Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 2012!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sun May 06, 2012 8:28 am

Steve Yohe wrote:Who has Brian Cage beaten? I've only been going to PWG for 16 months but he's seems like a PWG jobber to me. I've missed a couple of shows but why is he getting a title match? If Cage wins it will kill the boxoffice. Couldn't you do better?

Is PWG not able to bring in outside talent anymore? Are we just going to be getting locals from now on?

How long before Willie Mack gets the title? He works Ok but isn't someone to base a promotion on. Having Hero jobing to him was a joke. He is fine, just keep him out of mainevents.

Can't you get a woman for Candice LeRae to wrestle?

Who owns PWG? Is it just a promotion to put over 5 local talents?

I love going to the PWG cards but it seems there's a talent drain going on without Claudio, Hero, Tozawa, & Richards around.

Steve Yohe


I know others have posted on this and to be honest YOU HAVE A LEGIT QUESTION here...
However...
Be careful how you word on here. There are some fans on here who refuse to accept that PWG can do no wrong and that they are the supreme
company in the wrestling industry. I've been a PWG fan for over 2 and half years now and I have attended 21 shows... This next show being my 17th straight... and just saying this might get me a little 'heat'. Bottom line, I love PWG but at the same time, PWG is not perfect.
You question is legit so dont let ITCHYPANDA or WHOBLEHWAH (if anyone is crying faggot, its you.. ive seen ur other posts..Just sayin' :mrgreen: ) get you down.
The_Sharpshooter
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby SlayJ » Sun May 06, 2012 9:15 am

The_Sharpshooter wrote:
Steve Yohe wrote:Who has Brian Cage beaten? I've only been going to PWG for 16 months but he's seems like a PWG jobber to me. I've missed a couple of shows but why is he getting a title match? If Cage wins it will kill the boxoffice. Couldn't you do better?

Is PWG not able to bring in outside talent anymore? Are we just going to be getting locals from now on?

How long before Willie Mack gets the title? He works Ok but isn't someone to base a promotion on. Having Hero jobing to him was a joke. He is fine, just keep him out of mainevents.

Can't you get a woman for Candice LeRae to wrestle?

Who owns PWG? Is it just a promotion to put over 5 local talents?

I love going to the PWG cards but it seems there's a talent drain going on without Claudio, Hero, Tozawa, & Richards around.

Steve Yohe


I know others have posted on this and to be honest YOU HAVE A LEGIT QUESTION here...
However...
Be careful how you word on here. There are some fans on here who refuse to accept that PWG can do no wrong and that they are the supreme
company in the wrestling industry. I've been a PWG fan for over 2 and half years now and I have attended 21 shows... This next show being my 17th straight... and just saying this might get me a little 'heat'. Bottom line, I love PWG but at the same time, PWG is not perfect.
You question is legit so dont let ITCHYPANDA or WHOBLEHWAH (if anyone is crying faggot, its you.. ive seen ur other posts..Just sayin' :mrgreen: ) get you down.


Well I do think this Steve guy does make a few valid points...he kinda sounds like a dick while doing it. But it's the internet...Trolls Happen. Still, I also question giving Cage a title shot right now. I get that he's making huge strides and beginning to really get over. But regardless of what Pro Wrestling is or isn't, I think the World Title should always be treated as something important and not easily attainable. Beating Ray Rosas and being a marginally successful tag team wrestler shouldn't put you on the fast track to ascending the throne. If PWG made this a non-title special attraction match I think that would be fine. Better yet have Cage beat a solid vet like Roddy Strong or Eddie Edwards first, then have him and Willie Mack battle it out to see who gets the next shot. Something along those lines would at least make the eventual meeting between Cage and Steen feel important. I AM interested in seeing what Cage can do with a big time singles push, but giving him an opportunity at becoming Champion at this stage just makes the title feel a bit devalued in my opinion.
SlayJ
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby luca brasi » Sun May 06, 2012 12:54 pm

I don't think Steve Yohe's posts were meant to be dick-ish. I hope not. The dude has probably forogot more wrestling facts/info than most posters on this board will ever know. He's a major major wrestling historian (especially of stuff right here in LA) and probably doesn'y follow local indy stuff too much anymore, so I'm HOPING his questions were legit, maybe worded wrong.
I was gonna blast off some harsh answers (no fly-ins? who's Brian Cage?) but the above posts already did it for me.
luca brasi
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:50 am

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby luca brasi » Sun May 06, 2012 4:43 pm

And just to state my stance.... wrestling rarely makes sense. Willie has been tearing through everyone for the last year or so, and Cage hasn't wrestled a singles match in a long time... so yeah, it's odd he's getting a title shot already. Am I upset about it? Not really. It'll be a good match.
And "killing the box office" definitely shows your age Steve! LOL
luca brasi
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:50 am

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby Matt Flash » Sun May 06, 2012 7:57 pm

And also, Callahan got a World Title match on his first night, after losing a tag team match. I get that he's a bigger indy name than Cage, which is an understatement to say the least, but if he can get one for calling out Steen because of fucking TWIITER, I think Cage can get one for answering an open challenge after a scuffle in the locker room.
User avatar
Matt Flash
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:37 am
Location: Oxnard

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun May 06, 2012 8:11 pm

I don't think it devalues the title AT ALL. Maybe, if they did this all the time it would, but they don't. Since this is a rare occurrence it has more of a Rocky feel. (I think someone already mentioned Rocky)
JOIN THE SWARM BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
User avatar
So Cal Punk
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun May 06, 2012 9:21 pm

Matt Flash wrote:And also, Callahan got a World Title match on his first night, after losing a tag team match. I get that he's a bigger indy name than Cage, which is an understatement to say the least, but if he can get one for calling out Steen because of fucking TWIITER, I think Cage can get one for answering an open challenge after a scuffle in the locker room.



Nailed it , I mean who really cares who gets a title shot it's not like it's gonna be Steen v.s David Arquette or something like that .
ShadowMaster
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:44 am

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby camstun187 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:52 am

Quicksilver got a shot for NO reason against Steen way back in 2005. Turned out to be the best match on the card.

Just sayin
camstun187
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:10 am

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon May 07, 2012 7:09 am

Stop bitching about Cage everyone. This is not WWE, there re no fucking story lines, its all about seeing great wrestling matches and Steen vs Cage is gonna be a great heavyweight bout. I cannot believe how many people are acting anal about this.
Sports Entertainment Sucks
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby The Franchise13 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:09 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Stop bitching about Cage everyone. This is not WWE, there re no fucking story lines, its all about seeing great wrestling matches and Steen vs Cage is gonna be a great heavyweight bout. I cannot believe how many people are acting anal about this.


We are not bitching or being anal... we are just giving our opinions. KrazieBone, u r know for giving ur opinions (alot of which we all dont agree). I am the first one that posted not agreeing Cage being in the main event. Sure he is a hot commodity right now, but its not his time right now. If u were to ask anyone, including the kliq, to name the 5 top contenders to the PWG Title before May 25th's card was announce, and nobody would have named Cage as their top 5.

I like Cage... his a fucking machine!!! But its not his time right now.
The Franchise13
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:55 pm

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby eastbay510 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:20 pm

The Franchise13 wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:Stop bitching about Cage everyone. This is not WWE, there re no fucking story lines, its all about seeing great wrestling matches and Steen vs Cage is gonna be a great heavyweight bout. I cannot believe how many people are acting anal about this.


We are not bitching or being anal... we are just giving our opinions. KrazieBone, u r know for giving ur opinions (alot of which we all dont agree). I am the first one that posted not agreeing Cage being in the main event. Sure he is a hot commodity right now, but its not his time right now. If u were to ask anyone, including the kliq, to name the 5 top contenders to the PWG Title before May 25th's card was announce, and nobody would have named Cage as their top 5.

I like Cage... his a fucking machine!!! But its not his time right now.

This is the perfect time to pull the trigger, Cage is as hot as he has ever been, will a slow build up with more wins make him more worthy of a title shot in a kayfabe sense? I would say yes, but the window is open right now, and I believe a slow build wont help him any, expecially in a company with no story lines. If he has a great match with Steen people will instantly want to check Cage out, see what he can bring to the table. After this match people will be way more intrested in all of his matches, and at that point you can build him up slowly. Why not give the fans something completly out of the blue insted of something we "expect to see"? This feels like its gonna be such a great underdog (Rocky) story, and I cant wait to see it. He shouldnt only wrestle the biggest names in the indys... this is why I love this company; they strive to give us something we cant see anywere else, lets just sit back and enjoy it.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby SlayJ » Mon May 07, 2012 5:10 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Stop bitching about Cage everyone. This is not WWE, there re no fucking story lines, its all about seeing great wrestling matches and Steen vs Cage is gonna be a great heavyweight bout. I cannot believe how many people are acting anal about this.


Stop bitching about people bitching! Just kidding. Keep it up! Anyhow I never said I had a problem with Cage taking on Steen...I just have a problem with it being a PWG Championship match. Does anybody here truly believe that Brian Cage has any realistic chance at becoming the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Champion on May 25th? No, he doesn't. And that's what makes this a dumb idea. Will this most likely be a damn good match? ABSOLUTELY! But if you want to tell the Rocky story (sorry, Krayzie..I like a good storyline with my wrestling), have Cage defeat Steen in a non-title match and set up a rematch with the strap on the line. Is this logic really that hard to figure out?

Anyways, I realize that a lot of you aren't really looking for anything beyond a fun show and some great matches. I get that. But there are just certain easy things that can be done which make more sense, and I don't see the point in not doing them. If Brian Cage can convince me for even one second that he REALLY MIGHT pin Steen's shoulders to the mat in a few weeks, then I will give him and Steen a lot of credit. But this just feels like a predictable filler title match to me. And again, it's just an opinion. Overall I'm totally excited and stoked for the 25th to get here! The show looks awesome! And as usual I will be going nuts in the front row!
SlayJ
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon May 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Again, you guys are not really getting this, PWG is not WWE or TNA, its not a story line centered company, which in my view is a good thing cause I like wrestling. Wrestling yaaaay. But in any case you guys didn't have a problem with Peter Avalon challenging Steen and you have a problem with Cage? A gimmick does not make a wrestler!

And why do you guys think Cage has no chance? This is Indy wrestling, I've seen top Indy guys jobbing to no names. Just the other week there was a show in Vegas where Roderick Strong jobbed to the guy I've never even seen before, do you know how many times Chris Hero jobbed to younger less experienced wrestlers just to put them over. This is what Indy wrestling is all about. Many of you are in WWE mode, get over it. And I'm not saying that Steen is gonna job, but Cage wrestling him, will elevate Cage's career, isn't it a good thing? I think so.

And please whoever said that Steen vs Cage is too predictable because we know who is gonna win that's a sad ass argument. Cause most of the time I know who is gonna win, Sami fought Steen and we all knew who was winning right? So let's just keep PWG the best wrestling on the planet and not turn it into WWE.

Thank you.
Sports Entertainment Sucks
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby luca brasi » Mon May 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Yeah I don't think it's a "given" Cage won't win. If he's as "hot" right now as everyone says, and PWG had their fingers on the pulse of the fans... who knows? I wouldn't put it past em to do a switch on us.
I doubt it, but it could happen!
luca brasi
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:50 am

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby tmac9311 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:30 pm

Just for the sake of kayfabe argument, Kenny Omega won a total of 1 singles matches in PWG in 2009, before going on to winning BOLA and the PWG Title. Granted winning BOLA is qualification enough to be champion, but I think Cage has said the same to better success as Omega had when it comes to the win/loss column. 2-0 in his last to singles matches (against the fearsome Avalon and Rosas :D ) and 2-1 on the year. Omega sole singles win was at 99, and winning the opening round of BOLA was I believe the sole tag win he had in that calendar year.

But no, I do not expect the man that beat Edwards and Generico in a single match to lose to the man that beat Rosas and Avalon
tmac9311
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:05 am

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby Matt Flash » Tue May 08, 2012 12:46 am

krayzie Bone wrote:Again, you guys are not really getting this, PWG is not WWE or TNA, its not a story line centered company, which in my view is a good thing cause I like wrestling. Wrestling yaaaay. But in any case you guys didn't have a problem with Peter Avalon challenging Steen and you have a problem with Cage? A gimmick does not make a wrestler!

And why do you guys think Cage has no chance? This is Indy wrestling, I've seen top Indy guys jobbing to no names. Just the other week there was a show in Vegas where Roderick Strong jobbed to the guy I've never even seen before, do you know how many times Chris Hero jobbed to younger less experienced wrestlers just to put them over. This is what Indy wrestling is all about. Many of you are in WWE mode, get over it. And I'm not saying that Steen is gonna job, but Cage wrestling him, will elevate Cage's career, isn't it a good thing? I think so.

And please whoever said that Steen vs Cage is too predictable because we know who is gonna win that's a sad ass argument. Cause most of the time I know who is gonna win, Sami fought Steen and we all knew who was winning right? So let's just keep PWG the best wrestling on the planet and not turn it into WWE.

Thank you.

Yeah, that Avalon match wasn't for the Title. Steen wasn't even champion yet. Nice try though.

And gimmicks are absolutely what makes a wrestler. Just because it's a "wrestle my ass off and that's that" attitude, doesn't stop it from still being a gimmick.
User avatar
Matt Flash
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:37 am
Location: Oxnard

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue May 08, 2012 6:22 am

I don't mind gimmicks, as log as it doesn't intrude on wrestling. When I first saw Brian Cage debuting in PWG, I right away knew that this the guy who can potentially be a world champion. He is a big dude that can wrestle. Most wrestling promotions would be proud to have him as their champion. You guys cheer for Avalon and Tozawa, but you can't appreciate Cage? I really hate to say this but no wonder Indies suffer, modern day wrestling fan is beyond hope lol
Sports Entertainment Sucks
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue May 08, 2012 6:28 am

Matt Flash wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:Again, you guys are not really getting this, PWG is not WWE or TNA, its not a story line centered company, which in my view is a good thing cause I like wrestling. Wrestling yaaaay. But in any case you guys didn't have a problem with Peter Avalon challenging Steen and you have a problem with Cage? A gimmick does not make a wrestler!

And why do you guys think Cage has no chance? This is Indy wrestling, I've seen top Indy guys jobbing to no names. Just the other week there was a show in Vegas where Roderick Strong jobbed to the guy I've never even seen before, do you know how many times Chris Hero jobbed to younger less experienced wrestlers just to put them over. This is what Indy wrestling is all about. Many of you are in WWE mode, get over it. And I'm not saying that Steen is gonna job, but Cage wrestling him, will elevate Cage's career, isn't it a good thing? I think so.

And please whoever said that Steen vs Cage is too predictable because we know who is gonna win that's a sad ass argument. Cause most of the time I know who is gonna win, Sami fought Steen and we all knew who was winning right? So let's just keep PWG the best wrestling on the planet and not turn it into WWE.

Thank you.

Yeah, that Avalon match wasn't for the Title. Steen wasn't even champion yet. Nice try though.

And gimmicks are absolutely what makes a wrestler. Just because it's a "wrestle my ass off and that's that" attitude, doesn't stop it from still being a gimmick.


Really? So when someone wrestlers really well and has superior athletic ability is just a gimmick? And when the guy sucks, he doesn't really suck, he is just pretending to? And you are a PWG fan? Are you sure?
Sports Entertainment Sucks
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Tue May 08, 2012 7:35 am

Ok..ok.. let's not forget that Cage-Steen is not the only match on the show.
Cage aside... Generico-Ricochet is going to be off the f'kn 'hook'.. Personally, my early pick for match of the night.
Also, im looking foward to SSB-Bucks in the NO DQ match.
If it was up to me, i'd do things a little 'old school' and have Steen-Cage wrestle right before the break. Put them at match #4 or 5... Then have SSB-Bucks in the main-event, out of nowhere Super Dragon returns & Steen comes out.. Now we have ourselves a 3way (just wishful thinking) :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:23 am

krayzie Bone wrote:I don't mind gimmicks, as log as it doesn't intrude on wrestling. When I first saw Brian Cage debuting in PWG, I right away knew that this the guy who can potentially be a world champion. He is a big dude that can wrestle. Most wrestling promotions would be proud to have him as their champion. You guys cheer for Avalon and Tozawa, but you can't appreciate Cage? I really hate to say this but no wonder Indies suffer, modern day wrestling fan is beyond hope lol


Who ever said we dont appreciate Cage? Cage is a great wrestler and does deserve a better spot light than what he is usually getting... but that doesnt mean he should be immediately put in the main event. Krazie Bone, u stated that we didnt mind Steen vs Avalon from a few months ago. 1) That was the opening match and we all knew Steen would be back later in the show in some capacity and 2) that match wasnt advertised beforehand. If they would have advertised Steen vs Avalon as the main avent, people would have questioned that too.

Krazie Bone, u have an opinion that "This is PWG and not WWE" & "There is no story lines." Im glad u feel that way, but ur just one person. You dont fill out the Legion Hall by urself. I know u love wrestling, and so do I, but its the storylines that have people filling out the seats in Reseda.
The Franchise13
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests