Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's World's Finest on March 17!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's World's Finest on March 17!

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:04 am

Not to 'knock' on Michael Elgin, but... Why does everyone keep saying "Replacement"?
You cannot replace Super Dragon and bringing Elgin in the main-event as Steen's partner doesnt help. Nor does it make any sense.

With that said..
About 8 more hours to go till 'bell' time. This is going to be F'kn Awesome!! :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby rohgenextfan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:30 am

Can someone say Generico!?!?!
rohgenextfan

Postby ajday » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:56 am

The_Sharpshooter wrote:Not to 'knock' on Michael Elgin, but... Why does everyone keep saying "Replacement"?
You cannot replace Super Dragon and bringing Elgin in the main-event as Steen's partner doesnt help. Nor does it make any sense.

With that said..
About 8 more hours to go till 'bell' time. This is going to be F'kn Awesome!! :mrgreen:

Dragon's injured. I'm sure most people want to see the same match as the main event in some way or form.
ajday

Postby fatallylost » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Aaaand Steen has all the gold!
fatallylost

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Awesome show!!! Spoilers below. Sorry it's not super detailed.

Steen opened the show saying that Super Dragon wasn't going to be there, so he couldn't defend the tag titles. As he was talking, Peter Avalon attacked him from behind. Match starts and Steen beat the living crap out of him. Avalon got some offense in, but Steen wins.

Brian Cage vs. Ray Rosas
Very good match. Constant chants of "fanny pack" during the match due to Rosas coming to the ring with one. Cage hit a nice release northern lights suplex on the apron. Cage wins via huge spinning lariat to the back of Rosas head.

Joey Ryan vs. Candice LeRae
Joey came to the the ring in a robe and clean shaven. Took me a minute to recognize him. Cut a promo introducing the men in the building to the concept of soap, and the women the benefits of using a razor to shave their legs. Takes off his robe and he looks like Andy Kaufman. No joke:
Fun match with Candice getting the win.

Scorpio Sky vs. TJ Perkins
Ok match, with a lot of grappling and submission attempts. Oops, forgot who won. I think it was Scorpio. Hahahah

Super Smash Bros. vs. RockNes Monsters vs. Young Bucks
Co-match of the night. This match benefited from being cut down from a 4 way tag to a 3 way tag. Great chemistry. Buy the dvd for this and the main event. Super Smash Bros. get the win.

Alex Koslov vs. Kyle O'Reilly
I've never seen Kyle O'Reily wrestle before. But if I didn't have my contacts in, I would have thought it was Alex Koslov vs. Davey Richards. Lot's of Russia chants in this one. O'Reily wins.

Willie Mack vs. Roderick Strong
Crowd was over big time for Willie. He came out to "Next world champ" chants. The whole night, people were chanting for someone to do a moonsault. Best one of the night was during this match. Early on, someone said, "I promise you, if you do a f###### moonsault you will win right now." HAHAHAHAH. Mack got the win (not by moonsault).

El Generico vs. Eddie Edwards
Right as the match was about to begin, Steen came out and said that he just spoke with PWG management, and that since he hasn't gotten a rematch with Generico and that he beat Edwards at BOLA, if the two of them agreed, it would be a 3 way for the title. Edwards agrees, and after being goaded by Steen, Generico agrees and promptly Yakuza kicks Steen on the apron. Co-match of the night ensues. Generico hit the top rope brainbuster on Edwards, but as he was going for the pin Steen pulls him outside and hits him with a SICK powerbomb onto the apron. Steen dives in and gets the pin. NEW WORLD CHAMP, Kevin Steen! As he leaves holding the two belts, he said to Generico, "Anything you can do I can do better." Buy the dvd.
abouttreefitty350

Postby The Franchise13 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:19 am

Just got home from a good night of wrestling. Can't say great, but definitely a good night. The reason it wasn't a great night was because something was missing. Could of been Dragon, or maybe the fact that there wasn't a match that made you scream "Holy Shit" or "This is Wrestling".

My notes:

Kevin Steen vs Pretty Pete - Once the match started, the feelin in the air was how Steen was going to Kill Avalon. Even though PPA got some offense in, Steen killed Avalon. Steen left PPA a huge mark on his chest from constant chops. Steen won after Package Piledriver.

Brian Cage vs Ray Rosas - Cage may have won the match, but Rosas truly came out the winner with the fans. "Fanny Pack"

Joey "Kaufman" Ryan vs Candice Lerae - Even though Joey tried to be entertaining with his Kaufman bit, this match wasn't that good. Steen was doing commentary, and you can tell he was bored and disappointed... So was I.

Scorpio Sky vs TJ Perkins - A 3 1/2 star match that went too long for my taste. Scorpio took a sick bump to the outside when TJ didn't catch him. Joey came out to check up on him. Scorpio won by submission via dragon sleeper.

RockNES Monsters vs SuperSmash Bros vs Young Bucks - Amazing match with a lot of back and forward action. Im surprised we didnt see alot of High spots. SSB wins heading into DDT4 with the advantage.

Kyle O'Riley vs Alex Koslov - Most of the crowd was behind Koslov in this match. I was surprised to hear a few "Russia" chants. O'Riley won via submission and got some boos for it.

Roderick Strong vs Willie Mack - Good match, but not great. Willie received a few "Next World Champ" chants.

El Generico vs Eddie Edwards vs Kevin Steen - I was not surprised the Main Event... But was extremely surprised of the outcome. Steen is the NEW CHAMP!!! El Generico gave Eddie a top rope Brainbusta and Steen capitalized by pulling Generico and making the cover.

The question I was asking myself at the end of night was... How badly is Super Dragon hurt? Is he going to be able to be part of DDT4? By Steen winning the title, I have a feeling that the team of "Appetite of Destruction" team will be removed from the Tourney. El Generico doesn't have a match for DDT4... A Steen & Generico match might be possible.
The Franchise13

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:08 am

Well, it wasn't the best of shows, but it was good.
Awesome main-event with an interesting "Twist." Personally, i really enjoyed the Ryan-Candice match.
The whole Andy Kuaffman bit was hilirious....

Joey Ryan as Kauffman: "Women are more special than guys... They can do things we can't.. They can cook, clean, give birth..."

LoL!! :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:17 pm

Awesome show! :mrgreen:
So Cal Punk

Postby rohgenextfan » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Brought a friend to his first PWG show and He had a blast. The only thing He disliked was the Joey Ryan vs Candice Lerae match because of the imagery in the match.

Feel bad for Scorpio Sky and TJ Perkins. They gave a great match that was overshadowed by a drunk female annoying people at the show and instigating a yelling war with other drunkards. She, and other fans, unfortunately took away from a great match and that's horrible considering all the work Sky and Perkins put into their match.

Great show nonetheless.
rohgenextfan

Postby Braeg » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Every time I miss a PWG show for a comic convention, Steen wins the title. Ah well, at least I have some excellent title defenses to look forward to.
Braeg

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Braeg wrote:Every time I miss a PWG show for a comic convention, Steen wins the title. Ah well, at least I have some excellent title defenses to look forward to.

You should miss shows for comic conventions more often. :lol:
So Cal Punk

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:06 am

rohgenextfan wrote:Feel bad for Scorpio Sky and TJ Perkins. They gave a great match that was overshadowed by a drunk female annoying people at the show and instigating a yelling war with other drunkards. She, and other fans, unfortunately took away from a great match and that's horrible considering all the work Sky and Perkins put into their match.

Great show nonetheless.

I agree. Props to Perkins & Sky, it was a good match.
That fat bitch sat right behind me and was pissing me off. The dude in front of us kept yelling and flippin' the finger at her..
The whole situtaion forced me to buy more beer & smoke more so I could 'drone' both of them out. F'kn retards.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby El Asian » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Braeg wrote:Every time I miss a PWG show for a comic convention, Steen wins the title. Ah well, at least I have some excellent title defenses to look forward to.

not sure if it was the same convention, I went to Wondercon in Anaheim and I still manage to go to the show :mrgreen:
El Asian

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:47 pm

That girl was so f'n annoying , even for the amount of beer I was drinking couldn't even help buzz her out . The Moonsault chant was hilarious and the fact that Rodrick told that fan f*ck you even made it better . Major props to TJ and Scorpio that was a hell of a match and Scorpio took a major bump . Loved the 3 way tag match with SSB winning . Was super bummed they didn't bring any shirts to sell but oh well .
ShadowMaster

Postby rohgenextfan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:35 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:That girl was so f'n annoying , even for the amount of beer I was drinking couldn't even help buzz her out . The Moonsault chant was hilarious and the fact that Rodrick told that fan f*ck you even made it better . Major props to TJ and Scorpio that was a hell of a match and Scorpio took a major bump . Loved the 3 way tag match with SSB winning . Was super bummed they didn't bring any shirts to sell but oh well .

I was thinking where's Super Dragon when you need him?
rohgenextfan

Postby KickToKill » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:35 pm

I really hope Super Dragon's not seriously injured, Especially since he got injured in the last DDT tournament he was in
KickToKill

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:43 pm

rohgenextfan wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:That girl was so f'n annoying , even for the amount of beer I was drinking couldn't even help buzz her out . The Moonsault chant was hilarious and the fact that Rodrick told that fan f*ck you even made it better . Major props to TJ and Scorpio that was a hell of a match and Scorpio took a major bump . Loved the 3 way tag match with SSB winning . Was super bummed they didn't bring any shirts to sell but oh well .

I was thinking where's Super Dragon when you need him?

Seriously wheres Dragon and a Table when you need him most .
ShadowMaster

Postby camstun187 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:29 pm

It's a concussion guys. It's probably bad
camstun187

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:40 pm

camstun187 wrote:It's a concussion guys. It's probably bad

Where did you hear that?
abouttreefitty350

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:27 pm

For those that do not have twitter... Super Dragon has a factured heel.
Hence, why he was not at "World's Finest" :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum