Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:43 am

Great to see Willie Mack last night at CZW Best of the Best XI. Made a great connection with the crowd and I'd love to see him back.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Just a little something I made.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:34 am

I expect somebody to post DDT4 2012 results immediately tonight. 8)
Garden State Saint

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:I expect somebody to post DDT4 2012 results immediately tonight. 8)

LoL!! Don't worry bro, ill try and hook u up.
I know i'll have at least the 1st round up by break time, but after the break im usually drunk & high as a mutherf&ker :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:02 am

Awesome, Awesome show I love me some Sami Callihan he will definatly be back after his performances last night... and holy fucking shit Brian Cage was amazing, I never knew he was that good.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 am

So was a return date announced last night?
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:20 am

Garden State Saint wrote:So was a return date announced last night?

no
eastbay510

Postby BrianS » Fri May 04, 2012 8:43 am

I'm watching World's Finest right now. Were the fans getting on Kyle O'Reilley for his punchy kicky mma cosplay offense? Because I approve. :P I think even Joey Ryan on commentary was a little tired of it. He said something like, "this Kyle O'Reilley sure does like strikes." :lol:
BrianS

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:03 am

BrianS wrote:I'm watching World's Finest right now. Were the fans getting on Kyle O'Reilley for his punchy kicky mma cosplay offense? Because I approve. :P I think even Joey Ryan on commentary was a little tired of it. He said something like, "this Kyle O'Reilley sure does like strikes." :lol:

Can't speak for other fans, but it was my first time seeing him wrestle and I didn't care for his performance. It was like he watched a Davey Richards match before he went out and set out to recreate it spot for spot.
abouttreefitty350

Postby SlayJ » Fri May 04, 2012 1:00 pm

abouttreefitty350 wrote:
BrianS wrote:I'm watching World's Finest right now. Were the fans getting on Kyle O'Reilley for his punchy kicky mma cosplay offense? Because I approve. :P I think even Joey Ryan on commentary was a little tired of it. He said something like, "this Kyle O'Reilley sure does like strikes." :lol:

Can't speak for other fans, but it was my first time seeing him wrestle and I didn't care for his performance. It was like he watched a Davey Richards match before he went out and set out to recreate it spot for spot.

I haven't watched this match yet, so I can't comment on it specifically. But I think Kyle is a great, athletic strong style wrestler. His offense certainly does have a lot in common with Davey's, whom he apes pretty solidly in my book. But if that style isn't your particular brand of vodka, I guess I can see how he might not do much for you. Personally I'm not sold on him as a singles guy yet (not that I've had much sampling of that). But he and Cole have a tremendous connection and they've been involved in a couple of the best PWG matches within the past 6 months. So basically I dig the guy in a tag situation. Jury is out on him going it alone.
SlayJ

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:04 pm

SlayJ wrote:
abouttreefitty350 wrote:

I haven't watched this match yet, so I can't comment on it specifically. But I think Kyle is a great, athletic strong style wrestler. His offense certainly does have a lot in common with Davey's, whom he apes pretty solidly in my book. But if that style isn't your particular brand of vodka, I guess I can see how he might not do much for you. Personally I'm not sold on him as a singles guy yet (not that I've had much sampling of that). But he and Cole have a tremendous connection and they've been involved in a couple of the best PWG matches within the past 6 months. So basically I dig the guy in a tag situation. Jury is out on him going it alone.

I really like Davey, but I'm not interested in seeing someone else using his entire moveset.
abouttreefitty350

Postby rohgenextfan » Fri May 04, 2012 1:37 pm

abouttreefitty350 wrote:
SlayJ wrote:
abouttreefitty350 wrote:

I really like Davey, but I'm not interested in seeing someone else using his entire moveset.

I get that feeling with O Reilley, Cole, and Edwards. All three of them, to me, come off as fanboys or marks trying to be Davey Richards. Wrestlers should be different. When three wrestlers emulate one big name wrestler, and are allied with that singular figure, there's going to be mocking and resentment. Also, Steen has been on a tear criticizing Davey and his marks by calling them "Jiu Jitsu Jackoffs" in Ring Of Honor. He even has a shirt for that phrase. Guess what the fans at World's Finest were calling Eddie Edwards?
rohgenextfan

Postby BrianS » Fri May 04, 2012 2:18 pm

It's pro wrestling. Spit out the fake tough guy mouth guard and do some fuckin holds. :P
BrianS

Postby eastbay510 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Kyle I understand why people say he is just like Davey, Eddie and Cole I dont at all, Eddie dosent do that many strikes at all besides chops and super kicks, and Cole is the most different of all of them, I really wish he would turn heel and do what he's doing in CZW, people dont realise just how much charisma the guy has.
eastbay510

Postby rohgenextfan » Fri May 04, 2012 3:16 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Kyle I understand why people say he is just like Davey, Eddie and Cole I dont at all, Eddie dosent do that many strikes at all besides chops and super kicks, and Cole is the most different of all of them, I really wish he would turn heel and do what he's doing in CZW, people dont realise just how much charisma the guy has.

When I see Cole, he is with either Davey, Edwards, or O ' Reilley. If He's as charismatic as you say he is, then it's too bad the guy is stuck in Smokey Mountain Wrestling of Honor. And, unfortunately, I don't care for CZW.
rohgenextfan

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri May 04, 2012 8:28 pm

The character Cole can do will break through when they need it. No need to just through it out there just because.
Garden State Saint

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri May 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Aries just had to choin "Smokey Mountain of Honor". :lol:
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:32 pm

rohgenextfan wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Kyle I understand why people say he is just like Davey, Eddie and Cole I dont at all, Eddie dosent do that many strikes at all besides chops and super kicks, and Cole is the most different of all of them, I really wish he would turn heel and do what he's doing in CZW, people dont realise just how much charisma the guy has.

When I see Cole, he is with either Davey, Edwards, or O ' Reilley. If He's as charismatic as you say he is, then it's too bad the guy is stuck in Smokey Mountain Wrestling of Honor. And, unfortunately, I don't care for CZW.

I love ROH, it is however a charisma vacume, the only people who are actually entertaining charisma wise are The Briscoes, The Bravados, Jimmy Jacobs and Kevin Steen. Everyone feels very restricted in ROH ever since Cornette said "comedy wrestling dosent sell" and dropped Colt Cabana. I really like CZW as well, they do a really good job of building fueds, the Sami Callihan/Adam Cole fued from last year was really well done and I atribute a huge part to Cole.
eastbay510

Postby BrianS » Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Cornette is supposed to be some genius, yet he's booking "popular brawler vs authority figure" like it's something new. I thought there was some statute of limitations for ripping off other people's angles.

He also booked two black guys vs two confederate flag-wearing white guys on a ROH card called "Southern Defiance." In 2012. Jesus.
BrianS

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun May 06, 2012 4:00 am

if you haven't seen adam cole doing his heel thing in CZW you're missing out. it hurts me to see him in PWG doing what he does in RoH. like i'm really glad to see the guy in PWG but at the same time pissed i don't get to see him doing what he does best. future shock is a fun team to watch but such a waste of cole.
LBOinyamouf4sho

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum