DDT4 2012!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:43 am

Meltman wrote:Would be cool to see a 2-day tournament with 12 teams, ending with an elimination 3-way tag (similar to the 24-man BOLAs ending in a 3-way elim.).

Teams I'd like seeing:

American Wolves
Appetite for Destruction
Avalon/Rosas
The Dynasty
Famous B/Kadillak
Fightin' Taylor Boys (Brian Cage/Chuck Taylor)
Future Shock
RockNES Monsters
Super Smash Bros.
The Young Bucks

Throw a couple makeshift teams in:

B-Boy/TJ Perkins
Willie Mack/Roderick Strong

Have Generico title defenses both nights and yeah.


If you had to have an upset opening round match of those teams what would it be?
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby Meltman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
Meltman wrote:Would be cool to see a 2-day tournament with 12 teams, ending with an elimination 3-way tag (similar to the 24-man BOLAs ending in a 3-way elim.).

Teams I'd like seeing:

American Wolves
Appetite for Destruction
Avalon/Rosas
The Dynasty
Famous B/Kadillak
Fightin' Taylor Boys (Brian Cage/Chuck Taylor)
Future Shock
RockNES Monsters
Super Smash Bros.
The Young Bucks

Throw a couple makeshift teams in:

B-Boy/TJ Perkins
Willie Mack/Roderick Strong

Have Generico title defenses both nights and yeah.


If you had to have an upset opening round match of those teams what would it be?

I'd have Super Smash vs. The Bucks in round 1 with SSB getting the upset win. Nobody would expect The Bucks out that early, plus it's a first time match.
Meltman
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby So Cal Punk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:50 pm

chris kadillak & candice lerae
JOIN THE SWARM BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
User avatar
So Cal Punk
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby So Cal Punk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:51 pm

So Cal Punk wrote:chris kadillak & candice lerae

kadillak & famous b could also work
JOIN THE SWARM BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
User avatar
So Cal Punk
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby Whoblehwah » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:59 pm

If Willie Mack's not a part of the tournament I hope he gets a title shot. That'd be cool.
Image
Whoblehwah
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:31 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby Meltman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:33 pm

^ Candice in the tournament would be cool. She's been on the roster for like 4 years. A tournament appearance would be nice. She could team with just about any face on the roster.

Also agreed on Mack. He's still never had a PWG Title shot. If he wins over Doi he should def be next in line. The Generico/Mack BOLA match was way too short.
Meltman
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby ratedRpornstar » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:50 pm

I think its time for PWG to show a little Arrogance again.
Image

"John, these 65,000 idiots think were taking them to the Super Bowl!"
User avatar
ratedRpornstar
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:09 am
Location: Bakersfield, California

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:40 am

Meltman wrote:I'd have Super Smash vs. The Bucks in round 1 with SSB getting the upset win. Nobody would expect The Bucks out that early, plus it's a first time match.


If the Bucks were one & done at DDT4 I would hope for them to pop back up on the show in some capacity.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:07 pm

Hallowicked is back in ROH (for one match at least) if Frightmare is healthy by then I say bring em in
eastbay510
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:24 pm

I'd love to see more Hallowicked in PWG. I recall liking Incoherence vs. the Dynasty, granted that was awhile ago.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby Meltman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:07 pm

There are Chikara guys better suited for PWG. Archibald Peck I think would be perfect in PWG working along with guys like Avalon & The Dynasty. I've wanted to see Ophidian in PWG for the longest time; that dude has serious talent and his gimmick is off the wall.
Meltman
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:49 am

Meltman wrote:There are Chikara guys better suited for PWG. Archibald Peck I think would be perfect in PWG working along with guys like Avalon & The Dynasty. I've wanted to see Ophidian in PWG for the longest time; that dude has serious talent and his gimmick is off the wall.

The reason Hallowicked is one of my favorite wrestlers is what he does in the ring, he may not be the funniest of goofiest charicter Chikara has to offer, but in the ring i think he is one of the best in that company (I do love Ophidian by the way to). The combination of lucha and high impact is something you dont see all the time, he is just to good to be only getting booked in Chikara.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby ratedRpornstar » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:41 am

Its time to bring in La Resistance!
Image

"John, these 65,000 idiots think were taking them to the Super Bowl!"
User avatar
ratedRpornstar
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:09 am
Location: Bakersfield, California

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby El Asian » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:27 am

ratedRpornstar wrote:Its time to bring in La Resistance!

User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1647
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby rohgenextfan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Meltman wrote:^ Candice in the tournament would be cool. She's been on the roster for like 4 years. A tournament appearance would be nice. She could team with just about any face on the roster.

Also agreed on Mack. He's still never had a PWG Title shot. If he wins over Doi he should def be next in line. The Generico/Mack BOLA match was way too short.


Candice & El Generico?
From Kurt RussellReunion 3:

Group of fans 1: "Naruki DOI!
Group of fans 2: "Willie MACK!!"
Group of fans 1: "Naruki DOI!!!"
Group of fans 2: "Willie MACK!!!!"
Fan behind me: "Rick KNOX!!!!!!!!!!"
rohgenextfan
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:43 pm

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:44 am

rohgenextfan wrote:
Meltman wrote:^ Candice in the tournament would be cool. She's been on the roster for like 4 years. A tournament appearance would be nice. She could team with just about any face on the roster.

Also agreed on Mack. He's still never had a PWG Title shot. If he wins over Doi he should def be next in line. The Generico/Mack BOLA match was way too short.


Candice & El Generico?

Candice and Peter Avalon would be a halirious team... But I wouldnt do it at DDT4, and about the Willie Mack title match I would love to see that, but if not there is another match I would love to see while Generico is the champ. Generico vs. Ricochet vs. Chuck Taylor
eastbay510
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby ajday » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:12 am

El Asian wrote:
ratedRpornstar wrote:Its time to bring in La Resistance!



Defintely with El Asian...

And I'll be stealing this excuse of a "no", too.
twitter.com/andrewdeyoe
Image
User avatar
ajday
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Portland, Or.

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby ratedRpornstar » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:19 am

lol poor AJ
Image

"John, these 65,000 idiots think were taking them to the Super Bowl!"
User avatar
ratedRpornstar
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:09 am
Location: Bakersfield, California

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby Colt Banana » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:59 am

Candice and Sara? I'd have no issue with Sara going over guys in the company and an all female team could be a fun change of pace. Alternatively I'd team her with someone like Super Dragon, Kevin Steen or even Necro Butcher (I don't particularly care for Butcher but they'd be such visually funny team) basically someone who can kick tons of ass so the team could have a real chance of going to the finals.

Also, once again (I think I'm doing this annually at this point) I'd like to request my dream team of Steen and Eddie Kingston. They don't even have to wrestle, I just want them to stand in the ring and rip on the fans for 15 minutes :p
Colt Banana
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: DDT4 2012!

Postby Meltman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:48 am

I think it's time to give Kingston another shot. His no-shows were in 2008, it's been almost 4 years since he worked PWG. The Briscoes were brought back successfully, as were the Luchas (kinda...), why not Kingston?

Kingston returning to PWG, especially for a tourney like DDT4, would garner a nice buzz. Imagine him teaming with Chuckie T.
Meltman
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Dangerous Robot, Google [Bot] and 4 guests