Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's FEAR takes place on December 10!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's FEAR takes place on December 1

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:37 am

Im excited! Driving out from vegas.
DeadBlueBlazer

Postby Derper » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:39 am

Anyone else going it alone? People bailed on me last second, so idk how it's gonna be like by myself. But on a lighter note: It's getting closer and closer and I'm stoked.
Derper

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Derper wrote:Anyone else going it alone? People bailed on me last second, so idk how it's gonna be like by myself. But on a lighter note: It's getting closer and closer and I'm stoked.

I've been there by myself or with people plenty of times. You shouldn't have too much of a problem. Feel free to say hi! A lot of us sit in a big group and such, can't miss most of the PWGKliq.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Have fun y'all. Make sure to keep us unfortunate people updated on what goes down.
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby The Franchise13 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Waiting in line.... its freaking cold!
The Franchise13

Postby The Franchise13 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:02 pm

The sound guy sucks.... audio is horrible. He is playing the wrong songs. Excalibur is going crazy
The Franchise13

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:18 pm

The Franchise13 wrote:The sound guy sucks.... audio is horrible. He is playing the wrong songs. Excalibur is going crazy

lol I can only imagine. Any match results yet?
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby The Franchise13 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:57 am

Im buzzed... so im going to try to remember:
The Taylor Boys def King & Perkings
Strong def Amazing Red
Team Sleazy def Team Candice
Willie Mack def Chris Hero
RockNES def Future Shock
American Wolves def Super Smash Bros
El Generico def Dick Togo with Brainbustah from top rope turnbuckle
Steen & Dragon def The Bucks to become new PWG Tag Team Champs
The Franchise13

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:00 am

The Franchise13 wrote:Im buzzed... so im going to try to remember:
The Taylor Boys def King & Perkings
Strong def Amazing Red
Team Sleazy def Team Candice
Willie Mack def Chris Hero
RockNES def Future Shock
American Wolves def Super Smash Bros
El Generico def Dick Togo with Brainbustah from top rope turnbuckle
Steen & Dragon def The Bucks to become new PWG Tag Team Champs

Nice! I had a strong feeling that we'd have new tag champs. I'm glad Super Dragon wasn't a one shot deal and that it seems he's back for good. So how would you rate the show?
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:56 am

Really happy with the main even result. Awesome to see Super Dragon here for a bit.
Hawkeye

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:23 am

i got their at like 6:30 & the at the door line was really short, the pre-order GA line was like 10 times as long though. what the sense make?
So Cal Punk

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:28 am

Steen tore the tag belts up afterwards & I got a peice of one of em. I'm gonna ask Paul London to sign it next week at IWL & other former or current PWG tag champs when I get the chance.
So Cal Punk

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:36 am

hope to get more details soon, like how did dragon do, what did hero say, were generico & togo somehow able to meet xpectations, how did the crowd react to B boy's return etc.??
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:24 am

Where did B-Boy appear? We need better details.
Garden State Saint

Postby spawnsyxx9 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:42 am

Garden State Saint wrote:Where did B-Boy appear? We need better details.

He returned in the 8 man match.
spawnsyxx9

Postby SlayJ » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Some quick thoughts about "Fear" while they're still relatively fresh in my mind...

On the whole I don't think the show quite lived up to its lofty expectations. It's hard to really put a finger on, but there was just something a little off about it. That's not to say the show offered no positives because there was some really good stuff here. But "Fear" was definitely a step down from "Steen Wolf". The first half of the show was especially unwieldy, as there were constant sound glitches, hit/miss matches and a general lack of energy from the crowd. Even the returns of B-Boy and Hero couldn't really save the day early on.

The second half was much stronger as the American Wolves and Super Smash Bros. had a really good tag match, El Generico vs Dick Togo was a lot of fun and the Guerrilla Warfare match was as psychotic and frenzied as you'd expect. Super Dragon looked really good in his return and took some crazy ass bumps (as did the Bucks and Steen). They'll all be hurting today I'd suspect. But I dunno, there was just something about the title change that lacked a little bit of the genuine emotion of Generico's title win and Dragon's return at "Steen Wolf".

Overall I think the wrestlers really worked their asses off as they always do in PWG. But not everything clicked as well as I hoped. And the crowd wasn't nearly as electric as they were for the last show. It will be interesting to see how it comes across on DVD.
SlayJ

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:45 pm

I ended up getting to the hall at 5:00 , wasn't alot of people there yet maybe about 20 . Me and my buddy went with no tickets and hoping for the best . At around 6:30 I left to grab some food as my friend waited , as soon as I got back 20 mins later the place was jam packed with people. They made 3 lines for front row, general admin, and people who didn't have tickets . I was about 10 in the line of people who had no tickets . They did a count to see how many people where out there and I felt really good on our chances of getting tickets . Then about 20 mins later Excaliber comes out and starts counting the rest of us and goes back inside. Right about now I have a really bad feeling to top it off somebody else came out asking us what time we got there. Me and my buddy ended up getting in and being able to sit down . I'm wondering if they turned away anybody behind us .

Show was great the sound guy really did a bad job to start the show . When Hero's music hit the first time I leaned over to my buddy and told him I think there's a chance he's gonna wrestle . Hero is my all time favorite PWG and RoH wrestler so I was jacked when he's music hit again and there he was . Really solid match with Mac, Hero's speach at the end was a little puzzling as it seemed he was gonna take some time off wrestling ( that's just my opinion ) as he did look a little out of shape . I heard somebody ask him after he's match whats going on with WWE and he just put he's arms up like he didn't know . The Show was way worth sitting out in the card waiting to grab a ticket . It was my buddy's first PWG show and he couldn't stop talking about telling me how he's gonna order a bunch of DVD's before he goes back to Spain .
ShadowMaster

Postby Itchypanda » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:01 pm

The turnout was huge for this event. I'm not sure if waiting in the cold or trying to live beyond the expectations of Steen Wolf quelled the crowd but there wasn't much emotion in the first half of the event.

The sound guy received a lot of heat and a massive scolding by Excalibur. I'm sure the guy just wanted to hide in a rock until it was over. He basically gave away Chris Hero's return and received some very cold looks from Roddy Strong and Chris Hero before introductions to their respective matches.

Kenny King and TJ Perkins started the match but within their first set, the Fightin' Taylor Boys interrupted and an impromptu tag match occurred. Taylor Boys won in a disjointed match with missed spots but impressive work. Kenny King needs a solid match in PWG.

Strong defeated the Amazing Red. Red looked completely out of tune with the match and apologized afterwards stating "TNA didn't give me much time to train..."

Two matches in and it seemed like this was going to be the stinker PWG show of the year...dead crowd and sloppy matches.

Team Sleazy (Joey Ryan, Scorpio Sky, Peter Avalon & Ray Rosas) vs. Team Candice (Candice LeRae, Chris Kadillac and Famous B). Joey gets on the mic and states that they call off the match and make a 6-man, 1-woman movie with Candice as the "star" since they were missing a partner. Candice states she asked her ex-husband Scott Lost to come but he refused and re-iterated why their were still divorced. She introduces "New Age Punisher" B-Boy and the match is under way. Same but very funny spots in pseudo-sexual positions with Candice LeRae and Team Sleazy. In the end, Ryan and Sky finish the match for the win to their team. The crowd finally comes alive.

Willie Mack comes out and many in the crowd were surprised because he was originally booked to wrestle in the previous 8-man. Chris Hero comes out to the biggest pop of the night. Mack defeats Hero in probably the best match of their series. Hero gets on the mic and cryptically tells the crowd that he may not be seen "for a very long time" alluding to taking time off to go back home to Dayton, OH. Not sure if this has anything to do with the medical evaluation he had with the "World Wildlife Foundation" that is being speculated online. Just to note, Hero looked solid in the ring but his usually, fairly trim waistline was spilling over this night. Hero will always be a god in PWG.

RockNES Monsters defeated Future Shock in one of the best matches of the night. Great spots. Worth watching again on DVD.

Intermission and praying the sound guy fixes the issues.

American Wolves defeated the Super Smash Brothers in a very physical match that spilled out into the crowd often. Davey puts over SSB after the match.

El Generico defeated Dick Togo in a match that started slow and sped to a satisfying conclusion. Togo's spots were basic highlights of many of his finishers. Huge fan support for both men. Lots of respect and chants for Togo and, well, lots of typical "Dick" jokes in the crowd.

Steen and Dragon destroy the Young Bucks in a Guerilla Warfare Match. Very difficult to watch because the match was every where. Envious of the DVD fans who will see this properly before I do. Standing room only during this match. With everyone trying to move out of the way, no chant could properly start or sustain during this match and many did try.

In my opinion, and mine only, this card was likely the weakest for the biggest turnout in 2011. I loved the matches but the crowd was off and the first two matches were so disjointed that it quelled the audience. The 8-man should have brought the crowd back to full tilt but it didn't last long. Chris Hero's "goodbye" speech to PWG was heartfelt and partially ruined by a self-serving fan.
Itchypanda

Postby BOLA4ever » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:49 pm

yea some asshole said WILLIE when hero was giving an emotional speech.
fun show i missed Super Dragon and his destructiveness as we all did im sure.
during Future Shock and Rockness match
O'Riely got Goodtimes bandana and smeared in his face and it landed on my face!!!
haha
BOLA4ever

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Great show. Except for the sound guys. Jesus fucking Christ. They had no idea what they were doing. The bald fuck had this look on his face the whole night like he had never seen a computer before. All he had to do was press play and stop on an Itunes playlist and he managed to fuck it up. Excalibur was losing his shit with him early in the show. Sound fuck was playing El Generico's theme at the beginning of one of the opening matches, and Excalibur was screaming at him "PRESS STOP! PLEASE JUST PRESS STOP". He stopped it, after about 45 seconds. Hero and B-Boy's returns were also fucked up by him. He also couldn't figure out how to turn the volume of the music up, or how to turn on the mic.

In this picture, I'm pretty sure Excalibur is writing him a note on how to press play and stop. Good thing none of it will make the dvd.

abouttreefitty350

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum