Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's FEAR takes place on December 10!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's FEAR takes place on December 1

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:24 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
So Cal Punk wrote:another great name would've been "X-Mas Origins: Super Dragon"

This idea...this idea I like.

thanks. glad somebody does :mrgreen:
So Cal Punk

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:00 am

Man that hype video brought back SO many great memories of the Dragon/Steen fued that took place for over a year. That was probably the one storyline that really drew me into PWG and when Steen unmasked as the fake Dragon, I popped like CRAZY!
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby El Asian » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:44 pm

a great interview Excalibur did with Alan4L to hype up FEAR and the WrestleReunion 6man tag plus Excalibur answers some questions concerning Paul London and about another show in Europe

http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/112611dks.mp3
El Asian

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Stoked on this one!!! I'm rollin solo but joining my #PWGKliq
DjEn3rgy21

Postby BOLA4ever » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:36 pm

THIS SATURDAY
BOLA4ever

Postby The Franchise13 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:43 am

Its only a few days away.... KILL STEEN KILL
The Franchise13

Postby CMPG » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:37 am

For those who do not follow @OfficialPWG on Twitter:

Los Luchas will not be on FEAR due to a family emergency.

Where do you think this will leave Ryan Taylor and Brian Cage-Taylor on the card?
CMPG

Postby The Franchise13 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:56 pm

CMPG wrote:For those who do not follow @OfficialPWG on Twitter:

Where do you think this will leave Ryan Taylor and Brian Cage-Taylor on the card?

The only thing I could think of is changing the King vs Perkings match to Kenny King vs Cage-Taylor and TJ Perkings vs Ryan Taylor. That to me would be the best scenario because the other 6 matches on the card are perfect as they are.
The Franchise13

Postby El Asian » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:02 pm

The Franchise13 wrote:

The only thing I could think of is changing the King vs Perkings match to Kenny King vs Cage-Taylor and TJ Perkings vs Ryan Taylor. That to me would be the best scenario because the other 6 matches on the card are perfect as they are.

possibly though I would like to see King vs. Perkins actually happen at FEAR and find a team to replace Los Luchas that's a available to face the Taylors at FEAR
El Asian

Postby SlayJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Well I think it would be cool to get another solid Lucha guy (SoCal Crazy for instance) and have him team with Puma to face the Taylors in the opener. After a few minutes of fast paced action, Kenny King could come out and cut a heel promo on Puma saying that everybody knows it's TJ Perkins and he feels disrespected that TJ isn't taking him seriously. King could then cheap shot Puma followed by the two of them brawling to the back. Meanwhile have the Taylors completely destroy Crazy, making them look like bullies and building some heat. Finally have Perkins return after the match all pissed off and demand King return to the ring to fight. I think a scenerio like this could help get everybody involved a little more over with the crowd and maybe give some legit heat to matches that would otherwise probably just be good athletic exhibitions. Just a thought.
SlayJ

Postby ajday » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:26 pm

SlayJ wrote:Well I think it would be cool to get another solid Lucha guy (SoCal Crazy for instance) and have him team with Puma to face the Taylors in the opener. After a few minutes of fast paced action, Kenny King could come out and cut a heel promo on Puma saying that everybody knows it's TJ Perkins and he feels disrespected that TJ isn't taking him seriously. King could then cheap shot Puma followed by the two of them brawling to the back. Meanwhile have the Taylors completely destroy Crazy, making them look like bullies and building some heat. Finally have Perkins return after the match all pissed off and demand King return to the ring to fight. I think a scenerio like this could help get everybody involved a little more over with the crowd and maybe give some legit heat to matches that would otherwise probably just be good athletic exhibitions. Just a thought.

Nice thinking, but the only downside is that King has been built as a face or the two/three times he has been in the PWG ring (at least in my opinion). I don't think they'll swerve him to go heel like this.
ajday

Postby b2u » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:41 pm

Fightin' Taylor boys vs RockNES Monsters vs. future shock
b2u

Postby SlayJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:58 pm

ajday wrote:
SlayJ wrote:Well I think it would be cool to get another solid Lucha guy (SoCal Crazy for instance) and have him team with Puma to face the Taylors in the opener. After a few minutes of fast paced action, Kenny King could come out and cut a heel promo on Puma saying that everybody knows it's TJ Perkins and he feels disrespected that TJ isn't taking him seriously. King could then cheap shot Puma followed by the two of them brawling to the back. Meanwhile have the Taylors completely destroy Crazy, making them look like bullies and building some heat. Finally have Perkins return after the match all pissed off and demand King return to the ring to fight. I think a scenerio like this could help get everybody involved a little more over with the crowd and maybe give some legit heat to matches that would otherwise probably just be good athletic exhibitions. Just a thought.

Nice thinking, but the only downside is that King has been built as a face or the two/three times he has been in the PWG ring (at least in my opinion). I don't think they'll swerve him to go heel like this.

I hear what you're saying. But in my opinion King's cocky style fits him so much better as a heel. And I think establishing a distinct line between Perkins and King could make for a much better all around match-up than just a "face vs face" technical battle. Potentially I could see a nice little undercard feud between the two as well if they wanted to go that route. TJ needs more to do than just being the guy who puts on solid matches that don't really mean anything 5 minutes after they are over. And King really hasn't established a role here yet either. It might be worth a shot.
SlayJ

Postby El Asian » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:52 pm

honestly, I might be the only guy here that really doesn't get or care for SoCal Crazy and thinks there probably other guys worth bringing in than him

anyways, PWG has announced that there will be undercard changes for FEAR, my guess that this will eliminate the 8person tag match, which I won't mind personally and maybe King vs. TJP as well
El Asian

Postby SlayJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:05 pm

El Asian wrote:honestly, I might be the only guy here that really doesn't get or care for SoCal Crazy and thinks there probably other guys worth bringing in than him

anyways, PWG has announced that there will be undercard changes for FEAR, my guess that this will eliminate the 8person tag match, which I won't mind personally and maybe King vs. TJP as well

I think Crazy could have good upside as a underdog babyface in PWG. He certainly has a lot of room for improvement, but I believe he would step his game up working with a wider range of experienced guys. Plus if Kris Kadillak sticks around, they have good chemistry together either as a team or as opponents.

As for the 8 Person tag, I hope it stays on the card. These types of matches are a PWG staple and they're usually a crapload of fun. Plus it's good to see some of the new blood mixing it up with a few of the regulars. Whatever changes do happen, hopefully they'll make a strong show even better.
SlayJ

Postby ajday » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:26 am

SlayJ wrote:
ajday wrote:

I hear what you're saying. But in my opinion King's cocky style fits him so much better as a heel. And I think establishing a distinct line between Perkins and King could make for a much better all around match-up than just a "face vs face" technical battle. Potentially I could see a nice little undercard feud between the two as well if they wanted to go that route. TJ needs more to do than just being the guy who puts on solid matches that don't really mean anything 5 minutes after they are over. And King really hasn't established a role here yet either. It might be worth a shot.

I understand what you're getting at, but I feel that if he can be cocky enough to the point where he comes of as, dare I say, arrogant, he could get the same fan base to cheer for him like Chris Bosh. Granted, it wouldn't be the same since King is not a racist, punches people in the groin or has the ability to say some outlandish things on the mic, but the fact that he is the "pretty boy pitbull" brings that hope of him being cocky in the ring. I hope that King stays around for a while in PWG to establish any role, though. And that these appearances don't just come and go.

On a different topic, one match that I forgot about that I am once again looking forward to is Amazing Red vs. Roddy. I was really impressed with Red back when I first saw him in TNA, back when it was on Fox Sports up here in Portland. When I saw his reammergence on TNA, I had hope again, but they didn't seem to push him like he could have been used. Then again, I don't really watch TNA so I shouldn't be judging. I'm hoping we can see an awesome match with Red and Roddy, with some dives and chops. Anyone else have a match that stands out to them that's not the return of Super Dragon or the last match of Dick Togo on the West Coast?
ajday

Postby So Cal Punk » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Since fear factor returns the Monday after this show I was think fear factor could've been a good name for the show. come to think of it, did fear factor have an influence on the name of this show?
So Cal Punk

Postby So Cal Punk » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:55 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, why did the tickets have go to at the door early :cry:

by limited number how much we talkin' here?
So Cal Punk

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:34 pm

How many tickets will be available ? I was planning on getting my tickets tonight, guess I should try to make it to the show around 5 ?
ShadowMaster

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:08 am

Excuse my french, but why the fuck would you guys end the online ticket sales before the deadline? this is complete bullshit, I'm so pissed off right now man, wow!
CrOwNMeKiNG23

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum