Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Meltman » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:17 am

If PWG decided to run during SS weekend and ROH/DGUSA also had shows, they could always do BOLA where you only need to book less than 15 guys total. Last year's BOLA had 14 people on the show.
Meltman
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:18 am

Meltman wrote:If PWG decided to run during SS weekend and ROH/DGUSA also had shows, they could always do BOLA where you only need to book less than 15 guys total. Last year's BOLA had 14 people on the show.

I really hope BOLA isnt only 8 guys again.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:12 am

i'd like to see brian kendrick & peter avalon join scorpio sky & joey ryan in the dynasty.
L bo is the name, in ya mouf4sho
LBOinyamouf4sho
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:14 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:18 am

Seems like Kendrick's date book may have opened up since apparently he has been removed from the TNA roster page.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:33 am

Garden State Saint wrote:Seems like Kendrick's date book may have opened up since apparently he has been removed from the TNA roster page.

Oh God please no, Bryan Kendrick is the last person I want to see back in PWG.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:12 am

The last person? Really?

Callihan & Strong isn't a team I would have thought of but it should still be awesome.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:22 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Kendrick back in PWG personally, I think he could have some great matches with some of the guys PWG has been bringing in as of late
Meltman wrote:If PWG decided to run during SS weekend and ROH/DGUSA also had shows, they could always do BOLA where you only need to book less than 15 guys total. Last year's BOLA had 14 people on the show.

I don't know about that, if DGUSA and ROH ran a show during BOLA, PWG wouldn't be able to use Steen, Strong, Edwards, Chuck, and several other usual fly out talents plus since ROH and DGUSA pretty much runs nearly every WrestleMania weekend at this point, they could let PWG just run their own SummerSlam weekend
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby I Am Hollywood » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:20 pm

DGUSA seems pretty consistent with the months that they run, so I doubt August would really be an issue considering July is their anniversary month and whatnot (even though they did their anniversary show in June last year). ROH is anyone's guess.

I really liked Brian Kendrick in WWE and liked him on the indies in the early 2000's, but ever since he got cut from WWE, he has been very bland in both TNA and random indies barring a few exceptions (Both Aries matches on TNA PPV last year come to mind.) If he worked as the Kendrick of old, I'd be OK with it, especially since he is local.
I Am Hollywood
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:09 pm

that is a good point about DGUSA running their shows on a consistent date though you never know, with DGUSA or ROH on when they run shows, especially ROH as of late but neither companies do have a date for August booked yet

as for Brian Kendrick, I mentioned in another thread, he's not coming back to PWG or any indies it seems, looks like he's returning to the WWE as soon as possible for the cruiserweights show on WWE Network

also, unrelated note, in some coincidence, Wondercon weekend in Anaheim will happen when World's Finest is gonna happen, which goes with the comic book motif going, so anyone going to World's Finest and need something to do before, Wondercon on Saturday has tons of going, just leave maybe early, depending what panels you'd go to, to beat traffic and make it to the PWG show
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Hayabusa420 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:49 pm

So I've been watching some of my old pwg dvds lately and I noticed several shows where super dragon gives this fat guy with glasses a hard time. In one match he even steals the guys glasses and gives them to davey richards to wear. I also saw a epic war match on youtube where kevin steen gives the guy a hard time as well. Anyone have any idea who he is and why dragon dislikes this guy so much?
Your images may only be up to 240 pixels high.
Your images may only be up to 600 pixels wide.
User avatar
Hayabusa420
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:08 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:50 pm

Hayabusa420 wrote:So I've been watching some of my old pwg dvds lately and I noticed several shows where super dragon gives this fat guy with glasses a hard time. In one match he even steals the guys glasses and gives them to davey richards to wear. I also saw a epic war match on youtube where kevin steen gives the guy a hard time as well. Anyone have any idea who he is and why dragon dislikes this guy so much?

you might have to be more specific since there are tons of people that look like that in every PWG show

anyways, I just found out Sami Callihan had a tryout this week for the WWE and then things have gotten much weirder as of late concerning Kevin Steen as Steen has been tweeting with The Rock strangely enough, now you'd think its just The Rock tweeting to Steen just like any celebrity tweets back to fans but then a few of The Rock's tweets have actually put Steen over as a great badass worker (Rock's words, not mine) as well though The Rock also mentions how Steen and Rocky look like twins as well
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:54 pm

El Asian wrote:
Hayabusa420 wrote:So I've been watching some of my old pwg dvds lately and I noticed several shows where super dragon gives this fat guy with glasses a hard time. In one match he even steals the guys glasses and gives them to davey richards to wear. I also saw a epic war match on youtube where kevin steen gives the guy a hard time as well. Anyone have any idea who he is and why dragon dislikes this guy so much?

you might have to be more specific since there are tons of people that look like that in every PWG show


I think that guy's name was Caesar. He used to post here and on SoCalUncensored. No idea why SD always went after him, maybe he didn't like something he posted about him?
User avatar
TigerDriver98
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:47 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:58 am

Super Dragon does the things he does because nobody can stop him and he fears no repercussion.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:38 am

What do People think about the Taylors finisher (assisted destroyer)? I like the move but I really hate the pin afterwords
Spoiler: show
When Ryan Taylor pinned Kadillak of Famous B (cant remember which one) at KRR3
their shoulders were clearly not on the mat but on Ryan Taylors legs.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby BrianS » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:31 pm

When done right, it's a pretty awesome finish. I like it!
User avatar
BrianS
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:01 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:48 pm

BrianS wrote:When done right, it's a pretty awesome finish. I like it!

Dont get me wrong I like the move a lot, but what do you think about the pin after the move? everyone around me was confused and we were asking each other "Does that count as a pin atempt?".
eastbay510
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:11 pm

This is a tad bit random, but maybe somebody knows, What happened to Ronin? After he stopped working PWG he worked the indies out here for a little longer and then fell of the face of the earth. I remember that he had a twitter up until the beginning of last year, but I think he closed his account. So would anybody be able to shed some light on what happened to him?
Image

The New Best In the World
AmericanWolvesMark
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby jdrouskirsh » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:22 pm

AmericanWolvesMark wrote:This is a tad bit random, but maybe somebody knows, What happened to Ronin? After he stopped working PWG he worked the indies out here for a little longer and then fell of the face of the earth. I remember that he had a twitter up until the beginning of last year, but I think he closed his account. So would anybody be able to shed some light on what happened to him?

https://twitter.com/Ronin929
http://www.facebook.com/deathvalleydriver
jdrouskirsh
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:34 am

How often do you guys watch older PWG DVDs?
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby I Am Hollywood » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:40 pm

I'll occasionally watch an older match here and there, but it has been a while since I watched an older show front to back. As silly as it may sound, I may find it somewhat difficult to go back and watch older shows in full due to the quality difference in the way the shows were shot back in 2004 - 2005 compared to anything from 2007 BOLA and beyond. It's amazing at how much PWG has improved in quality over the years in every aspect really.
I Am Hollywood
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:33 am

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests