May 25th next show, my first

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

May 25th next show, my first

Postby spawnsyxx9 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:33 pm

So it was announced on the twitter that May 25th is the next show. It will be my first as well as a friend of mine coming from Chicago & my gf. What should we expect & any post show excursions would be helpful.
spawnsyxx9

Re: May 25th next show, my first

Postby loserkings007 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:55 am

I signed up for this forum a week or so ago and finally got accepted, Haha 8)

Well DDT4 this past weekend was my first LIVE PWG show and it was a fantastic one! I will certainly be back on May25th.

Based on my DDT4 experience, here's what to expect...

What kind of tickets will you be getting? Front Row/Presale General Admission/ or buy them at the door? If you can get front, I suggest that since it's only $5 more. Also from what I remember the 3 tickets I listed stand in 3 different lines and they let in, in that order. If you order tickets online (Front Row/ or General Admission) you don't get a physical ticket, but instead when you walk in, they will ask for your name that you placed the order in, and will hand you the tickets there. If I were you I would get there around 5-ish when the line is short (also there is a ton of parking at this time), I got there at 5:15pm and managed to get a good second row seat (since I had General Admission). First 2-3 rows I would say is the 'Splash zone' where you would have to get up and move if they dive over the ropes ect. It's pretty fun. They do sell Shirt's and DVD's there, I picked up a few when I was there.

Hope I helped :P
loserkings007

Postby spawnsyxx9 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:38 pm

For sure you did. Yeah front row is the plan. Thanks man.
spawnsyxx9

Postby loserkings007 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:54 pm

No problem! Hope you enjoy the show!
loserkings007

Postby BOLA4ever » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:22 pm

loserkings007 wrote:I signed up for this forum a week or so ago and finally got accepted, Haha 8)

Well DDT4 this past weekend was my first LIVE PWG show and it was a fantastic one! I will certainly be back on May25th.

Based on my DDT4 experience, here's what to expect...

What kind of tickets will you be getting? Front Row/Presale General Admission/ or buy them at the door? If you can get front, I suggest that since it's only $5 more. Also from what I remember the 3 tickets I listed stand in 3 different lines and they let in, in that order. If you order tickets online (Front Row/ or General Admission) you don't get a physical ticket, but instead when you walk in, they will ask for your name that you placed the order in, and will hand you the tickets there. If I were you I would get there around 5-ish when the line is short (also there is a ton of parking at this time), I got there at 5:15pm and managed to get a good second row seat (since I had General Admission). First 2-3 rows I would say is the 'Splash zone' where you would have to get up and move if they dive over the ropes ect. It's pretty fun. They do sell Shirt's and DVD's there, I picked up a few when I was there.

Hope I helped :P

Welcome to the PWG Community man
BOLA4ever

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Indeed welcome to the wooooorrrrrllllldddd of tomorrow!!!! :lol:
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Itchypanda » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:04 pm

spawnsyxx9 wrote:So it was announced on the twitter that May 25th is the next show. It will be my first as well as a friend of mine coming from Chicago & my gf. What should we expect & any post show excursions would be helpful.

First of all, welcome to PWG! The live shows are immensely fun, just be prepared to move from your seat, unless you sit against the walls. I would suggest eat a lot pre-show and the show will likely last until 11:30 pm, midnight or later, so post-show, you may just want to drive home (or hotel, or friend's place or w/e) and sleep afterwards. Your adrenaline may be flowing, so you might be wide awake on the way home.
Itchypanda

Postby spawnsyxx9 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Itchypanda wrote:
spawnsyxx9 wrote:So it was announced on the twitter that May 25th is the next show. It will be my first as well as a friend of mine coming from Chicago & my gf. What should we expect & any post show excursions would be helpful.

First of all, welcome to PWG! The live shows are immensely fun, just be prepared to move from your seat, unless you sit against the walls. I would suggest eat a lot pre-show and the show will likely last until 11:30 pm, midnight or later, so post-show, you may just want to drive home (or hotel, or friend's place or w/e) and sleep afterwards. Your adrenaline may be flowing, so you might be wide awake on the way home.

lol thanks yeah we already have hotel rooms booked and it's close to the venue so I believe it is within walking distance but I will have a car available.
spawnsyxx9

Postby the.devil.himself » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:30 pm

don't drink while waiting in line before the show..
the.devil.himself

Postby SlayJ » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am

Alright since no line-up has been set as of yet for the 25th, what match-ups would you like to see? Here's a quick little card I'm compiling up in the noggin...not necessarily in this order

1) El Generico -vs Richochet...I'm hoping they pull the trigger on FINALLY giving us the Generico/Richochet rematch. They had such a good little rivalry brewing there, it would be a shame to never get back to it. This pairing is way past due and would be way past incredible!

2) Davey Richards vs Michael Elgin...The word has been out that Elgin would like to compete in PWG. Why not put together a West Coast rematch of the biggest hyped indie match of the year thus far? Let's see what these two can do in front of the Reseda crowd!

3) Future Shock -vs- Chuck Taylor/Johnny Gargano... I know it's a longshot, but I'd be stoked to see two of my favorite tag teams (who just happen to be feuding elsewhere) be unified and pitted against each other in the wacky world of PWG (plus this match could rule!)

4) Willie Mack vs Sami Callihan...Two top contenders stiffing the hell outta each other. Plus I need at least ONE MORE "Fat Guy in a Little Coat" reference!

5) Roderick Strong vs Scorpio Sky...I'm not sure if this match has ever happened, but I'd like to see Scorp get a solid singles match on this show. And I think this could really be fun.

6) Joey Ryan/Ray Rosas/Peter Avalon -vs- Famous B/Chris Kadillak/Candice LaRae...What can I say, I'm a sucker for the zany 6-8 Person PWG comedy spotfests. Ryan, Rosas & Pete are the ultimate sleazy trio.

7) Fightin' Taylor Boys vs RockNES Monsters...I gotta admit it, I'm finally buying the hype on the Taylors a little bit. They seem to have some momentum on their side and gaining a measure of revenge against RockNES (with Chuckie T helping out) could start them up the ladder towards a title shot down the line. And it wouldn't be a PWG show without the Johnny's involved!

8) SSB vs Young Bucks (#1 Contenders match)...Even better, If Dragon is ready to go by then perhaps you could have him and Steen show up saying "We'll take em' both, we're Hardcore!" (Sorry, Tommy Dreamer). Make it a 3-way...put the straps on SSB.

Thoughts?
SlayJ

Postby the.devil.himself » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:06 pm

steen's probably gonna face elgin..
the.devil.himself

Postby SlayJ » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:06 pm

the.devil.himself wrote:steen's probably gonna face elgin..

Well playing on the hypothetical that Steen defeats Davey at "Border Wars"...and also assuming that Elgin IS coming in, the best scenario to me would be to have Elgin go over Richards before getting a title shot versus Steen. That way, both guys can play off the fact that they have recently taken down arguably the top indie star of the past few years. Sure, I understand that what goes on in ROH doesn't have to play in to what happens in PWG. But I for one enjoy having stories overlap a bit and keep some kind of logic and flow to the big picture.

Elgin goes over Davey, makes the challenge to Steen for next show and we've got a title match for down the line.

As for Kevin's place as a tag team champion with Dragon, I think the injury to SD has pretty much killed their momentum and there's no need to keep both titles on Steen. There are several good young teams that could really use a run with the straps (SSB, RockNES, Taylor's, Future Shock). So even if it means hotshotting an angle to break up the team, I think something should happen on the 25th to move in that direction.
SlayJ

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:55 pm

I really want to see Brian Cage-Taylor vs. Eddie Edwards, I think they should capitalise on Cage's DDT performance and Edwards is a guy who makes others look good.
eastbay510

Postby So Cal Punk » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:08 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I really want to see Brian Cage-Taylor vs. Eddie Edwards, I think they should capitalise on Cage's DDT performance and Edwards is a guy who makes others look good.

this i would also like to see
So Cal Punk

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:29 am

eastbay510 wrote:I really want to see Brian Cage-Taylor vs. Eddie Edwards, I think they should capitalise on Cage's DDT performance and Edwards is a guy who makes others look good.

This. Brian Cage deserves to be moved from show opening tag match to upper mid card singles matches. His performance at DDT4 was beyond impressive.
abouttreefitty350

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:29 am

the.devil.himself wrote:don't drink while waiting in line before the show..

yes, and remember larry is a dick, so don't have any gum, candy, jerky, sharpie for autographs, etc in your pockets or you will have to toss it. took my sons cough drops for fucks sake.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby BOLA4ever » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Reseda would be perfect without that asshole Larry
BOLA4ever

Postby rohgenextfan » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Who's Larry? What did Larry do to cause PWG staff to check everyone's pockets/
rohgenextfan

Postby Matt Flash » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:36 pm

I'd like to see something along these lines...

Brian Cage-Taylor vs. Adam Cole- Just... yes. This match would be fan-fucking-tastic. Cage is stepping it up big-time, and Cole is always game for a great match.

Dynasty, Rosas and Ryan Taylor vs. RockNES, Perkins and Candace. I'd take out Taylor and Candace, but, I know they'll more than likely be included.

Young Bucks vs. 2 Husky Black Guys- The runners up vs. the team that thinks they should be #1 contenders. Seems only right, I think. And this would be a HOT match, with everything up in the air since PWG always seems to pick the perfect spots for Super teams to win/lose and the Bucks to win/lose. It's always a surprise, and I could easily see both of these teams winning.

Sami Callahan vs. Roderick Strong- This could be a fantastic thing of beauty. I'd love nothing more than for this to happen.

Davey Richards vs. Kyle O'Reilly- I still want this match, damnit!

Super Smash Brothers vs. The Briscoes- I'm not a huge Briscoes fan anymore. I more enjoy their promos. But their name still carries a lot of weight on the indies, and it would be a huge feather in SSB's cap on the way to their big Tag Team Title match.

PWG World Title Match: Kevin Steen (c) vs. Eddie Edwards- You could make the argument that it was Generico's move that put Edwards away, and Steen stole that pin. PLUS, Edwards was supposed to get a one-on-one match anyways, so let him get that rematch the right way. And you can also let Super Dragon sit out and stay healthy, just to be sure he can wrestle at the Anniversary Show. That's infinitely more important than a random post-tourney show.

Easy peasy.
Matt Flash

Postby SlayJ » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Matt Flash wrote:I'd like to see something along these lines...

Brian Cage-Taylor vs. Adam Cole- Just... yes. This match would be fan-fucking-tastic. Cage is stepping it up big-time, and Cole is always game for a great match.

Dynasty, Rosas and Ryan Taylor vs. RockNES, Perkins and Candace. I'd take out Taylor and Candace, but, I know they'll more than likely be included.

Young Bucks vs. 2 Husky Black Guys- The runners up vs. the team that thinks they should be #1 contenders. Seems only right, I think. And this would be a HOT match, with everything up in the air since PWG always seems to pick the perfect spots for Super teams to win/lose and the Bucks to win/lose. It's always a surprise, and I could easily see both of these teams winning.

Sami Callahan vs. Roderick Strong- This could be a fantastic thing of beauty. I'd love nothing more than for this to happen.

Davey Richards vs. Kyle O'Reilly- I still want this match, damnit!

Super Smash Brothers vs. The Briscoes- I'm not a huge Briscoes fan anymore. I more enjoy their promos. But their name still carries a lot of weight on the indies, and it would be a huge feather in SSB's cap on the way to their big Tag Team Title match.

PWG World Title Match: Kevin Steen (c) vs. Eddie Edwards- You could make the argument that it was Generico's move that put Edwards away, and Steen stole that pin. PLUS, Edwards was supposed to get a one-on-one match anyways, so let him get that rematch the right way. And you can also let Super Dragon sit out and stay healthy, just to be sure he can wrestle at the Anniversary Show. That's infinitely more important than a random post-tourney show.

Easy peasy.

I am a Eddie Edwards fan and I'm always happy to see him on a PWG card, but I have zero interest in seeing him challenge Steen for the title right now. I do see the logic in the match and it would be fine, but it's pure vanilla and ultimately meaningless. Steen doesn't have any truly serious challengers at the moment which makes it a good time to sort out the tag title situation. Let's face it, if Dragon IS coming back, it should be as a challenger to the World Title. And even if he can't do much at the moment, I'm sure he and Steen can do a good brawl that leads to them losing the straps and sets them up as adversaries a few months down the line.

I'm always up for a visit to Reseda by the Briscoes. They should've been brought in for DDT4, but I'd be game for a Briscoes vs SSB match-up on the 25th.

Callihan vs Strong would be a very good hard hitting match. Of course if PWG was going in that direction they would've probably had some kind of heat surface between the two after losing in the tag tourney (and I don't recall anything like that being played up). Callihan vs Mack makes more sense.

The singles matches with Cole, Cage-Taylor and O'Reilly are solid matches on paper...I'd just prefer seeing those guys sticking to the tag scene right now. But I do see Brian Cage breaking out on his own soon.

Some solid ideas, Matt
SlayJ

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum