Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 2012!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Death To All But Metal Takes Place on Friday, May 25, 20

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue May 01, 2012 9:35 am

Ho-ly shit. Usually the main event or whatever would be the focus, but this entire card looks great.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby eastbay510 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:52 am

So Cal Punk wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:How come it wont let me pay for a ticket? I put in my credit card information and It says "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number." the fuck does that mean? It says the same when I use my dads card, if I dont get front row Im gonna be pissed.

Are you putting billing address as the same address that's on the card? Cuz that's usually the problem for me.

I got it worked out, wierd I put the exact same information in 3 computers before it let me but it... Oh well I got front row!!!
eastbay510

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:26 pm

loserkings007 wrote:
The Franchise13 wrote:Am I the only one disappointed about the main event? Don't get me wrong... I like Brian Cage Taylor. His a fucking machine! But how does he get a title shot before Willie Mack? Brian Cage doesn't have the best record when it comes in singles competition (other than PPA). Sure, Cage has earned our respect with in the last few months, but does that mean he should immediately get a title shot? They could at least put him in a few single matches before being in the main event. I like the rest of he card. A lot of locals being used for this event. I just think the PWG Title match could have been matched up a little better.

I also like the fact that the Taylor Boys were getting a good run. There were a lot of fans cheering for them instead of Future Shocknat DDT4. My opinion, Taylor Boys should get a push. Fight Taylors Fight!

I for one am glad Brian Cage got the match. I can see them working a great match. And I agree with what the other poster has said, about Cage's momentum and waiting for the right time with Willie Mack. Though as for the Main Event, I can see this as the main event, but I can also easily see them ending the show with SSB vs The Young Bucks.

I'm willing to bet that the No DQ tag match will end the show. They usually have the batshit insane matches last since all of the chairs wind up moving or get destroyed during those types of matches.
abouttreefitty350

Postby camstun187 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:05 pm

I like the title match. Can Cage pull an Elgin and just kill it in the main event?
camstun187

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:49 pm

camstun187 wrote:I like the title match. Can Cage pull an Elgin and just kill it in the main event?

If he's anything like he's been in his last two matches, I say yes.
abouttreefitty350

Postby camstun187 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:01 pm

To this day, his best match was against Brandon Bonham. Those two tore shit up at Seven. Possibly my favorite undercard match of all time.
camstun187

Postby Whoblehwah » Tue May 01, 2012 3:30 pm

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS CARD LOOKS AMAZING! But I live in NYC. *sigh*
Whoblehwah

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue May 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Tickets ordered I almost went ahead and did front row for my first time but instead just figured I sit where me and my buddy's usually sit . I'm bringing my cousin and he's bringing a buddy it's gonna be there first PWG event , after they both saw the preview of DDT 4 on my fb they were hitting me up left and right asking me a million questions on PWG . I can't wait for the 25th as it's right around the corner , SSB v.s The Bucks is gonna tear the roof down on the old legion hall as we are in for a great night of pro wrestling .
ShadowMaster

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue May 01, 2012 9:30 pm

I'm excited to see Elgin in PWG but I don't know if him and Willie will have a good match, Elgin works best against smaller guys. Still a wonderful card, every match looks good.
krayzie Bone

Postby BOLA4ever » Tue May 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Got my front row tickets after being on sale for 2 min haha i cant wait for this show PWG Never fails!
BOLA4ever

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Wed May 02, 2012 9:02 am

camstun187 wrote:To this day, his best match was against Brandon Bonham. Those two tore shit up at Seven. Possibly my favorite undercard match of all time.

THANK YOU!!! I always thought that I was alone in thinking that match was AWESOME. I love how the crowd was all over Cage for the first few minutes and then he hit that discus lariat on Bonham and it was done. Cage is a machine and i'm glad to see he's getting a shot to shine in PWG especially in a high profile match against Steen, And Mack/Elgin could be intresting
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby loserkings007 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:51 am

Can't wait for the Event. Does anyone what DVD they will be selling there? Only Recent? Or do they have some from 2009/2010 Like Seven/DDT4 ect.? Or would I have to order those online?
loserkings007

Postby Itchypanda » Wed May 02, 2012 12:44 pm

loserkings007 wrote:Can't wait for the Event. Does anyone what DVD they will be selling there? Only Recent? Or do they have some from 2009/2010 Like Seven/DDT4 ect.? Or would I have to order those online?

Most likely the last 4 or 5 shows, plus best sellers like "PWG Sells Out, Astonishing X-Max, Seven" and a few others. Some of the well-known individual wrestlers (e.g. El Generico) also have their own produced DVD's.
Itchypanda

Postby loserkings007 » Wed May 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Itchypanda wrote:
loserkings007 wrote:Can't wait for the Event. Does anyone what DVD they will be selling there? Only Recent? Or do they have some from 2009/2010 Like Seven/DDT4 ect.? Or would I have to order those online?

Most likely the last 4 or 5 shows, plus best sellers like "PWG Sells Out, Astonishing X-Max, Seven" and a few others. Some of the well-known individual wrestlers (e.g. El Generico) also have their own produced DVD's.

Thanks man. Last time I was there, I didn't take a good look, just sat at my seat and talked with friend. I'll see what I can pick on and possible order some afterward.
loserkings007

Postby Steve Yohe » Sat May 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Who has Brian Cage beaten? I've only been going to PWG for 16 months but he's seems like a PWG jobber to me. I've missed a couple of shows but why is he getting a title match? If Cage wins it will kill the boxoffice. Couldn't you do better?

Is PWG not able to bring in outside talent anymore? Are we just going to be getting locals from now on?

How long before Willie Mack gets the title? He works Ok but isn't someone to base a promotion on. Having Hero jobing to him was a joke. He is fine, just keep him out of mainevents.

Can't you get a woman for Candice LeRae to wrestle?

Who owns PWG? Is it just a promotion to put over 5 local talents?

I love going to the PWG cards but it seems there's a talent drain going on without Claudio, Hero, Tozawa, & Richards around.

Steve Yohe
Steve Yohe

Postby ShadowMaster » Sat May 05, 2012 6:45 pm

Steve Yohe wrote:Who has Brian Cage beaten? I've only been going to PWG for 16 months but he's seems like a PWG jobber to me. I've missed a couple of shows but why is he getting a title match? If Cage wins it will kill the boxoffice. Couldn't you do better?

Is PWG not able to bring in outside talent anymore? Are we just going to be getting locals from now on?

How long before Willie Mack gets the title? He works Ok but isn't someone to base a promotion on. Having Hero jobing to him was a joke. He is fine, just keep him out of mainevents.

I love going to the PWG cards but it seems there's a talent drain going on without Claudio, Hero, Tozawa, & Richards around.

Steve Yohe

No offense Steve but who are you to second guess the way PWG books a show , and calling a Brian Cage Taylor a jobber is laughable . It's almost as funny as saying Brian Cage Tayor will " Kill " the box office . Do yourself a favor and continue to watch WWE maybe thats where your getting your idea's on how to book a show .
ShadowMaster

Postby Itchypanda » Sat May 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Steve Yohe wrote:Who has Brian Cage beaten? I've only been going to PWG for 16 months but he's seems like a PWG jobber to me. I've missed a couple of shows but why is he getting a title match? If Cage wins it will kill the boxoffice. Couldn't you do better?

Steve Yohe

There's nothing wrong with moving local talent up the ladder if they deserved it. Brian Cage has had an amazing few months and his match against Bonham at the 2010's Seven anniversary show was part of an amazing start. Willie Mack is very local and he's likely going to be the next PWG champ and Davey, Steen and Roddy wouldn't put over a guy that they believed would fail.

Steve, you need to chill out. You're a backseat booker and an audience member. Just be an audience member and enjoy the show or stop coming.
Itchypanda

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat May 05, 2012 8:39 pm

To that one crying faggot a few post up, the first post in this thread explains in detail why Brian Cage is getting a title shot. Just sayin'.
Whoblehwah

Postby loserkings007 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:20 pm

I'm glad Brain Cage is getting a title shot. I'm a fan of his, If he ever does become Champion, I wouldn't mind it.
loserkings007

Postby Matt Flash » Sun May 06, 2012 12:43 am

Itchypanda wrote:

Steve Yohe

There's nothing wrong with moving local talent up the ladder if they deserved it. Brian Cage has had an amazing few months and his match against Bonham at the 2010's Seven anniversary show was part of an amazing start. Willie Mack is very local and he's likely going to be the next PWG champ and Davey, Steen and Roddy wouldn't put over a guy that they believed would fail.

Steve, you need to chill out. You're a backseat booker and an audience member. Just be an audience member and enjoy the show or stop coming.

Steve, if you've been going to shows for 16 months, it would be pretty obvious that the crowd loves this dude. myself included. A little homo. Him getting a title shot isn't going to be a flop. But maybe that's why they went out of their way to book 3 other awesome, highly anticipated matches. I'd rather see Cage get built up to a World Title shot, but it's smart booking. He may never be more over than he is right now, why not cash in on that? Mack is getting a slow build for a huge first Title match down the line. You can't slow play EVERY up and coming guy with a bright future.

And yeah, PWG just totally stopped bringing in outside talent. Callahan, SSB, Ricochet, Dick Togo, Finlay and Elgin totally don't count.

For a loose comparison, think about ROH and Tyler Black. When he got his first ROH title shot against Nigel back in '08, he was nothing more than a tag team guy, who impressed but was nowhere near the level of the World title. Then he went out there and made you believe (obviously with Nigel's help) that he could've won the belt on numerous occasions in the match. I see the same thing happening with this match, and I can't fucking wait.

And Itchy, those three guys do not give a shit whether they win or not, or pick nits about who they're asked to put over. They get the same amount of money whether they win or lose, it makes no difference to them. And making money, earning a living for yourself through wrestling, is their goal. As it well should be.
Matt Flash

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum