"YES!" & "iSI!" chants

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

"YES!" & "iSI!" chants

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Did we get that from somewhere else or did we start that? I know daniel bryan started them, but World's Finest was the first time I've seen it actually chanted to that degree. These chants are a big thing in WWE now, so it would be awesome if these chants started in PWG.
So Cal Punk

Re: "YES!" & "iSI!" chants

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:59 pm

It will be interesting to see if the chant continues next week after the WrestleMania crowd/buzz has died down.
Garden State Saint

Postby eldink » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:17 pm

ring of honor was first i believe...but we did recognize the potential
eldink

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:It will be interesting to see if the chant continues next week after the WrestleMania crowd/buzz has died down.

Judging by RAW it seems like its even more over now then before Wrestlemania
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:46 am

eldink wrote:ring of honor was first i believe...but we did recognize the potential

I didn't want to be the one to harsh So Cal Punk's buzz but yeah, gotta give it to the crowd at ROH's 10th anniversary show.
Garden State Saint

Postby ajday » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:31 pm

So Cal Punk wrote:Did we get that from somewhere else or did we start that? I know daniel bryan started them, but World's Finest was the first time I've seen it actually chanted to that degree. These chants are a big thing in WWE now, so it would be awesome if these chants started in PWG.

It'll be fun while it lasts, but something tells me it'll get like the other chants that happen in Reseda, like the "WRESTLING!" "YAY!" response chants, and that one person will do them throughout the night and it will get annoying by like the third match. I like the chant, I thought it was different -- but the last thing I want to see is it continuously done well after its done once or twice in a night. Some people can't stand the heavy repetition of these chants. I know I'm not the only one who is like this.

But, for now, chant it up. haha
ajday

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:09 am

Like Corino said in NYC, fans are pretty fickle when it comes to chants as "YES!" is the new thing and "KILL STEEN KILL" is already a thing of the past. For the sake of the next show I would bring back "KILL STEEN KILL" in a big way.
Garden State Saint

Postby rohgenextfan » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:48 am

Garden State Saint wrote:Like Corino said in NYC, fans are pretty fickle when it comes to chants as "YES!" is the new thing and "KILL STEEN KILL" is already a thing of the past. For the sake of the next show I would bring back "KILL STEEN KILL" in a big way.

I know. I chanted "Kill Steen Kill" and I don't remember anyone really joining in. I also tried to start a "Dynasty" chant when Joey Ryan came out to coach Scorpio Sky. Oddly enough, I got one person to chant along with me. His friend then asked what He was chanting about and the guy didn't know.
rohgenextfan

Postby rohgenextfan » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:51 am

ajday wrote:
So Cal Punk wrote:Did we get that from somewhere else or did we start that? I know daniel bryan started them, but World's Finest was the first time I've seen it actually chanted to that degree. These chants are a big thing in WWE now, so it would be awesome if these chants started in PWG.

It'll be fun while it lasts, but something tells me it'll get like the other chants that happen in Reseda, like the "WRESTLING!" "YAY!" response chants, and that one person will do them throughout the night and it will get annoying by like the third match. I like the chant, I thought it was different -- but the last thing I want to see is it continuously done well after its done once or twice in a night. Some people can't stand the heavy repetition of these chants. I know I'm not the only one who is like this.

But, for now, chant it up. haha

Watch the drunk people do that. "Ssssssuuuuuuuuppppppppppppeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Drrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"
rohgenextfan

Postby ajday » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:03 pm

rohgenextfan wrote:Watch the drunk people do that. "Ssssssuuuuuuuuppppppppppppeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Drrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

And watch the drunk ones do racist chants, or chants that don't make any sense whatsoever, or get yelled to "Shut the f up!". It's all happened before, but since some people don't understand when to shut up, it never goes "out of style" to be drunk and chant stupid shit.
ajday

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
eldink wrote:ring of honor was first i believe...but we did recognize the potential

I didn't want to be the one to harsh So Cal Punk's buzz but yeah, gotta give it to the crowd at ROH's 10th anniversary show.

lol i don't care really, i just thought it would be cool
So Cal Punk

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Do not compare "Yes" chant to "Wrestling Yay" chant. When we created wrestling yay chant back in the day, we didn't copy WWE or ROH fans. We originated this shit. I fucking hated Yes chant.
krayzie Bone

Postby So Cal Punk » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:17 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Do not compare "Yes" chant to "Wrestling Yay" chant. When we created wrestling yay chant back in the day, we didn't copy WWE or ROH fans. We originated this shit. I fucking hated Yes chant.

i'm pretty sure we got "wrestling! yay!" from IWA or something like that.
So Cal Punk

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:47 am

Yes I'm from IWA, I brought it to California.
krayzie Bone

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:59 am

krayzie Bone wrote:Do not compare "Yes" chant to "Wrestling Yay" chant. When we created wrestling yay chant back in the day, we didn't copy WWE or ROH fans. We originated this shit. I fucking hated Yes chant.

"Hated"? Its still going on!

Garden State Saint

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:29 am

I don't give a fuck if its going on. I don't watch WWE. But hey if you want to see the best wrestler in the world being jobbed to Sheamus in less then 18 seconds, God bless you. No self respected Indy fan should patronize this garbage.
krayzie Bone

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:13 am

krayzie Bone wrote:I don't give a fuck if its going on. I don't watch WWE. But hey if you want to see the best wrestler in the world being jobbed to Sheamus in less then 18 seconds, God bless you. No self respected Indy fan should patronize this garbage.

DANGEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Garden State Saint

Postby rohgenextfan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:40 pm

Bryan Danielson got the "Yes" chants back in 2004.

rohgenextfan

Postby rohgenextfan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:43 pm

rohgenextfan wrote:Bryan Danielson got the "Yes" chants back in 2004.

I tried to post the video but I guess it didn't work. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjIdSkDX4wo

I read one of the threads that said I shouldn't post full matches so I think I'm fine.
rohgenextfan

Postby So Cal Punk » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:

"Hated"? Its still going on!

. . . :shock: i'm useing this.
So Cal Punk

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum