WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby Derper » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:51 am

DGUSA have made their Friday show an iPPV (old news, I think). With that said, any hopes for PWG teaming with WWNLive for just this once (provided something with Highspots doesn't come up) to make Sunday an iPPV?
Derper

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:28 am

With only a few days before the show I wouldn't bet on it.
Garden State Saint

Postby Meltman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:03 am

Derper wrote:DGUSA have made their Friday show an iPPV (old news, I think). With that said, any hopes for PWG teaming with WWNLive for just this once (provided something with Highspots doesn't come up) to make Sunday an iPPV?

Garden State Saint wrote:With only a few days before the show I wouldn't bet on it.

Add to that the fact that PWG can't do an iPPV containing ROH wrestlers, so the World Champ and 1/2 of the Tag Champs wouldn't wrestle.

The "PWG needs an iPPV" phrase is as annoying as reading "what's this song called?" on their DVD previews.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:51 pm

yeah, I think PWG doing an iPPV would cause more problems than its worth risking for and even if PWG does ever consider doing an iPPV, I say PWG should at least do other things before they expand doing an iPPV
El Asian

Postby Lord Akiyama » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:59 am

About to drive up shortly (gotta pick up cash and eat breakfast first).

Some notes announced on the web site:

- WrestleReunion Host Bill Apter was hospitalized a few days ago. While he's back home, he's been advised not to travel cross country for what would surely be an exhausting weekend. Jimmy Hart, who is the WrestleReunion Ambassador, will be taking over MC duties.

- A second shoot interview starring Brian Kendrick and Paul London was filmmed last night (complete with green screen). They may roam the convention for the weekend, but that also means we're getting a second "Excellent Adventure" from the duo.

- Among the early arrivals include the Dragon Gate talent (who were running a training seminar last night), Shelly Martinez, and Scott Steiner.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:38 pm

I'm not sure another London & Kendrick shoot can be as good as the first, unless it contains more Kendrick wackiness.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:32 pm

Holy shit, Sami Callihan destroyed AR Fox, these two deserve a shot in PWG without a doubt.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:46 am

eastbay510 wrote:Holy shit, Sami Callihan destroyed AR Fox, these two deserve a shot in PWG without a doubt.

I've been all for this idea for over a year now. 8)
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:36 am

gotta agree, Callihan and Fox was really impressive and hope PWG do bring them in one day, also disappointed Rich Swann missed his flight but I'm happy Scorpio Sky, who I'm surprised won't be working this Sunday, took his place, hope DGUSA books Sky more but most of the matches were solid, probably my favorite was Tozawa vs. Pac

also, I checked out the 5 Dollar Wrestling that took place after the DGUSA show and it was the most hilarious time I've had, basically its MST3K over bad wrestling but never in my life I would think I end up seeing Jim Neidhart naked :shock:
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:06 pm

I still can't get over Chuck not being booked by PWG. He's right there. Fingers crossed he shows up still and does commentary (imagine him & Excalibur commentating the whole show).
Meltman

Postby rohgenextfan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:17 pm

El Asian wrote:gotta agree, Callihan and Fox was really impressive and hope PWG do bring them in one day, also disappointed Rich Swann missed his flight but I'm happy Scorpio Sky, who I'm surprised won't be working this Sunday, took his place, hope DGUSA books Sky more but most of the matches were solid, probably my favorite was Tozawa vs. Pac

also, I checked out the 5 Dollar Wrestling that took place after the DGUSA show and it was the most hilarious time I've had, basically its MST3K over bad wrestling but never in my life I would think I end up seeing Jim Neidhart naked :shock:

You don't know that until the show is done. They could have surprises in store for the fans.
rohgenextfan

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Agree with a lot of folks about how impressive Sami and Fox were as well as hoping Sky gets some more DGUSA bookings. Coming in last second to fill for Swann on an iPPV and the crowd reaction being as hot as it was, surely Gabe will consider both booking Sky some more as well as more LA dates. Goddamn was that a great show last night.

$5 Wrestling was a hilarious riot. Check out the DVD when HighSpots puts it up, although be warned that Sunny talked about Jim Neidhart texting her pics of himself and she was showing one off to everyone, including the cameraman.

I really, really enjoyed the Celebration Seminar on the LA wrestling territory. I loved the pics they showed, includin the ones Theo Ehert brought which are absolutely beautiful. Just a lot of great people, great stories some of them told, including Rock Riddle mentioning how much he enjoyed being the EWF locker room not too long ago and seeing how Jesse Hernadez's students had the same understanding and respect that they used to have. I bought Jeff and Scott Walton's book "Richmond 9-5171" as a result of how much I liked that seminar.
Lord Akiyama

Postby El Asian » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:06 pm

an interesting news concerning the DGUSA show, Paul London was going to be Chuck's partner until a prior engagement prevented him from appearing and Cabana was also discussed before they went with Sky
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:38 pm

To correct myself, Chuck's Twitter says he's out of LA so he won't be at PWG in any capacity.

El Asian wrote:an interesting news concerning the DGUSA show, Paul London was going to be Chuck's partner until a prior engagement prevented him from appearing and Cabana was also discussed before they went with Sky

Cabana would've fit better. The match on paper looks like a weird exhibition match. I reckon this means Sky is back off the PWG wagon. That was a decent run The Dynasty had, I guess.

Joey & Avalon as a replacement team?
Meltman

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:30 am

Does anybody have results from the Saturday PWS show?
Garden State Saint

Postby Facetious » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:10 am

Garden State Saint wrote:Does anybody have results from the Saturday PWS show?

Here you go. http://www.pwponderings.com/2012/01/29/ ... ll-report/
Facetious

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:22 am

The crowd was quiet during the beginning of a number of matches, even the really good ones. They did start picking up once each match caught them with their hook, but I was quite surprised with the fans in that sense.

My favorite my was actually the minis and felt they stole the show. Davey vs. Harry and Bucks vs. Generico/Sasuke were not that far behind them, really.

No one gave Jake Manning a chance in hell. No matter what he did, they did not react except to when he did the backbreaker into reverse STO combo.

There were a number of us who were cheering on for Rock Riddle to win the battle royal, it was great. Rock Riddle continues to be my hero thanks to this weekend.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Meltman » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Quick results:

1. Fightin' Taylor Boys b. Famous B/Chris Kadillak
2. Jimmy Susumu b. BxB Hulk
3. The Young Bucks b. Davey Richards/Harry Smith (replaces Eddie Edwards)
4. Willie Mack b. Naruki Doi
5. Cedric Alexander/B-Boy/Candice LeRae/Mascarita Dorada b. Peter Avalon/DEMUS 3:16/Ray Rosas/Joey Ryan
6. RockNES Monsters b. Spiked Mohicans
7. Masaaki Mochizuki b. Roderick Strong
8. El Generico/PAC/Masato Yoshino b. Kevin Steen/Super Dragon/Akira Tozawa

Surprised by a few of these results, namely Doi/Mack, the 8-person, Mohicans/RockNES and the main event. Will PWG start booking Cedric? He's 2-0 in PWG, a pretty good record for a non-regular.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:23 pm

Also Colt Cabana did commentary on at least 1 match.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:19 pm

I think Colt did commentary for the entire show it seems, anyways really great show and really big crowd despite lack of Legends appearing and on day of the Rumble (and given circumstances now, better than the Rumble as well and Rumbles are my favorite PPVs as well), hope Harry Smith returns, not sure with Dorada though he looked really good in his appearances, he mostly worked with DEMUS and I'm not sure he can work with others
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum