New Amazing Spider Man Preview

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

New Amazing Spider Man Preview

Postby CheMateo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:56 am

User avatar
CheMateo
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Farmington Dist. L.A.

Re: New Amazing Spider Man Preview

Postby El Asian » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:57 pm

I was initially put off on the idea of doing a reboot a bit too soon but it probably is for the best considering Tobey was getting too old for the role now plus I like the fact Peter's parents get a larger role at least in Peter's backstory this time around, still more excited for The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1687
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: New Amazing Spider Man Preview

Postby CheMateo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:34 pm

I agree, I am definitely more excited about The Dark Knight Rises & The Avengers. I was also not keen on a reboot but I am sure this will turn out great and can become the start of a much better trilogy of Spider Man movies. Yeah, maybe we will find that the Parkers are government spies.

I never read Ultimate Spider Man where I believe this is drawing inspiration from. What are some of the difference with Ultimate's take on Spider Man?
User avatar
CheMateo
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Farmington Dist. L.A.

Re: New Amazing Spider Man Preview

Postby El Asian » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:30 pm

CheMateo wrote:I never read Ultimate Spider Man where I believe this is drawing inspiration from. What are some of the difference with Ultimate's take on Spider Man?

way late to answer this but besides that Peter Parker is dead in the Ultimate universe, the new Spider-man is someone named Miles Morales and in all actuality, the Ultimate version is a bit more like the Sam Raimi movies as Mary Jane is the high school sweetheart in that one as well while Amazing Spider-man pays a more to the original version, several liberties in the origin but it still works for the movie, other differences in Ultimate Spider-man to main Spider-man were pretty drastic, the Green Goblin is a big giant monster instead and the Hobgoblin is Harry Osborne, also a big giant monster, instead of being the Green Goblin and other difference with the villains compared to the main 616 Marvel universe and in Ultimate Spider-man, Peter was still in high school while 616 Spider-man graduated high school, which is actually where the movie is a bit more to Ultimate universe than main 616 universe although Gwen in Ultimate universe is more of a punk girl than what she is in the 616 and other movies, including Spider-man 3, also Gwen dies by Carnage in Ultimate Spider-man but returns later on as a clone with Gwen's memories intact while main universe Spider-man, Gwen dies by Green Goblin but never comes back, other differences with villains and other characters like the Clone Saga, too long to explain right now but one thing that was kept intact in both was that Uncle Ben dies from the thief and Peter's parents worked for SHIELD, which brings me to talk about the movie later on

so yeah, the movie came out and I absolutely enjoyed the film, I thought the characterization in the film was better in this than the Sam Raimi movies and I think Garfield does a better job than Tobey, I didn't think the Lizard was that explored that well in the movie, Ifans was good as Conners but they kinda forced the evil thing without really exploring the redeeming qualities with Conners, people will bitch about this movie being another origin story but I thought it was fine, the post credit scene with Amazing Spider-man was weird though, compared to the Avengers where it was more of a holy shit thing, but speaking of that and bring the Peter's parents thing, since Peter looking for his parents is a big plot point in this movie, I was somewhat disappointed the after credit scene in Amazing Spider-man, mostly due to that story I posted in the Avengers thread on here, I was hoping for Sam Jackson to make an appearance although that was my fault for having that expectation really
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1687
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: New Amazing Spider Man Preview

Postby CheMateo » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:27 am

Thanks for the clarification. I am glad to hear the positive buzz around Spidey. I have been kind of apathetic toward The Amazing Spider Man. But all this continuous acclaim may just expedite my viewing experience.
User avatar
CheMateo
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Farmington Dist. L.A.

Re: New Amazing Spider Man Preview

Postby OSKMIA » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:12 am

El Asian wrote:the post credit scene with Amazing Spider-man was weird though, compared to the Avengers where it was more of a holy shit thing, but speaking of that and bring the Peter's parents thing, since Peter looking for his parents is a big plot point in this movie, I was somewhat disappointed the after credit scene in Amazing Spider-man, mostly due to that story I posted in the Avengers thread on here, I was hoping for Sam Jackson to make an appearance although that was my fault for having that expectation really


So there was a post credit scene?! Sonnabitch! How long did you wait for the scene? I waited for like a good minute and then the theater lights turned on, so I left.
"PWG has three big events every year there is DDT4 which is like their Royal Rumble... All Star Weekend which is their Summer Slam... and BoLA which is their WrestleMania."
OSKMIA
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: New Amazing Spider Man Preview

Postby CheMateo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:17 pm

I am going to go see this tonight. I am now kind of looking forward to this new interpretation. I am not partial to the Sam Raimi movies. I liked Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2, but I don't think they were so good that a new interpretation can't possibly measure up. Also, I was never that big on Tobey Macguire. Spider-Man 3 was rubbish, so I have no doubt The Amazing Spider-Man will outshine that one. A couple things I'm looking forward to... The Lizard - I'm glad even though they're treading old ground that we get a new villain, and one that was an interesting adversary and would probably work quite well for this sort of story. Also, Gwen Stacey. I felt like she got kinda weeded out of the Sam Raimi movies. I am glad that Gwen will get a long story arc.
User avatar
CheMateo
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Farmington Dist. L.A.

Re: New Amazing Spider Man Preview

Postby El Asian » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:53 pm

honestly, I thought The Lizard was the weakest part of the film, probably has something to do with the overabundance of CG used for the fight between Spider-man and The Lizard

OSKMIA wrote:
El Asian wrote:the post credit scene with Amazing Spider-man was weird though, compared to the Avengers where it was more of a holy shit thing, but speaking of that and bring the Peter's parents thing, since Peter looking for his parents is a big plot point in this movie, I was somewhat disappointed the after credit scene in Amazing Spider-man, mostly due to that story I posted in the Avengers thread on here, I was hoping for Sam Jackson to make an appearance although that was my fault for having that expectation really


So there was a post credit scene?! Sonnabitch! How long did you wait for the scene? I waited for like a good minute and then the theater lights turned on, so I left.

yes, it wasn't too long, its kinda like the one for the Avengers where it happens in the middle of the credits but no extra ending at the end though
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1687
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests