Avengers Assemble!

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Avengers Assemble!

Postby CheMateo » Fri May 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Okay, so who has checked it out yet? Thoughts?

I really liked it. A nice step up after the disappointing Iron Man 2 and Cap movies. I thought most of the characters were given a fair amount of time.

I really enjoyed The Hulk. It doesn't hurt that Detective Toschi has assumed the green rage. Question, why did the Hulk turn grey for awhile in the comics?

I liked how Tony was poking Banner and trying to get him to flip his lid.

I had a good laugh, as did the rest of the theater, when
Spoiler: show
Loki was talking down to the Hulk and then the Hulk proceeded to smash up Loki like a rag doll. Loki was gasping for air as Hulk muttered "puny god."

The last scene after the credits
where Tony makes good on his shawarma promise and The Avengers are just sitting in this destroyed little restaurant was another nice humorous moment.

That was
Thanos
grinning after the initial credits, right?

I am sure more will come to me but all in all I had a great time. Now I am looking forward to Iron Man 3 under the direction of Shane Black!

Oh yeah, it was also cool getting to see the latest TDKR trailer and Spidey trailers on the big screen. I think this latest installment of the Spidey series should age well. Excited about them both, more so the Dark Knight.
CheMateo

Re: Avengers Assemble!

Postby El Asian » Sat May 05, 2012 11:09 am

manage to watch this for the midnight release plus a bunch of other Marvel movies leading up to the Avengers for 12 hours, just an awesome movie and a great way to start the summer blockbuster and a great balance of comedy and action in this movie and I had initially harped on Joss Whedon directing this when they first announced but I slowly realized as time went, he gets doing team ups and feel he was perfect for this movie and manage to balance each character their own equal screentime
El Asian

Postby Codebreaker82 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:04 pm

First time I seen anyone say they were disspointed with Iron Man 2. That movie was awesome.
Codebreaker82

Postby CheMateo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:47 pm

I wish I could have seen this "awesome" movie. I just left utterly disappointed. I went with a group of six other people and never before have I left a movie where it was unanimously agreed upon by so many that what we just watched was utter rubbish. I saw it a second time just in case I over hyped myself before my first go around. It was just as bad the second time. Mickey Rourke on the surface is a more interesting villain than War Monger but is given nothing to do and is just one dimensional. Whiplash spends all his time tinkering with drones and jobs out in just a few minutes. Iron Man and War Machine easily defeat those drones. That was very anti-climatic. Iron Man just easily creates a new element to keep himself alive. How simple and convenient. They brush on Stark's alcohol problems in a campy way. War Machine and Iron Man have a goofy fight and Iron Man pisses himself. Yada, yada, yada the movie just did nothing for me.

However, I am excited about the third installment. Sure the second one was a bump in the road but I remain optimistic about the third film due to Shane Black. Black directed Downey Jr in his true come back film, the glorious Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Check it out. Black has the credentials for awesome original action sequences and fun snappy dialogue (Lethal Weapon 1 & 2, The Long Kiss Goodnight, The Last Boy Scout, and KKBB). Black is also directing. A good move on RDJ's part in enlisting the help of Shane Black.

The Avengers was a festival of fun and I am sure Iron Man III will be a wonderful follow up.
CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:08 pm

I guess I can see why Iron Man 2 wasn't quite as good as it should have been, I still didn't mind the movie for what it was but I can understand why people hated it

speaking of Iron Man 3, in a recent leaked picture, it was revealed that the Iron Patriot would appear, this was apparently denied but had it appeared, it was going to be someone else under the suit than in the comics, since in the comics, the Iron Patriot was Norman Osborne, aka the Green Goblin, and since Spider-man movie rights are owned by Sony and not Disney, there was no chance of any reference of Spider-man to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, right?

turns out, there actually was going to be a reference to Amazing Spider-man in the Avengers and surprisingly enough, both Sony and Disney were willing to allow it to happen, sadly, it didn't happen in a very bad case of timing for things to happen

http://latino-review.com/2012/06/11/spi ... gers-sort/

now whether this means a possibility for a small crossover, we can only hope
El Asian

Postby El Asian » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:57 pm

well an update, as the Avengers has been out, Marvel plans an amazing box set for the bluray that features all the Marvel films leading up to the Avengers as well called Phase One: Avengers Assembled

as for Phase Two? As of Comic Con, these were announced

El Asian

Postby CheMateo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Does the set come in that IRS style briefcase with our very own Tesseract?

When I initially heard Ant Man was in the works I was not very keen on the idea. I will give it a fair shake though know that Edgar Wright is involved. I would have preferred to see Cap fight during WWII or the Cold War rather than see him in our time. Iron Man 3 should be great, I am looking forward to that. I hope that this build for Phase 2 pays off like Avengers did.
CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:11 pm

CheMateo wrote:Does the set come in that IRS style briefcase with our very own Tesseract?

When I initially heard Ant Man was in the works I was not very keen on the idea. I will give it a fair shake though know that Edgar Wright is involved. I would have preferred to see Cap fight during WWII or the Cold War rather than see him in our time. Iron Man 3 should be great, I am looking forward to that. I hope that this build for Phase 2 pays off like Avengers did.

yes, the IRS-style briefcase with its own Tesserect does come with the set and as for Captain America 2, I prefer it being set in modern times since the point of Captain America is that he is adjusting to modern times plus the title already reveals the next villain for the 2nd Captain America film, which has me most excited about it, as for Ant-Man, the unfinished test footage I saw at Comic Con looks really good, the suit used looks interesting and will probably get some complaints about it as it has more of an armor looked to it, hopefully whoever they cast as Hank Pym and/or Scott Lang, it should be interesting and as for Iron Man 3, the trailer I've seen looks really good, they are hoping to avoid the same mistakes with Iron Man 2 but Ben Kingsley looks great as The Mandarin and yes, that is official now
El Asian

Return to General Discussion