH has stopped using El Generico, TJP, the Young Bucks, and now Kenny King... Well at least fans can enjoy watching Tomasso Ciampa, Hass and Shelton, and a bunch of OVW guys that nobody gives 2 shits about.
eastbay510

Postby fatallylost » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:58 pm

I don't think I'd lump WWE's future endeavored as a "black listing" It's simply the company saying they've parted ways with a talent.
fatallylost

Postby ShadowMaster » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:01 pm

eastbay510 wrote:All I know is in the last couple months ROH has stopped using El Generico, TJP, the Young Bucks, and now Kenny King... Well at least fans can enjoy watching Tomasso Ciampa, Hass and Shelton, and a bunch of OVW guys that nobody gives 2 shits about.

True that , seem's like ROH got a little butt hurt about Kenny King wrestling for TNA , which is funny since he's contract was up . Did ROH really think he was gonna just sit at home and not work let alone on television . Nobody gives a rats ass about half there roster .
ShadowMaster

Postby ajday » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:55 pm

eastbay510 wrote:All I know is in the last couple months ROH has stopped using El Generico, TJP, the Young Bucks, and now Kenny King... Well at least fans can enjoy watching Tomasso Ciampa, Hass and Shelton, and a bunch of OVW guys that nobody gives 2 shits about.

I know they stopped using TJP and Young Bucks because of financial reasons (didn't want to fly them out every week)

fatallylost wrote:I don't think I'd lump WWE's future endeavored as a "black listing" It's simply the company saying they've parted ways with a talent.

And I know, but I was just trying to tie them together.
ajday

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:34 am

I used to be the biggest ROH fan, Im gonna use this thread to say my frustrations....

-Isnt the Sinclair deal saposed to make the company more money?:

How could they have flown Samoa Joe, Rocky Romero, and Ricky Reyes from California (along with the other fly ins) every show without a TV deal but not fly TJP and The Bucks with one? They dont or are unable to get the top talent, their roster fucking blows... They lost TJP, Young Bucks, Davey, Generico and Kenny King withen a couple month span.

-The ROH main event scene feels like the 09 WWE main event scene:

in PWG, DGUSA/Evolve and expecially Chikara anyone can main event at any time, there is so much varity, every main event is something unique. In ROH it feels like its always the same guys and its damn near impossible to break into the title picture. Just like in 09 when Cena, HHH, and Orton were in every main event.

The titles are a joke:

Remember Danielson's and Nigel's reigns? They would defend the title against almost everyone and it made the title feel like a big deal, after all those sucessfull defenses it was a huge thing when it actually changed hands. Now not only is it almost never defended but the hot guy never gets to hold the thing. Tyler's reign was way to late, Roddy's was way to late, and Davey's was way to late. To me it feels like a lifetime achievement award, "this guy was hot at one point so lets give him the belt." The tag titles arnt much better, WGTT is a far cry from Aries/Strong in 06 and Briscoes in 07.

The tag division is a joke:

Ever since ROH lost The Kings last year the division has slowly fallen apart, they split up the Wolves and Future Shock, stopped booking The Young Bucks, ANX is no more, and they even teased us with TJP teaming with Red, and worst of all was the Shane Haste/Mikey Nicholls
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:52 am

I used to be the biggest ROH fan, Im gonna use this thread to say my frustrations....

How could they have flown Samoa Joe, Rocky Romero, and Ricky Reyes from California (along with the other fly ins) every show without a TV deal but not fly TJP and The Bucks with one? They dont or are unable to get the top talent, their roster fucking blows... They lost TJP, Young Bucks, Davey, Generico and Kenny King withen a couple month span. Look at DGUSA/Evolve's roster, look how many guys are getting pushes and getting/gotten over in the last couple years, Gargano, Calihan, Taylor, Ricochet, Uhaa Nation, Samuary Del Sol, Tony Nese, Jon Davis, AR Fox, they now have Generico part time. How many guys feel fresh and exciting in ROH? Probally just Cole, Elgin and O'reilly (and a lot of people don't even like him)

in PWG, DGUSA/Evolve and expecially Chikara anyone can main event at any time, there is so much varity, every main event is something unique. In ROH it feels like its always the same guys and its damn near impossible to break into the title picture. Just like in 09 when Cena, HHH, and Orton were in every main event.

-The titles are a joke:

Remember Danielson's and Nigel's reigns? They would defend the title against almost everyone and it made the title feel like a big deal, after all those sucessfull defenses it was a huge thing when it actually changed hands. Now not only is it almost never defended but the hot guy never gets to hold the thing. Tyler's reign was way to late, Roddy's was way to late, and Davey's was way to late. To me it feels like a lifetime achievement award, "this guy was hot at one point so lets give him the belt." The tag titles arnt much better, WGTT is a far cry from Aries/Strong in 06 and Briscoes in 07.

-The tag division is a joke:

Ever since ROH lost The Kings last year the division has slowly fallen apart, they split up the Wolves and Future Shock, stopped booking The Young Bucks, ANX is no more, and they even teased us with TJP teaming with Red, and worst of all was when Shane Haste/Mikey Nicholls won that mini tournament, wrestled on IPPV, were built up as a hot new team... And then they never wrestled there again. I get its expensive to fly guys from Austrilla (however its spelled) but why even have them wrestle on PPV if your not gonna be regulars just to say this is not what we are gonna give you? There are 4 regular teams in ROH right now... Nobody wants to see WGTT, Coleman and Alexander are good but nothing to write home about, Briscoes are great but have done it all, and the Bravado's are fucking awesome. Thats all they got.

-The atmosphere is way to serious:

I really hate how every show feels like "lets be serious no fun allowed", I really feel like someone hates goofy and comedy guys, there is nobody with any personality (with a few exceptions) Its trying way to hard to be a real sport or MMA, and thats how its viewed, as a fake wanna be MMA promotion.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:55 am

My bad i posted acidently before I was done
eastbay510

Postby Adam Fury » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:51 pm

I'm frustrated with ROH too but I hang in there hoping it will get better. They lost a TON of talent to WWE and TNA to start with and that's gotta hurt pretty badly. I agree though that there is no real reason to not use the California guys. Perkins, The Bucks, and who ever else. Why doesn't Generico work for them now? Why doesn't Cabana? I happen to think Tomasso Ciampa is very good and has a big upside. I enjoy TWGTT too, I don't care that they are former WWE guys, I think they are very, very good. I also think Mike Mondo is a future star, as well as Elgin. There's a guy on Facebook who started a group calling for Ring of Honor to move to San Antonio, TX. That may not be a bad idea, it would be easier to work with the California guys!
Adam Fury

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:31 am

Adam Fury wrote:I'm frustrated with ROH too but I hang in there hoping it will get better. They lost a TON of talent to WWE and TNA to start with and that's gotta hurt pretty badly. I agree though that there is no real reason to not use the California guys. Perkins, The Bucks, and who ever else. Why doesn't Generico work for them now? Why doesn't Cabana? I happen to think Tomasso Ciampa is very good and has a big upside. I enjoy TWGTT too, I don't care that they are former WWE guys, I think they are very, very good. I also think Mike Mondo is a future star, as well as Elgin. There's a guy on Facebook who started a group calling for Ring of Honor to move to San Antonio, TX. That may not be a bad idea, it would be easier to work with the California guys!

Generico dosent want to sign a contract and be bound to one company (from what I hear), Cornette dosent like comedy wrestling which is why Colt is no longer with them (and why almost nobody can show any fucking charisma), and you are literly the first person who I have ever heard say they enjoy WGTT. Haas and Benjamin are one of the biggest problems right now, ROH will do everything in their power to protect them, they always come out on top even when they lose, dispite the fact that most fans can't stand watching them wrestle. I have a theory as to why King left ROH(obviously this isnt a fact just my opinion) King and Titus should have won the titles from the Briscoes in the Ladder War on that one PPV (forgot the name) insted it was a number 1 contenders match because WGTT held on to the titles forever, and after ANX won the contract they still didnt get their match for a while after. He was held back for way to long. If you watch the preview of the ANX Highspots shoot King talks about how fed up he is with the Juditsu bullshit and the Sinclair bullshit... I believe he just got fed up. With the Aries title match coming up it was the perfect time to get off a sinking ship.

I think Mondo is okay but he looks so generic, him, Bennet, Ciampa, WGTT, hell even Jay Lethal to some extent look like "WWE" guys, just the exact same body types, its not a bad body type or anything but when everyone looks exactly the same it is. Look at the DGUSA roster and you will find a lot of divirsity, guys that look completly unique from each other.

Moving to Texas? That dosent make sense to me, why alienate more fans and start from scratch?
eastbay510

Postby Meltman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:22 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I used to be the biggest ROH fan, Im gonna use this thread to say my frustrations....

How could they have flown Samoa Joe, Rocky Romero, and Ricky Reyes from California (along with the other fly ins) every show without a TV deal but not fly TJP and The Bucks with one? They dont or are unable to get the top talent, their roster fucking blows... They lost TJP, Young Bucks, Davey, Generico and Kenny King withen a couple month span. Look at DGUSA/Evolve's roster, look how many guys are getting pushes and getting/gotten over in the last couple years, Gargano, Calihan, Taylor, Ricochet, Uhaa Nation, Samuary Del Sol, Tony Nese, Jon Davis, AR Fox, they now have Generico part time. How many guys feel fresh and exciting in ROH? Probally just Cole, Elgin and O'reilly (and a lot of people don't even like him)

-The titles are a joke:

-The tag division is a joke:

Ever since ROH lost The Kings last year the division has slowly fallen apart, they split up the Wolves and Future Shock, stopped booking The Young Bucks, ANX is no more, and they even teased us with TJP teaming with Red, and worst of all was when Shane Haste/Mikey Nicholls won that mini tournament, wrestled on IPPV, were built up as a hot new team... And then they never wrestled there again. I get its expensive to fly guys from Austrilla (however its spelled) but why even have them wrestle on PPV if your not gonna be regulars just to say this is not what we are gonna give you? There are 4 regular teams in ROH right now... Nobody wants to see WGTT, Coleman and Alexander are good but nothing to write home about, Briscoes are great but have done it all, and the Bravado's are fucking awesome. Thats all they got.

-The atmosphere is way to serious:

I really hate how every show feels like "lets be serious no fun allowed", I really feel like someone hates goofy and comedy guys, there is nobody with any personality (with a few exceptions) Its trying way to hard to be a real sport or MMA, and thats how its viewed, as a fake wanna be MMA promotion.

I agree with most of this, but it's ludicrous to think ROH, who are now canceling shows because tickets don't sell, bought multiple Australia-US plane tickets for a tag team. Those guys were here on their own, they weren't flown in obviously.

Have you guys seen the recent names for their upcoming tag tournament?

Cedric Alexander/Caprice Coleman (a tag team ROH hasn't been able to make legit in almost a year)
World's Greatest Tag Team (enough already)
Briscoes
Young Bucks (this happens after ROH stops using them, good job you idiots, now you bring back jaded wrestlers)
RUCKUS AND SABIAN (holy shit! Team Botchamania makes its ROH debut!)

Fucking just awful.
Meltman

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:11 pm

I know that they cant afford to fly guys from Austrilla, but It annoyed me that they got a mini push and a match on one of the biggest shows of the year if they had no intention of bringing them back, then going back to showcasing WGTT.

Im ok with Ruckus and Jeez just because its something different, which is something ROH despratly needs at this point (although Im not their biggest fan to be honest). I would love to see TJP and Red team up regularly, Mabey SSB, 3.0, the Colony were over as hell when they came in, shit there is a lot more intresting teams out there then what they got.

Also don't forgot about The Gaurdians Of Truth are in the tournament, and In case you don't know who they are, they are The Headbangers with black masks... If The Bravados arnt in this thing but The Headbangers are Im gonna be pissed.
eastbay510

Return to General Discussion