PWG's European Vacation DVDs

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG's European Vacation DVDs

Postby CheMateo » Mon May 08, 2006 5:51 pm

I picked up both the European shows at Don't call it the OC and waiting to get Card Subject To Change 2 in the mail. I was wondering what anybody else thought so far about the European shows. I haven't had time to watch too much. I've only watched the first three matches of the German show.

I really think the Musikpalette is a cool looking venue. I wish American fans were less inhibited and would bang on the ring more often. It hasn't really happened like that over here since Astonishing X-Mas.

The opening match pitting Disco Machine, Excalibur and Ronin against Tengkwa, Top Gun Talwar and Tommy end was fun. Out of these European wrestlers I liked Tengkwa the best.

It was good to see Ricky Reyes under the PWG banner even if it was not stateside. His opponent was Baron Von Hagen. Baron reminded me of the principle from Ferris Bueller. I didn't care for him.

The thrid match is a four way involving Frankie Kazarian vs. Scott Lost vs. Jody Fleisch vs Steve Allison. This was a fun match as well and Kazarian looked a little funny to me in those tights. According to Disco his luggage was in Istanbul. But I was curious about what move Jody Fleisch was trying to hit from the third rope. He did it twice, once to Steve Allison and lastly to Kazarian. It looked like he messed it up both times. Could someone clarify that for me?

Well greater detail and more thoughts later, but anybody else have any comments regarding the shows?
CheMateo

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon May 08, 2006 6:02 pm

I too got them this weekend. The Excalibur/Disco Machine/Frankie promo on the England show was amazing. Excalibur selling for a fucking towel that touched Frankie's naked pelvis was brilliant. The German fans rule so much. Their interactions with AJ Styles was so hilarious to watch. AJ won me over when he tried to kick them, but lost me when he called them retards.

The European people didn't impress me much. I liked Tommy End, Stevie Douglas, and Tengkwa(not counting the ones who have been to the states like Jody, Jonny, and Sitoci). Baron Von Hagen was fucking horrible. That Andy Simmonz shit wasn't that impressive as the UK fans made it seem. Plus he looks gay. The Dragon/Davey tag matches were amazing, and both Steen singles matches were extremely great. The last part of the 4 Way in Germany with Frankie and Scott was the best part of the match, altough it would of been better had they didn't work inside such a ghetto haggard ass ring.

I was curious about what move Jody Fleisch was trying to hit from the third rope. He did it twice, once to Steve Allison and lastly to Kazarian. It looked like he messed it up both times. Could someone clarify that for me?

He was going for a 720 DDT, which is a springboard Tornado DDT in a 720 degree rotation. I'm sure he fucked up because of how loose the ropes were.
SoCalAndy

Postby Big Joe » Mon May 08, 2006 6:26 pm

My mouth dropped when I threw CSTC2 in...did PWG get new cameras in between that show & Teen Outreach Summit? The picture looks absolutely crystal clear. Kudos to the Guerilla staff.
Big Joe

Postby JustJay » Tue May 09, 2006 3:03 pm

I've seen pretty much all of the Germany show (haven't had the chance to watch the England one yet) and I had a blast watching it. Ringwork-wise, it's very very average, but the atmosphere was awesome. The disco lights, the giant screen, and the very raucous crowd crammed in there and slamming the mat made it a really cool visual experience.

The loose ropes did really fuck up a bunch of stuff though, with Fleisch blowing the 720 twice, a messed-up ending spot in the AJ/Storm match and a bigtime botch in Joey/Sitoci.

The clear MOTN was the tag title match, but I enjoyed AJ vs. Storm a great deal- probably the best of all their encounters. Bosh vs. Steen was their usual fun formula match, and the blockbuster slam into the support pole was pretty sick.

While like I said, there's nothing super-outstanding, it's the most fun I've had watching a PWG show on DVD in a while. I'd also like to see Emil Sitoci come to SoCal and work a guy more his style, because I think he could get over here and produce a quality match. Also...

EMIL WUZ ROBBED!
JustJay

Postby Aaron » Wed May 10, 2006 2:02 am

SoCalAndy wrote:That Andy Simmonz shit wasn't that impressive as the UK fans made it seem. Plus he looks gay.

Does the heat for Simmonz not come across well? We fucking hate him because:

1) He's shit
and
2) He looks gay

The heat he is getting there is nothing to do with respect for Simmonz. It's all because he slapped a fan the night before. He's a prick!

(In saying that, all the promoters and wrestlers think he's great)
Aaron

Postby Wreckless » Wed May 10, 2006 5:26 am

Does the heat for Simmonz not come across well? We fucking hate him because:

1) He's shit
and
2) He looks gay

and he is a roided up monkey boy who suffers some major roid rage, he has worse back-ne than snitsky
Wreckless

Postby head_bump » Wed May 10, 2006 7:29 am

So which of the European cards is considered the strongest? Both look real good though.
head_bump

Postby Sebastian Eckinger » Wed May 10, 2006 9:52 am

I attend both shows and I have to say that the England show was far better than the show in Germany, which was still pretty decent because it was PWG. I loved every single match on the England card. The Main Event was just so brutal.
Sebastian Eckinger

Postby Wreckless » Wed May 10, 2006 12:53 pm

loved the interview extras on the english disk the scorpio and steen one had me cracking up
Wreckless

Postby dude1971 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:33 am

Is Scorpio Sky's singing during the interval an extra on the UK DVD?

:lol:
dude1971

Postby theboy » Wed May 17, 2006 8:49 am

Unfortunately not.
theboy

Postby head_bump » Thu May 18, 2006 6:08 am

I found the german show hard to watch and enjoy it was barely ok as a show but as usual it had its moments.
head_bump

Postby Crazy » Sat May 20, 2006 3:20 pm

[quote="SoCalAndy"] The Excalibur/Disco Machine/Frankie promo on the England show was amazing. Excalibur selling for a fucking towel that touched Frankie's naked pelvis was brilliant.quote]

I just got done watching the England show today and watched the promo's. and I had to rewind it a few times because it was so funny. The dumb look on Ex's face as he turned made it funnier.

Overall I Enjoyed the England Show alot better. The German Wrestlers were unimpressive Baron von Crappy and Oatmil Suckoli should not wrestle for PWG ever again. I did enjoy seeing Jonny storm in PWG again. Joey Ryan nearly killed himself taking the reverse rana. The tag title matches were great. I really Like Dragon and Davey as champs I can't wait to see there matches vs Strong and Evans.
Crazy

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum