The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:34 pm

rohgenextfan wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:Yeah, Steen is gonna need some back up against the Callihan Death Machine.

CIMA, Richochet, Tozawa, and Super Dragon come to mind.

Why Ricochet? The only reason I could think of is because they both don't like Generico right now.
So Cal Punk

Postby El Asian » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:55 am

eastbay510 wrote:Michael Elgin... His match with Davey on saturday was awarded 5 stars, and I agree it was absolutly amazing, in my humble opinion it was Richards best match.

I've been suggesting Elgin for a bit and some are eh on him but I think he should get a shot soon plus Elgin himself has been interested in coming to PWG though I don't know if his match with Richards was really 5 stars or its just Meltzer overrating stuff again as Meltzer did say that Elgin vs. Richards would be top 3 WrestleMania match if it were on any WrestleMania card

eastbay510 wrote:If Shaun Ricker was brought in as a bodygaurd I say put him with Peter Avalon

I agree with this more, if anything, Ricker would be perfect to team with Avalon for a bit, personally I prefer PWG's way of booking where they just put him in a match when they have the press release for shows
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:58 am

El Asian wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Michael Elgin... His match with Davey on saturday was awarded 5 stars, and I agree it was absolutly amazing, in my humble opinion it was Richards best match.

I've been suggesting Elgin for a bit and some are eh on him but I think he should get a shot soon plus Elgin himself has been interested in coming to PWG though I don't know if his match with Richards was really 5 stars or its just Meltzer overrating stuff again as Meltzer did say that Elgin vs. Richards would be top 3 WrestleMania match if it were on any WrestleMania card

Elgin is a beast and finally getting the praise he deserves. But if Elgin were to come to PWG would he still have a partnership with Strong?
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:40 pm

El Asian wrote:

eastbay510 wrote:If Shaun Ricker was brought in as a bodygaurd I say put him with Peter Avalon

I agree with this more, if anything, Ricker would be perfect to team with Avalon for a bit, personally I prefer PWG's way of booking where they just put him in a match when they have the press release for shows

I know Meltzer overrates/underrates things a lot of times but that was one of the greatest matches Ive ever seen, Daveys best match (yes better then his match with Tyler) and posiby the greatest match in ROH history ( and this is coming from a guy who has seen almost every highly praised ROH match). 5 stars no question.
eastbay510

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:32 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:are you guys just fuking with me or what?? i mean callihan is much smaller and coming on to steens turf where he has a partner(super dragon) why would steen need back up much less somebody to act as his muscle??

i meant ricker could be callihans back up/muscle.

Haha, I dont know how I missed that, its pretty obvious what you meant now... I really think it would be even more contradictory to Sami's charicter then Steens to have Ricker as his muscle. Sami is dirty, grimy, ugly, the exact oposite of Ricker. Callihan cut a promo in a dark room hanging out with a guy with a fake mario mustashe and a girl with a power ranger helmet, and talked about how these are his kinds of people and he hates guys with natural talent who didnt have to overcome the same things or "work as hard" as the dirty ugly people did. I like Ricker, but he is more of a guy who would fued with Sami then team with him. I dont mean to insault you but I really dont think it would work. I think Ricker would be better suited as a heel with a bitch heel gimick.

those are good points and i don't really disagree with any of it, i'm just saying it's going to be hard for sami to be the heel in this because steen has all the advantages(size, strength, home turf). i figure he needs some muscle and ricker has that and has history with callihan(plus i just want to see ricker in pwg).
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:07 am

eastbay510 wrote:I know Meltzer overrates/underrates things a lot of times but that was one of the greatest matches Ive ever seen, Daveys best match (yes better then his match with Tyler)

Which Richards vs. Black match? DBD VIII?
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:46 am

Garden State Saint wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I know Meltzer overrates/underrates things a lot of times but that was one of the greatest matches Ive ever seen, Daveys best match (yes better then his match with Tyler)

Which Richards vs. Black match? DBD VIII?

Yes sir... In my opinion his match with Elgin was better, either way they are both great matches and I would love to see Michael get a shot in PWG.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Would be a great candidate if they expand the BOLA field this year.
Garden State Saint

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:36 pm

Jarek 1:20 just moved to LA. I think he could fit-in in PWG.
So Cal Punk

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:07 pm

I've only seen a handful of his matches and nothing too recent. Is he still doing the same gimmick?
Garden State Saint

Postby So Cal Punk » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:I've only seen a handful of his matches and nothing too recent. Is he still doing the same gimmick?

The magic one? yeah, but his wrestling skills have greatly improved.
So Cal Punk

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:11 am

So Cal Punk wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:I've only seen a handful of his matches and nothing too recent. Is he still doing the same gimmick?

So he is still doing the card tricks?
Garden State Saint

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:30 am

So Cal Punk wrote:

So he is still doing the card tricks?

he also can turn out the lights n' put his opponent in a straight jacket, hipnotize people, & has this move where it looks like he's levitating then does an elbow drop.
So Cal Punk

Postby rohgenextfan » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:49 am

rohgenextfan wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:Yeah, Steen is gonna need some back up against the Callihan Death Machine.

CIMA, Richochet, Tozawa, and Super Dragon come to mind.

He'll need more backup against CDM. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jimmy Jacobs?
rohgenextfan

Postby El Asian » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:52 am

probably because I've been watching a bunch of matches from IWRG, a lucha fed, but I would like to see PWG bring some guys from there in, at least Los Trauamas, who are gonna work CZW soon involving Sami Callihan, and Comando Negro
El Asian

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Just posted on the Twitter page for PWG, Michael Elgin will make his PWG Debut on May 25 . Wonder what the chances he goes up with Steen ?
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:11 am

ShadowMaster wrote:Just posted on the Twitter page for PWG, Michael Elgin will make his PWG Debut on May 25 . Wonder what the chances he goes up with Steen ?

good shit, Elgin is awesome!!! He works really well with high flyers, hope he wrestles Ricochet.
eastbay510

Postby loserkings007 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:57 am

ShadowMaster wrote:Just posted on the Twitter page for PWG, Michael Elgin will make his PWG Debut on May 25 . Wonder what the chances he goes up with Steen ?

Just saw that too. Looking forward to seeing him again! I saw him LIVE in Florida earlier this month.
loserkings007

Postby Itchypanda » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Though, a Ricochet vs. M. Elgin match would be great, I'd love for him to match up with Sami Callihan, if he's back from Japan by May 25th. Or a re-match with Davey Richards from the other fed's iPPV.
Itchypanda

Postby loserkings007 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:51 pm

A rematch from Davey Richards would be pure gold. I saw their match live and it stole the show. Rematch in Reseda would tear the house down!
loserkings007

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum