Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Derper » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:01 pm

Speaking of lookalikes:
The guy in the video HAS to be Ryan Taylor.
Derper
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Limericklad » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:39 am

El Asian wrote:been meaning to bring this up but there's a tumblr dedicated to PWG, with a bunch of nice gifs and quotes from commentary

http://fuckyeahpwg.tumblr.com/

Aw dang, I was just coming to plug this. :P

I run the page, and y'all are welcome to submit any photos you might have from attending live, or favourite quotes or... whatever.

I plan on updating on a regular basis, because otherwise I'll only end up spamming the followers of my personal tumblr to death with PWG. :)
Limericklad
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:41 am

Derper wrote:Speaking of lookalikes:
The guy in the video HAS to be Ryan Taylor.


I'm 99% sure it is too.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:41 am

I would love to see El Generico Vs. Player Uno down the line, I think that could be a great match, also Generico Vs. Sami woulb be intresting.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:17 pm

speaking of Ryan Taylor and Joey Ryan, both men appeared on an episode of RuPaul's Drag Race on the Logo channel, which is a network aimed for the gays, the sad thing is I'm not even surprised Joey Ryan would appear :lol:
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Meltman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:29 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I would love to see El Generico Vs. Player Uno down the line, I think that could be a great match, also Generico Vs. Sami woulb be intresting.

Absolutely.

Also, Generico vs. Stupefied, Steen vs. Stu, Steen vs. Uno. All 4 guys are IWS originals from nearly a decade ago and know each other in and out (Steen/Uno especially). All 4 of these matches in 2012 would be spectacular.
Meltman
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby fatallylost » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Meltman wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I would love to see El Generico Vs. Player Uno down the line, I think that could be a great match, also Generico Vs. Sami woulb be intresting.

Absolutely.

Also, Generico vs. Stupefied, Steen vs. Stu, Steen vs. Uno. All 4 guys are IWS originals from nearly a decade ago and know each other in and out (Steen/Uno especially). All 4 of these matches in 2012 would be spectacular.


4 way for the title?
#PWGkliq #IWLCrew #NobodieCares #GooniesNeverDie
User avatar
fatallylost
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 5:19 pm
Location: La Puente, CA

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Meltman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:41 pm

fatallylost wrote:
Meltman wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I would love to see El Generico Vs. Player Uno down the line, I think that could be a great match, also Generico Vs. Sami woulb be intresting.

Absolutely.

Also, Generico vs. Stupefied, Steen vs. Stu, Steen vs. Uno. All 4 guys are IWS originals from nearly a decade ago and know each other in and out (Steen/Uno especially). All 4 of these matches in 2012 would be spectacular.


4 way for the title?

Nah, they should all happen individually. They would all be memorable for different reasons.
Meltman
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:08 am

What does the "B" stand for in Famous B?
eastbay510
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby jdrouskirsh » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
Derper wrote:Speaking of lookalikes:
The guy in the video HAS to be Ryan Taylor.


I'm 99% sure it is too.

i believe that's footage from the Smackdown ads when they were moving to SyFy in 2010... If I remember correctly, they used Joey Ryan, Ryan Taylor, Scorpio Sky, and Johnny Yuma
I think it's the same clip around 25 seconds in
jdrouskirsh
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby jdrouskirsh » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:32 pm

I guess you can't post two videos on one post? Here's one of the ads, I think it's the same footage around 25 seconds in
jdrouskirsh
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby jdrouskirsh » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Third try
jdrouskirsh
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:38 pm

The three top matches for 3/17 should all be sweet, an excellent transition from KRR3.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:21 am

eastbay510 wrote:What does the "B" stand for in Famous B?

my guess is that it stands for Bartholomew
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby So Cal Punk » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:49 pm

eastbay510 wrote:What does the "B" stand for in Famous B?

it's cuz he's "Famous B" & everyone else just wants to "B Famous" . . . also his name is Brian
JOIN THE SWARM BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
User avatar
So Cal Punk
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:31 pm

So Cal Punk wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:What does the "B" stand for in Famous B?

it's cuz he's "Famous B" & everyone else just wants to "B Famous" . . . also his name is Brian

figured I'd be wrong

anyways, should it be assumed Brandon Bonham can be considered part of owner of PWG now, he does a lot of the graphics for the DVD covers and website as well as seen at PWG shows anyways doing behind the scenes work
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Thats a nice little tidbit. I've really liked the last few covers.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:57 pm

So ROH is bringing in a few up'n'comers on friday, and their bringing in the team of Mikey Nickells and Shane Haste. I did some research and saw they had a couple matches in NOAH and looked really impressive, then I found out Haste had a couple of matches in PWG. Im not saying bring them in but Im wondering how he looked in his PWG stuff, cause he looked pretty damn impressive from what I saw.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:35 pm

eastbay510 wrote:So ROH is bringing in a few up'n'comers on friday, and their bringing in the team of Mikey Nickells and Shane Haste. I did some research and saw they had a couple matches in NOAH and looked really impressive, then I found out Haste had a couple of matches in PWG. Im not saying bring them in but Im wondering how he looked in his PWG stuff, cause he looked pretty damn impressive from what I saw.

that's TMDK, right? they were at the last nwa hollywood tapings. had some of the best matches that night.
JOIN THE SWARM BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
User avatar
So Cal Punk
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:51 pm

So Cal Punk wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:So ROH is bringing in a few up'n'comers on friday, and their bringing in the team of Mikey Nickells and Shane Haste. I did some research and saw they had a couple matches in NOAH and looked really impressive, then I found out Haste had a couple of matches in PWG. Im not saying bring them in but Im wondering how he looked in his PWG stuff, cause he looked pretty damn impressive from what I saw.

that's TMDK, right? they were at the last nwa hollywood tapings. had some of the best matches that night.

I believe I saw that on their trunks, what does TMDK stand for?
eastbay510
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests